You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Netflix

VladimirIlyich

What is the quantity of stuff on Netflix? 

The missus has asked about getting it and I'd agree if it has a large Library of stuff available on it. 

As well as the Films and Top Telly stuff it needs to have loads of shite that the missus watches but I dont see a large Library when I try to research it,can anybody tell me if it has loads of stuff or just a small select library on it?

As Walk On said really. Brilliant for box-sets, OK for films.

They seem to show one 'big' recent film a month and pad this out with film doccoes, cult classics and loads of family stuff. Netflix 'learns' your taste  and suggests films similar to what you've been watching.

Anyone know how to get the US version on your PS3 if you've already signed up for a UK account. I've got the US version on my laptop thanks to Hola, but don't like to watch films on such a small screen, I only really use it for watching a daft episode of something when I'm eating. 

I signed up a few months ago and so far I've only really used it for Breaking Bad. That's not to say there isn't other stuff I plan on watching, my 'To Watch' list on the UK version alone has 60+ shows and films, but the US version seems a lot better. I'll pay in a year what I probably would have for Breaking Bad season 1-5 on DVD so it's working out a worthy purchase already. 

Yeah, I watch the UK Netflix on Firefox and open Chrome with the Hola add on enabled, sign in with your UK account and you've got the US Netflix. Try it, it takes about 1 minute to set up. Just google Hola unblocker for Chrome.

Sorted it mate thanks

Bloody hell that makes some difference on what you can watch

• Upvote 1

It's well better isn't it mate, and so easy to do. There is so much more stuff on there, first two series of Sherlock are on there, Hell on Wheels first three series, Continuum first two series, all five seasons of Friday Night Lights, Parks and Recreation, The Walking Dead, nearly every episode of Star Trek ever made,Twin Peaks... all of which is unavailable on the UK one. As well as additional seasons of SOA and Fringe. And tons more films.

I can stream pretty much anything on XBMC anyway, but Netflix is a lot easier to use and you never have any buffering issues.

I had the US version of Netflix about a year ago by changing the DNS but that only lasted so long without paying an extra £5 a month.

Is there ANY way at all of getting the US version of on the likes of PS3 or Ipad using a similar method to what SugarApe is doing? my PC is blow so i cant watch it on that.

I don't think you can mate. Hola and Media Hint- which is another extension for Chrome that does the same thing - won't work on a iPad and the codes don't seem to work on the PS3 since the last update.

The only way would be to pay for a VPN monthly for the iPad that I know of.