You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your first and last live gig

Lee909

new album on the way - i'm in on all that signed gubbins on their site

I'm going in London also, can't wait for that. Got Suede, Turin Brakes at the Union Chapel and Neil Young booked already for next year. Many more to come.

I also saw Shed Seven on Saturday with The Inspirals supporting. They play every December and they are getting better all the time. *gets coat*

First- RUN DMC/PUBLIC ENEMY - Leicester De Monfort Hall '88

Last- BLACK GRAPE - Leamington Assembly '15

next

MASSIVE ATTACK- Amsterdam next year - or THE CORAL same capital if I can't make that

Massive Attack have got Young Fathers supporting them apparently. Could be a great gig that one.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Went to the Lemonheads last night for a bit of 90s throwbacking.  It was in a pub with about 200 people.

Evan Dando has got a big grey beard and was drinking whiskey straight from the bottle.  But still sounded really rather good.  No chatting, just played lots of songs all in a row.

• Upvote 1

First was Pulp in the early to mid-nineties at the Bournemouth International Centre, which has all the acoustics, aesthetics and atmosphere one would imagine of such a venue.

Last was Gogol Bordello in Brixton, just before Christmas.

Going to see Lankum (again) in Salisbury and then Ray LaMontagne (again) in Dublin, both during May.

Tempted to get tickets to see The Waterboys soon-ish at the Bournemouth Pavillion, which is a lovely old venue.

<p>Went to the Lemonheads last night for a bit of 90s throwbacking.  It was in a pub with about 200 people.</p>

<p>Evan Dando has got a big grey beard and was drinking whiskey straight from the bottle.  But still sounded really rather good.  No chatting, just played lots of songs all in a row.</p>

Where was that ? I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve seen him, he’s always brilliant. I love it when he just break out the acoustic and sings song after song without stopping. As good as it gets.

Where was that ? I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve seen him, he’s always brilliant. I love it when he just break out the acoustic and sings song after song without stopping. As good as it gets.

It was at the Curtin pub in Carlton. On Lygon Street, just opposite Trades Hall.

That was pretty much it, full band, then just him on the acoustic then a bit of band again. Must have got through 30 songs in about 90 minutes, no stopping apart from the occasional “thank you”.

Support was from TV Haze, who obviously listened to a lot of Dinosaur Jr growing up, and Spike Fuck, who was a trans lady whose backing band consisted of a brunette lass called Betty who clicked a laptop then danced in the same very languorous, Lynch-ian fashion to every song.

It was at the Curtin pub in Carlton. On Lygon Street, just opposite Trades Hall.

That was pretty much it, full band, then just him on the acoustic then a bit of band again. Must have got through 30 songs in about 90 minutes, no stopping apart from the occasional “thank you”.

Support was from TV Haze, who obviously listened to a lot of Dinosaur Jr growing up, and Spike Fuck, who was a trans lady whose backing band consisted of a brunette lass called Betty who clicked a laptop then danced in the same very languorous, Lynch-ian fashion to every song.

Awesome, hopefully Tom Morgan made an appearance. Love their version of I Ain’t Missing you, he has a great knack of picking tunes to cover. You can find it on YouTube.

Seen Dinosaur many times to, J rocking the Gandalf look these days.

Just bought tickets to see Roger Waters in Amsterdam on my birthday.

Gonna twin it with a bit of Eurostarring round Holland and Belgium.

Saw him at Wembley a couple of years ago, fucking brilliant gig.  Saw Floyd in Rotterdam in the 90s and spent a couple of days in Amsterdam first, "stocking up" so to speak.  I envy you that one, haven't been to the 'dam in too long.....