You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andre Wisdom abandons £100k Porsche in muddy woods after getting lost on way to OWN stadium

WhiskeyJar

To be fair you can't really slag the lad off because he earns more than Socrates, it's 'market rates' isn't it? One of the bad things about these lads earning that kind of money is it builds resentment from fans, we've already seen that with Sterling. I don't like it myself, footy bores the tits off me mostly now, but it's not their fault - it's football's fault, money mad and corrupt to its core. Interestingly though, a lot on here are often moaning about FSG not spending big money and presumably wanting some kind of arab-style investment, yet bemoan this shit.

• Upvote 6

Very depressing when you think real legends such as Tommy Smith have been forced to sell their medals to make sure their families will be OK.

Although I'm convinced we'll be seeing a lot more "stars" going bankrupt once their playing days are over.

Watch the ESPN documentary Broke.

It covers US stars that earned huge amount, far more than most over hete but within 10 years of retirement most are bankrupt.

Like many teenage lads he has gone out and blown a big chunk his wages on the best possible car he can afford.I know lads that have spent a years salary on a 'flash' brand new car.

The problem is you either pay young players with potential a decent wage, or they go else where,see Paul Pogba at United.

It really is a lose lose situation for the club, either make a kid far too rich too quickly or let him go and possibly become a star at a rival.

Makes you think though how somebody his age never realised that something was wrong. How many people would have drove down a dirt track and woods looking for Derbys ground. The moment you realise your not on a road tells you the sat nav is taking the piss.

Exactly. That's the first thing I thought of. You'd instantly get the feeling something was up and head back.

Too pampered and immature these days. Only need to look at Ballotelli to see it in action.

• Upvote 1

I'm mates with Sanchez Payne (used to play for Leeds) and he's always knocking about with Wisdom, he told me he's on £10,000 a week.  10 weeks wages for a whip like that and he's only just turned 20.  Incredible.

Can't blame the kid, he's not exactly going to turn around to Liverpool and say "I'm too young and not nearly established enough for you to pay me that amount, i'll take a 1/4 of it please"

It does ruin them though, Sterling hasn't been the same player since he went from £1000 a week to £40,000 a week.

A source told the Mirror: "Andre is new to the area and doesn't know his way around. He is staying in a hotel while he finds somewhere to live.

"He left the hotel and on his way to the ground he popped into a shop to get a drink.

"Because Andre wasn't sure of the way to Pride Park from the shop, he entered the postcode in the Porsche's satnav and it took him all the way down a muddy track.

"The poor lad phoned the club to explain what had happened and managed to get himself to the ground in time to play.

"Andre cleaned himself up and I'm not sure if his team-mates know about this yet - he might have to prepare himself for a bit of mickey taking."

The_Wire_Templeton.jpg

• 6 years later...
36 minutes ago, Elite said:

All these stabbings are worrying, especially for someone on blood thinners. I'd be like Michael Ball at the end of his cameo on the Toast of London.

Only acid attacks are worse than knife crime.

Any and all "attacks" are horrible. Shit-hole of a society we live in and its only going to get worse. Its not far off lawlessness in some areas. People just don't give a fuck. That video of the kid booting the fella into the canal the other day in London. How old was he? Looked about 16.