You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

XBox One

Jennings

Anyone know where I can get one for release day. Preferably with Fifa 14. I don't mind buying it separate as long as I get it on release day.

I have tried Google - but it is not obvious in most places whether you'd get it on release day.

I don't think you'll find a release day console online, unfortunately.

I've checked the usual sites, Amazon, Game, Play & Zavvi, plus I've checked Very, Toys R Us, Gamestop, Simplygaming, Tesco, Asda, Shopto, Currys/PC World, Sainbury's, Argos, GameSeek & The Hut.

Almost every one of the above sites I've checked say that just before Christmas is the earliest they can guarantee delivery for. Very.co.uk have bundles that won't be delivered until February!

Argos seems to indicate that they may have the solus console available to buy in store on release day.

The Hut does not mention if they are out of stock or not. Might be worth checking out further.

I reckon that your best bet would be trawl around the high street on release day. You'll probably have more joy than trying to buy online.

• Upvote 1

I barely even play video games any more but I want a XBOXone for Dead Rising 3 but at the same time I don't like playing FIFA on an XBOX so if I was to buy any console it should probably be a PS4. What a pain in the bum. 

What's a decent price for the 360? My ten year old daughter wants one for Christmas. Would a 4gb be enough or is 250gb needed.....and should I get the kinect? Apologies for the million questions!

You can probably pick up a 4GB for about £120 brand new. 4GB should suffice if a) she's not much of a gamer and b) you yourself don't plan on using it.. Kinect is probably cool for the youths. I dunno how much longevity the Kinect games have but I'm sure it would appeal to a ten year old. 

There's probably someone with a more educated answer on matters though, I haven't really paid attention to the 360 for awhile. 

• 2 weeks later...

Why anyone would buy this, or the PS4, now is beyond me. Neither offer anything worth having at this moment in time. Next year, when developers start using the next gen as the lead development format, is when they'll be worth buying. £350 to £450 to play a slightly prettier version of Black Flag. No thanks.

• Upvote 1

All I'm seeing is problem after problem for both Sony & Microsoft.

Technology is advancing but developers still manage to have a glitchy system / game come launch day...

You can't produce that many machines (both have already cleared 1m in sales) and them all to work. It just isn't happening. There are going to be faults. After previous years (the 360 being the most famous example) this generation seems to have a way smaller failure rate than I can remember for a very long time.

Some PS4s in the USA had a dodgy HDMI port, XBox Ones have suffered from failed Blu Ray drives. You're going to read multiple reports of it because so many consoles have been shifted. Unfortunately, some will fail.

• 2 weeks later...

A young father who paid £450 for what he thought was an Xbox One on eBay was sent a photo of the new console instead.

Peter Clatworthy, 19, had saved up all year to buy the Microsoft console – which is now sold out – for his four-year-old son.

But days after paying for the Day One edition of the games system he received a grainy photo of one in the post, which, to add insult to injury, the seller had written ‘thank you for your purchase’ on the back of.

When he went back to the listing, Mr Clatworthy realised it had advertised ‘Xbox One Fifa Day One Edition, Photo Brand New UK 2013′, despite featuring an image of the console and being listed under the ‘video games and consoles category’.

The teenager, from Bilborough, Nottinghamshire, said he was ‘absolutely gutted’ despite being given a full refund from eBay, which said it would take action against the seller as misleading listings are not allowed.

‘I told my brother and he was crying with laughter, so were all of my mates, it is quite embarrassing,’ he said.

‘Even my mum said I was a bit stupid considering it said it was a photo on the listing.’

Mr Clatworthy added: ‘It has potentially ruined Christmas.’

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/05/teenager-paid-450-for-xbox-one-on-ebay-got-sent-photo-of-one-instead-4217752/