You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

how much do you drink?

littletedwest

I know those feels. Supermarkets are the best places for spirits.  I get all my spirits from supermarkets because they are just so cheap.  I hit the tesco's in netherton because they have a boss single malt array.  I go there, buy my booze for the month, ardbeg, laphroaigh, lagavulin then when I get to the counter I get a fucking £9.51 print out thing for my next shop.  

Fucks sake Tescos you are telling me i could have got my shopping cheaper elsewhere but I can't get the discount off *this* shop.  You are gonna Jew me out of a tenner so I will spend it in your shop.

Kinell.

Pony Princess is Jeremy Corbyn!

• Upvote 1

Another day, another published study on the effects of drinking.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45283401

Personally, I think it's fine to drink in moderation, and it's much better if you have those drinks together with a meal rather than just going out to drink. This study doesn't specify HOW people consume alcohol. Still, it's ingrained in British culture especially amongst young people that it's not really a good night out unless you go drinking to excess. I hear about and read so many stories of people drinking 8/9/10 pints in one night (sometimes along with a few shots) and I find it hard to visualise anybody actually doing that. I have never done that and I have never actually seen anyone do that. 3 or 4 yes, but never as much as 10. I probably only have about 4 or 5 units a week on average.

You've never seen anyone drink 10 pints? I know lads who could that at 16. They're dead now like but even so.

• Upvote 1

Couple of beers on Thursday. Dinner, wine on Friday few beers. Bottle of Whisky on Saturday after a few beers. Few pints and whatever on Sunday. Do that for a while and then get told you have to stop and you quit completely soon makes you realise you were dependant.

Then you sneak it and start necking 1/2 bottles on the sly in one go.

39/40. I have cut back the last few weeks so answered it honest from where I was. I have a drink problem and have for a few years now. I know it but have only recently decided to do some big about it. I'm not strong enough to go completely dry but cutting right back. It's fucked my life up and if I'm to get back on track I need to really ditch the bevvy. It's not even like I go out I can count on 2 hands how any times I've been in a pub this year. Problem is just sitting at home and drinking cheap red wine. Then not knowing when to stop. Cunts posting smileys on the FF doesn't help.

• Upvote 4

Couple of beers on Thursday. Dinner, wine on Friday few beers. Bottle of Whisky on Saturday after a few beers. Few pints and whatever on Sunday. Do that for a while and then get told you have to stop and you quit completely soon makes you realise you were dependant.

Then you sneak it and start necking 1/2 bottles on the sly in one go.

I knew I had a serious problem when I would nip over the shop for some wine and started asking for a miniature whisky to neck before I got back in so no one saw. Fucking ridiculous once it takes hold. I have always been a weekend binger but rarely got drunk at home for nothing. Nowadays I dread an evening in without a drink. Went 4 days without a drink last week and the sweats in bed were horrible. Had to wash my sheets everyday. Spent a couple of days away hiking north Wales this weekend and it helped cleanse my mind a bit. I've started playing tennis a bit and trying to be more active. Wish I had FG'S willpower.

I knew I had a serious problem when I would nip over the shop for some wine and started asking for a miniature whisky to neck before I got back in so no one saw. Fucking ridiculous once it takes hold. I have always been a weekend binger but rarely got drunk at home for nothing. Nowadays I dread an evening in without a drink. Went 4 days without a drink last week and the sweats in bed were horrible. Had to wash my sheets everyday. Spent a couple of days away hiking north Wales this weekend and it helped cleanse my mind a bit. I've started playing tennis a bit and trying to be more active. Wish I had FG'S willpower.

You sound more routined than dependent. If I have beer in I'll drink it but if not I'm fine. I'm more of an impulsive drinker but that goes for everything really, if I have 12 cans of coke in the fridge they'll be gone in 2 days, whereas I can go for weeks without one.

Nothing to be ashamed of mate. More do it than you realise.

I used to neck a bottle of wine on my way to the bogs in a restaurant bought from the bar when out for dinner with the missus.

Even used to pick the place we went depending upon bar/restaurant siting. Stop it before it gets there,

Empty your inbox. I don’t do PMs bur tried to send one.

• Upvote 2

Nothing to be ashamed of mate. More do it than you realise.

I used to neck a bottle of wine on my way to the bogs in a restaurant bought from the bar when out for dinner with the missus.

Even used to pick the place we went depending upon bar/restaurant siting. Stop it before it gets there,

Empty your inbox. I don’t do PMs bur tried to send one.

I'll go through it tomorrow mate. I'm intrigued how you managed to pull the bottle of wine off.

I'll go through it tomorrow mate. I'm intrigued how you managed to pull the bottle of wine off.

I used to go to Tesco’s with the wife and she’d insist on looking at clothes. I’d say I’ll wait in the car.

Buy a bottle of vodka on my way out, neck it and bin it, then fain migraine so she would dive home.

It was that bad just from being one of the lads, it will only go one way. Never the same just worse.

• Upvote 1

A good mate of mine found himself spending 9 days in hospital recently after coming off the drink after a prolonged period of overdoing it, Took a seizure and could barely walk, even when he came out. 

12/40, I'm surprised that's considered "at risk" as I would probably say, if someone asked, that I don't really drink much. I hardly ever get hammered now and I don't really have much desire to. Have what I'd consider an average session every three weeks. The odd one or two in between occasionally. Last drink was two weeks ago. Would've been worse in the past. When I'm drinking with mates on an evening though, I don't hold back. Last time, I woke up on my way mate's floor at 5am having not remembered even being sleepy.