You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez: The little magician

WhiskeyJar

Fifa apparently extended the balon'dor voting this year by an extra week and also gave people who already voted the chance to change they're votes (first time they've ever done that)

Anybody think our crazy fucker has a chance? Top 3 maybe?

Guy is a fucking genius. I've watched messi for years now and although i do think he is the best ever he is surrounded by great players who at times make easy chances for him. He also takes the pens which bump up scoring stats.

Ronaldo is a machine but again has been surrounded by good players (at united and madrid) and we all know the quality of Alonso's passing, sometimes he gets easy chances because of this. Plus he takes all the free kicks and pens.

Suarez is just different, he works harder than Messi and Ronaldo. He scores goals of absolute pure genius, he is instinctive and plays off the cuff. Much more of a fighter than the other two. Ronaldo just wants to score score score, Suarez just wants to win win win,  big difference between the two for me. He doesnt get chances on a plate and he isnt the penalty taker either.

If Ronaldo scored twice but Madrid lost he would still go home happy, if that happened to Suarez he would punch a hole in the dressing room door, refuse to take a shower and demand another training session.

They say every genius has a flaw and i think we know what Suarez's are. Take away his mental side and he wouldn't be the same player. The guy is an insane footballer.

• Upvote 3

To score 4 goals in one match is a hell of an achievement.

To score 4 goals, when 3 of them are worldies is just unreal.

People will say it's only Norwich, but he could've played against anyone and those 3 goals were unstoppable.

He's just got it all. Skill, team play, finishing, long range shooting, a winning mentality and work rate.

But, what I liked last night, was the fact that he was enjoying playing for us. He had a huge smile on his face at times. That may have been the four goals, but compare it to the petulant, miserable Suarez in pre-season who didn't want to be here and it's a marked improvement.

He may want to leave again soon. You never know with such an unpredictable character. But, personally, I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts. Pure ability wise, one of the best forwards we've had.

And, I also proper coined it in on Betfred's double delight/hattrick heaven by doing him for first goal and 2 or more goals! Nice!

Well i can spot an ego from a mile off and i would say your talking bollocks now

"me me me" and then points to his own chest after he scores. Does that ALOT.

2 weeks ago he has already scored a hatrick in a game, benzema has 2 and Bale has 2. Madrid win a free kick in the last minute of the game, right hand edge of the box, perfect for a left footer. Bale can score his first ever hatrick....who takes the free kick?

Ronaldo.

Rewind back to when him and Alonso went to Madrid. Alonso was looking for his first goal and Madrid were smashing a team like 5-0 already. They win a pen, Alonso wants to take it so he can get his first goal......Ronaldo throws a complete hissy fit, stands sulking on the edge of the area and doesnt even celebrate when Alonso scores.

Like fuck is he a team player, he cares about himself and his stats, that is all.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

His performance last night even if you discount the goals was world class. First touch, control and movement to take him away from defenders, non stop work rate, selfless attitude, intelligent movement off the ball and finding space, weight of pass Take a bow because that was something special.

Well i can spot an ego from a mile off and i would say your talking bollocks now

"me me me" and then points to his own chest after he scores. Does that ALOT.

2 weeks ago he has already scored a hatrick in a game, benzema has 2 and Bale has 2. Madrid win a free kick in the last minute of the game, right hand edge of the box, perfect for a left footer. Bale can score his first ever hatrick....who takes the free kick?

Ronaldo.

Rewind back to when him and Alonso went to Madrid. Alonso was looking for his first goal and Madrid were smashing a team like 5-0 already. They win a pen, Alonso wants to take it so he can get his first goal......Ronaldo throws a complete hissy fit, stands sulking on the edge of the area and doesnt even celebrate when Alonso scores.

Like fuck is he a team player, he cares about himself and his stats, that is all.

Is right, though you'd get a better debate going with this tuna sarnie I'm having for lunch that Tony Spazzero.

Oh, and "their" is the word you were looking for in your op.

• Upvote 1

If he keeps this level up, he's a stone wall for Player of the Season.  Nobody else does it with his consistency.  And I'd love to be there when the stuffed shirts have to see him presented with it.  That is if he manages to finish the season, and doesn't have any "mishaps" on the way.

and it seems everyone might have missed it (probably due to the only report I've seen on it coming through a shite site but still....

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/12/05/4455997/suarez-im-staying-at-liverpool?ICID=CP_98

The Uruguayan says he is happier now, and following a four-goal display against Norwich on Wednesday, claims he will stay at Anfield until the end of the season

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has claimed he will stay at the club until the end of the season, quashing speculation of a move to Arsenal in January.

The Uruguayan forward scored four times against Norwich on Wednesday night, taking his tally to 13 goals in nine games since returning to the Reds first team following his ban for biting Branislav Ivanovic last term.

And despite reports heavily linking Suarez with a move away from Anfield this January, the 26-year-old has promised to see out the campaign with Liverpool.

He told Marca: "When I'm happy away from the pitch, I am happy on it. I'm happy to be in the Premier League as it's the best competition in the world. I'm happy here and I will stay.

"Luckily I'm scoring to make up for the games I missed, so I have my confidence back and so I can help the team.

"Winning the Ballon d'Or is impossible for me bearing in mind the current stars. They are at another level. Anyway... I consider it a far away dream."

A fine start from Brendan Rodgers' side has Liverpool in fourth place in the Premier League table, and Suarez also targeted a top-four finish this season.

He added: "It's the main aim for Liverpool to qualify for the  Champions League as we haven’t been in it for a while. I'm going to help the team to reach their goal."

And despite some gobshite of a shitty journo trying to make out he is saying he'll stay til the end of the season he actually mentions no timescales whatsoever so I'm going to assume he is staying forever

Whilst he's scoring as he is, he's only going to attract even more attention from other teams looking for a Grade A frontman.

However...

To my mind, a player scoring prolifically is a happy player. That can only help Liverpool. That's not to say he can't have his head turned, but he's going to be a lot more content with life and enjoying his football. The league position suggest a true chance of getting back in CL, and quite possibly an outside shot at the title. What's not to like about being at Liverpool at the moment?

I think he's slowly winning over those who really dislike him, and just affirming the views of those who think he's excellent.

I'm tempted to say that Liverpool might rely on him too much, but Napoli rely on Maradona? do Real rely on Ronaldo? do Barca rely on Messi? The fact is, a great player will always stand out, and teams will always look to use such a player to the maximum effect. That's every bit as much 'sensible' as it is 'overly reliant'.

Much like Aguero at City he was bought in the knowledge of having ability, but a question mark over his ability to do it in the PL. Beyond any shadow of doubt, he's proven he's got the ability.

A joy to watch. And that can only be good for the game.