You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your first and last live gig

Lee909

I've not been to a big DnB night for quite a while. When I was 18/19/20 used to regularly go and see Micky Finn, Andy C, Roni Size, Hype, LTJ Bukem, etc. Haven't listened to any DnB for a long time, is it all dubstepafied? I fucking detest dubstep.

First DJ I saw live was Nicky Blackmarket. I was in awe of his skills. He praticly spent 20 minutes staring at the crowd and mixed his set with out even looking at his decks.

1st Prodigy at the Apollo in Manchester Music For The Gilted Generation tour 94-95

Last was Billy Talent at The Manchester Academy Novemeber last year.

Seen loads of local bands though in between last gig and present day.

Got Alice in Chains on Monday and QOTSA a week Wednesday, Academy and MEN respectively.

EDIT: Tell a lie, it was Band of Skulls at the Academy in Dec last year, which so shit I had forgotten about it.

Alice in Chains were fucking immense tonight. And Ghost B.C. are well worth a listen and watch too.

AIC played a vast amount of the back catalogue, Grind being a favourite of mine. Cantrell is a god.

Bruce forsyth at the allinsons in litherland , me mum worked behind the bar and dad on the door , either amy winehouse or the zutons a few years ago. First one on my own was probably gary glitter at the empire.

Was your username what Gary whispered in to your ear?

Allinsons, my Auntie who is in her late 60's used to go their. Me Mam and Dad met when it was called Whispers and I went a couple of times when it was secrets.

What was the ooccasion to watch Brucie?

• Upvote 1

I've not been to a big DnB night for quite a while. When I was 18/19/20 used to regularly go and see Micky Finn, Andy C, Roni Size, Hype, LTJ Bukem, etc. Haven't listened to any DnB for a long time, is it all dubstepafied? I fucking detest dubstep.

Loads of good stuff around. Bukem's starting to put loads of things out again on Good Looking.

First - think it was Blur back in 1990. They were shite and I preferred the support band who had an absolutely stunning girl as lead singer.

The last one was The Prodigy when they toured the 'Invaders'album. They were fucking awesome and I danced like an idiot for about two hours.

I really should go to more gigs...

The wife went to see Johnny Marr last month with one if her mates and is going to see The Pixies on Thursday in Manchester with the same girl.

Lucky cow.

First DJ I saw live was Nicky Blackmarket. I was in awe of his skills. He praticly spent 20 minutes staring at the crowd and mixed his set with out even looking at his decks.

Fuck me that is brilliant. That's like a guitarist playing and staring at the crowd without looking down at the frets.

• Upvote 2

Just got in from Beady Eye. paul Gallagher played  DJ set before it and walked right in-front of me, I said alright and he looked at me like I was a piece of shit the midget fat cunt. 

Liam was on top form and they played great. His big brother needs a slap thought the fat fucking scrounger. He was down as doing a dj set and all he did was stick songs on. and he had white jeans on. worse than cargo jeans in my book. fucking prick. 

Nobody knew about Glitter unless you were one of his victims so I will let you off.

Was Brucie ever funny? I hate him but that is due to hallucinating with a very high temperature as a child while the Royal Variety was on I was certain he was telling the crowd to come and kill me.

I would go and see Quo for nostalgic reasons. And to learn how utilise three chords and make a career out of it.

QOTSA at the MEN tonight for me.

• Upvote 1

No brucie was never funny neither were status quo but i was young and reckless and thought these gigs would put me in good stead in later years with the chicks etc . By the way you had more chance of being touched up by our games teacher who was a rugby fiend and liked the scrum for some reason.

• Upvote 1

Just got in from Beady Eye. paul Gallagher played  DJ set before it and walked right in-front of me, I said alright and he looked at me like I was a piece of shit the midget fat cunt. 

Liam was on top form and they played great. His big brother needs a slap thought the fat fucking scrounger. He was down as doing a dj set and all he did was stick songs on. and he had white jeans on. worse than cargo jeans in my book. fucking prick. 

Er....