You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez: The little magician

WhiskeyJar

When Dirk came I remember martin jol saying he was a 20/20 player and that he would get 20 goals and 20 assists a season.De boer said a similar thing about suarez when we signed him but seeing what kuyt did after coming from the same league I wasnt expecting luis to be able to match his numbers in the prem, happy he has proved me wrong.

I've never understood why the player who wins a penalty isn't credited with an assist.  Sure, some of them are given away by a ridiculous handball or whatever but by the same token sometimes assists are given to the player who played a simple square ball before the goalscorer dribbled past 2 players and then slotted the ball in the corner.

More to the topic at hand, I'm actually quite worried about the building rumours of a Real bid.  The good thing is that we will be in an excellent position with his new contract and with us in the CL, but still, Spurs have shown what can happen if the big windfall isn't well-spent.  We would probably demand 100 million or near enough that, but I can see Real somehow (read: a windfall from the Spanish government cleverly disguised as a "property swap" or some such) coming up with that kind of bid.

I don't think Suarez would even consider moving anywhere except Real or Barca, but if one of those two came in for him and were willing to make a ridiculous offer ... well, let's just say I could see another repeat of last summer's awful round of "give-a-quote Luis."

I don't think Suarez would even consider moving anywhere except Real or Barca, but if one of those two came in for him and were willing to make a ridiculous offer ... well, let's just say I could see another repeat of last summer's awful round of "give-a-quote Luis."

To be fair though, I'm not sure the club (and more specifically Suarez) could be in a much more different situation than 12 months ago. And everything now is for the better for both player and club. Even the idea of a CL playoff which could cause some anxiety regarding potential signings, is now out of the picture.

Happy days. And hopefully even happier in about 3 weeks time!

Luis Suarez pinpoints the game he started believing Liverpool could win the title

4374715.jpg

Liverpool’s Luis Suarez has revealed the game that he started believing that Liverpool could win the title, pinpointing a February win over Fulham at Craven Cottage as the day he started believing, telling reporters that prior to that game “we never had aspirations to be champions.”

“I think that as we were playing, we were starting to realise that we could be at the top [of the table],” he said of the win over Fulham, secured by a late Steven Gerrard penalty.

“We never had aspirations to be champions, but I think the game against Fulham, that we won in injury time with a penalty by Stevie was a reflection that we can be on top and that with character we can bring up results.”

Suarez, who has scored 30 goals for Liverpool this season, admitted that winning the title would be unbelievable, citing the thin squad as a reason for surprise over their current position.

“It (winning the title) would be something that no one would believe,” he continued.

“Because we have good players but if you look at the complete roster, we don’t have (players) to be up there.

“The truth is that we are surprised ourselves at how well we’re playing.

“We have good players who are demonstrating why they are in Liverpool and it would be something amazing even to England because of the investment made by Chelsea, (Manchester) City and Arsenal.

“Even Tottenham have spent over £100million and we, with so little investment, are in that position. It would be incredible.”

The most important thing is we keep strutting. Watch us walk none of this Richard Ashcroft shit barging into grannies wearing a leather 5 times to big, our shits tight this season john travolta is asking for tips. Were giving the bee gees the heebeegeebees. Fuck Chelsea. I'm sure I've got a gas leak.

Most of the morning papers saying Madrid to activate his buy out clause this summer and we are lining up Tevez as a replacement.

Probably just the dirty tricks dept in full swing before a big match.

Its something we are going to have to expect these rumours true or not, there will be teams interested in the summer.

Hopefully he's happy and his family are fully settled here and buyout or no buyout we will be okay.