You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

International friendlies and qualifiers

smilezzz

I don't doubt it. It's a big town with a lot of different accents and languages these days - I don't normally watch them in town over recent years but I do think there is still overall less affiliation on Merseyside than elsewhere. Doesn't mean to say everyone is the same.

Pleased for Gerrard though. He's never gven less than his all for club or country.

With regard to affiliation. Maybe, maybe not. There are of course parts of the country where football just isn't very popular, so I'd assume there to be less affiliation than there is on Merseyside.

Whilst I know numerous Scousers who couldn't care less about England, I know plenty who are enthusias tic and knowledgeable about the national team. Certainly more so than a lot of the people who I encounter in the place in which I now live, a town in Greater London.

Agger plays Pedersen onside as he equalizes for Norway against Denmark.

It's Agger, he can make as many mistakes as he likes our fans don't care because he's great on the ball.

He's just not pretty enough for you, is he?

I can just admit when he makes mistakes and he has made too many since Rodgers has arrived at the club.

He can be boss, but too much for my liking he costs us goals.

That's got nothing to do with him making too many mistakes now.

Actually you're right, it shows fans like you don't care about mistakes he does - as I say he can do nothing wrong in many peoples eyes.

The manager of Barcelona and Man city must be fans like me because apparently they both interested in buying him.

He's boss, deal with it.

He is in the sense he loves the club and has been a very good defender for us over the years,

But he is not the complete centre back, who can do no wrong that our fans make out.  He can struggle against physical strikers, he struggles at marking at set plays and he has made too many mistakes since Rodgers has been here.  I wouldn't have him marking Lukaku put it that way!

The manager of Barcelona and Man city must be fans like me because apparently they both interested in buying him.

They can have him if they make a big enough bid.