You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Did Dalglish fuck Torres off?

Bjornebye

Just been pissing about on you tube and came across Torres first interview as a Chelsea player. It made me think when a reporter asked , "what did Dalglish say to you?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gz2cIHB7K4

I reckon Torres was pissed off with the Hodgson shite, made it clear he wanted to leave and Kenny came in and said fine. fuck off. No-one is bigger than Liverpool. 

Maybe there has been a thread about this before but i'm just having a you-tube night.....

I hope it was the case though. Kenny..... thanks for Suarez, I loved Torres but Suarez is that bit better. 

I hope it was the case though. Kenny..... thanks for Suarez, I loved Torres but Suarez is that bit better. 

A bit?  Suarez is ten times the Torres who left Anfield.  Which one is better when Torres was at his peak would be more debatable but those days were gone.  £50m was excellent money for a broken former world class striker.

I hope Dalglish gave he some harsh words and if Torres didn't agree at the time, I bet he does now.

The grass isn't always greener and always listen to a legend like Dalglish!

I believe Kenny tore into Torres at a perceived lack of effort, am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I seem to remember someone wrote at the time that when Kenny left Melwood after having chat with Torres his face looked like thunder, so I won't be at all surprised if he told him to fuck right off, the has-been wanker. Good man is Kenny!

Kenny did liverpool a great service getting 50mil for torres.

Carra has come out and said torres heart wasn't in it. He lost a yard of pace after injury, kenny knew that.

The stoke city goalie has scored more prem league goals than the chelsea record money buy striker this season

All I remember is that Suarez said in an interview he had thought he would be partnering Torres and was surprised by his departure.

Shame about the choice of replacement. I think that and Downing were the reason for Kenny's departure, despite Henry's talk about Carrol's fee always being something Chelski had to cover plus £15mill, which he claimed was why the total happened to reach £50 mill, not some release clause.

While its always nice to rewrite history, wasnt the Suarez deal to happen even if Torres stayed? So it wasnt a 'Thanks Kenny for swapping Torres for the better Suarez'. 

As Phoenix says above, a half interested Torres playing alongside Suarez would have been something to behold.

• Upvote 1

If I had been Torres and my employer club had (a) sacked the manager who bought me in after his first bad season (b) replaced him with someone who had never won anything © sacked him after 6 months and (d) brought in a pundit ex-player as a caretaker manager I might have wondered what was going on.

As far as his attitude is concerned he scored in a defeat at Blackpool then scored twice away at Wolves in what was - hideously - a must-win game. Did what he was paid to do. 

• Downvote 4

If I had been Torres and my employer club had (a) sacked the manager who bought me in after his first bad season ( B) replaced him with someone who had never won anything © sacked him after 6 months and (d) brought in a pundit ex-player as a caretaker manager I might have wondered what was going on.

As far as his attitude is concerned he scored in a defeat at Blackpool then scored twice away at Wolves in what was - hideously - a must-win game. Did what he was paid to do. 

A pundit ex player, well that's one way to describe the last man to bring the title home.

Guest San Don

Just been pissing about on you tube and came across Torres first interview as a Chelsea player. It made me think when a reporter asked , "what did Dalglish say to you?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gz2cIHB7K4

I reckon Torres was pissed off with the Hodgson shite, made it clear he wanted to leave and Kenny came in and said fine. fuck off. No-one is bigger than Liverpool. 

Maybe there has been a thread about this before but i'm just having a you-tube night.....

Nah. Not in my opinion. The King stayed up late in the night. I dont think he want el sulk to leave and knew the impact it would have on the club and team.

Torres was an utter cunt towards the end of his time with us. I can't forgive a Liverpool player who is getting paid £100k+ a week and doesn't put in the effort while on the pitch. Suarez maybe a disloyal toerag for wanting out the way he did but his determination and effort while on the pitch is second to none.

• Upvote 1

Upheaval in the coaching set-up would have been nothing new for Torres. After all, he was at Atletico Madrid where the president was a mentalist. He moved because he wanted to, although as with many at the club around that time, the thought processes involved in decision-making were ill-considered to say the least.