Quantcast
Arsenal vs Liverpool - what formation/squad to go with? - Page 5 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Gym Beglin

Arsenal vs Liverpool - what formation/squad to go with?

I can see that costing us badly today.

The thought of him trying to keep Ozil and Carzola from tearing him apart on the right is worrying to say the least

I'd sooner have had Sterling on the right. 

Attacking wise, definitely. Defensively, not so much. Is it Flanagan's first competitive game under Rodgers?

I can't wait for this one!

I'm a bit underwhelmed with three at the back IF the wing backs are not top quality. Flanagan, on what I've seen so far, is a decent young pro who is 50-50 on having a future at Liverpool, as I'm not sure he is top quality. See Spearing. You like him, but... 

When I've seen Flanagan his strength seems to be in the tackle. He does not look like a swashbuckling, bombing forward, type of right back. 

Cissokho has also yet to find his stride here. It's early days to form a solid view about him, but on early impressions he has not been as good going forward as I thought he would be. 

All this is to say that I now expect the attacking bias of 3-5-2 to become a defensive bias, more of a 5-3-2. If that happens it will be a real shame and will hand the impetus to Arsenal. I could be mistaken, but that's my pre-game opinion. Hopefully our wing backs have a good game and prove me wrong. 

The one saviour for us might me their Champions league game mid-week. They really can't afford to lose that game. Our three centre backs need to have massive games today. I've got a feeling they're going to be busy.

Cofused by the squad and crossing my fingers that  BR has a plan.  Perhaps Flanangan at RB means that he will stay back and  give license for kolo to go forward when the opportunity arises?

What ever happens, this will be a defining moment for Flanagan and his future with the Reds.

• Upvote 1

Cofused by the squad and crossing my fingers that  BR has a plan.  Perhaps Flanangan at RB means that he will stay back and  give license for kolo to go forward when the opportunity arises?

What ever happens, this will be a defining moment for Flanagan and his future with the Reds.

Why are you confused by the squad?

Flanagan is always a red card waiting to happen but I hope for our sakes he plays well today. Arsenal play narrow so he'll be having to make some of his tackles in the box and that worries me.

Alan smith talks like he's reading a children's book. " mr Jeffrey's went to the fishmongers, and looked at all the fish in the window"

Gets right on my tits does Alan "Second class return to Dottinhgham please" Smith.