You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bob Paisley

Stickman

On 18/02/2020 at 09:11, johnsusername said:

The advert is an abomination. Who signed it off? Didn't anyone put their hand up to say 'err hang on, this is a terrible idea'?

Very disappointed in the club. Disappointed in Rushie as well, which is a shame. 

It's not quite pissing on his grave but it's not far off. 

I've seen Derek Acorah's name on this thread and given his past antics I wouldn't be that surprised if he was involved. 

• 2 months later...
On 30/01/2020 at 14:38, Stickman said:

New statue of Bob (and Emlyn I guess) unveiled at Anfield today....Have to say think it looks pretty boss

EPiLoUbX0AEjDRC.jpg

EPiNKwkXUAE7e-q.jpg

EPiUKZ1UUAA_2yW.jpg

Went for a walk today and got my first proper look at this.

The detail is excellent.  A proper, fitting tribute. 

20200503_150835.jpg

6 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Looks great, the likeness is spot on. 

And the more I think about it, the more I think the choice of image is spot on.  The plinth is engraved with a quote from Bob about how, if Liverpool Football Club asked him to sweep the streets for them, he'd be proud to do it.  The pose is reminiscent of a statue to war heroes, which Bob was, of course.

The details of the faces, hands, hair - even the Gola badge - are really impressive.  The only thing they've skimped on is the gore on Emlyn's leg, but I'll let them have that - got to make it family-friendly!

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

And the more I think about it, the more I think the choice of image is spot on.  The plinth is engraved with a quote from Bob about how, if Liverpool Football Club asked him to sweep the streets for them, he'd be proud to do it.  The details of the faces, hands, hair - even the Gola badge - are really impressive.  The only thing they've skimped on is the gore on Emlyn's leg, but I'll let them have that - got to make it family-friendly!

Nice one, I'll deffo have to go and see it next time I'm up, as soon as this shit is over. Yeah I agree it doesn't really matter about the gore, the image says it all, what a great club we are to commemorate such a moment of two great servants which others might find insignificant. 

• 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, Stickman said:

The greatest manager in British football charge of his first game today in 1974 a 2-1 away win at Luton Town

GuardianMatchReport-1974-08-17-lutontown.jpg

The rest as they say is history and what a history

100 years after his birth, Bob Paisley's players will line up at Anfield to  salute his legacy | Daily Mail Online

And all achieved without an ounce of snide. A wonderful manager and servant to the club, who gave us so much.

God bless you Bob.

• Upvote 4