You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your first and last live gig

Lee909

First proper one was the Farm at the Royal Court would've been 89 or 90. Last proper one was Roger Waters in Brisbane in 2012 (I think) unless I can count the Bunnymen at Sefton Park this summer. I never thought the Wall could be topped but being back home and watching the Bunnymen with about a dozen of my mates, then all heading off for a few drinks after was about as good as it gets.

My first one too.

Saw the Monday's on Thursday. Much better than expected.

Stranglers good then? Leiden is where I live but it was sold out by the time I saw it was on.

It was great mate, I like Leiden its a cool place I used to stay there when I was working in Alphen Aan Den Rijn. A great gig, did a few nice bars and had far too much to drink. And The Stranglers were brilliant, as they always are.

• Upvote 1

Just had to spend the better part of the day, for the second time this week, to getting stupid Adele tickets for my wife.

After us both trying on Tuesday, she decided the seats weren't good enough and wanted to go on another day so had to try again this morning.

So, 2 x 2.5 hours on Tuesday & 2 x 1.5 hours today, so 8 hours in total to get tickets for that beached whale.

Thankfully, I'm not going.

Anyway, I think my first gig would be Bon Jovi at Maine Road & my last was Metallica at the Leeds Festival - I've got tickets for Slipknot, Muse & Stone Roses next year.

My 1st gig was Gerry And The Pacemakers, somewheee in Liverpool. It was 1963. I was 5 yrs old - me Mam took me and me Bro, so it may not count.

If not, then it was as a 14 yr old. Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars. Manchester 1972.

During 'Rock N' Roll Suicide' with the late great Mick Ronson hammering away on his black Les Paul, Bowie sang to me and everyone else "gimme your hands - you're not alone!!!"

"gimme your hands!!!"

That was me then sold me soul to the devil down at the crossroads. Never been normal since.

My last gig was Bill Bailey. Michael Fowler Centre, Wellington NZ. August (from memory) 2014.

Hats off to the zebras !!

• Upvote 1

First - Rush, Birmingham NEC. Still remember the date - 23rd April 1988. I remember hearing us clinch the title over the radio on the coach as we pulled away from outside the Royal Court. They recorded that gig and released it as "A show of hands".

Last - Gabrielle, Hammersmith Odeon. Over ten years ago now.

Man, I feel old.

• Upvote 1