You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christmas Decorations

Liverpool lad

But do you have kids?

No.

Doesn't seem to prevent some people from still decking their house, both inside and out, with all sorts of shite.

One woman who lives quite close to me has the full works outside her house -

Christmas-Decorations-For-Your-Windows-A

She's got the cheek to have a collection box there. No mention of charity. Its to fund her insanity.

You're missing the point; these adults are free to choose...we have to withstand severe pester power to maintain our decoration-free zone

And for what they do with that choice, they probably shouldn't be.

No.

Doesn't seem to prevent some people from still decking their house, both inside and out, with all sorts of shite.

One woman who lives quite close to me has the full works outside her house -

Christmas-Decorations-For-Your-Windows-A

She's got the cheek to have a collection box there. No mention of charity. Its to fund her insanity.

You know when the Bee Gees sang "And the lights all went out in Massachusetts"? Its taken years, but we've finally found out fucking why. Barry will be round to see you shortly, dear.

Came home from the pub after playing a certain sporting event yesterday morning to find the wife and kids putting ours up. Apparently because her Grandparents are over from Spain this weekend coming and having a christmas gathering with them on Friday, its acceptable.

I turned and walked back down the pub to watch a certain sporting event.

Its sickening. And bollocks if I'm paying the leccy bill for them lights

Around the 16th it's going up, the wife does all that sort of thing.  My only participation is getting it out of the loft and then criticising her efforts while I get plastered watching Scrooged.  It comes down around the 2nd/3rd and I put it back in the loft.

• Upvote 1

I usually think they must of been abused as children and Christmas consisted of being beat with a tangerine in a sock.

Tangerine? We dreamed of being beaten with a tangerine in a sock. Our father used to beat us with a lump of broken concrete inside a coal sack. Then he'd murder us in cold blood and dance on our graves singing hallelujah. Kids these days, don't know how lucky they are.

• 5 years later...

I’ve come into work tonight and our business support has ‘kindly’ Christmassed us up. Our area is now festooned with all manner of festive tat.

I absolutely hate this kind of stuff at work.

No one of us would have put any of it up but just because she loves Christmas and we’re all too nice we all have to suffer it. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Christmas decorations are boss. Well, decent ones are.

Best things about Christmas - good company, boss food, real Christmas trees, Salvation Army bands, carol services.

In the right place

I love Christmas songs, just not weeks and weeks before Christmas. Online shopping means I can listen to them when I choose. 

Last Christmas - Wham, I Believe in Father Christmas - Greg Lake, Wonderful Christmas Time - McCartney, The Little Drummer Boy - Bowie and Crosby, Blue Christmas - Elvis, Happy Xmas (War is Over) - Lennon, White Christmas - Crosby, Silent Night - Nicks, Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade, A Spaceman Came Travelling - De Burgh, Lonely this Christmas - Mud, Ringing the Bells for Jim - Cash.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1