You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

2 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

When your Mrs decides to have tidy up and cleaning spree and you can never find anything after. 

I ask where she's hidden something and she says she hasn't touched it.

Bollocks.

It took half an hour to find the batteries for my hearing aids.

She's done you a favour there,

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

When your Mrs decides to have tidy up and cleaning spree and you can never find anything after. 

I ask where she's hidden something and she says she hasn't touched it.

Bollocks.

It took half an hour to find the batteries for my hearing aids.

I swear this is like their cunts trick 101. Blatant glaslighting to make you question whether you did put your car keys in the cupboard with all the cleaning products. Logical place really. 

1 minute ago, Bot said:

I swear this is like their cunts trick 101. Blatant glaslighting to make you question whether you did put your car keys in the cupboard with all the cleaning products. Logical place really. 

And if you do manage to find what you're looking for you get the those that hide can find quote.

6 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Talk about adding insult to injury.

Can't this be done online?

Nah - it was all paper and ink, mate.

I just hope I get accepted on a 'speed awareness course". I'll be looking for guidance from you and the other good folk of the GF, on what questions I should raise.

22 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I just hope I get accepted on a 'speed awareness course". I'll be looking for guidance from you and the other good folk of the GF, on what questions I should raise.

My daughter did that a few years ago. I'll ask her next time I see her. I'm not sure, but I think it depends how far over the speed limit you were driving that decides whether the course is an option or not.

Under a tenth plus 2 rings a bell, I'm not certain though.

On 31/07/2022 at 02:44, Le Duan said:

Supermarket check out with Mrs Duan, items need to be sorted into groups and sub-groups before they go in the bag, despite the fact that they’re all going in the same fucking fridge or cupboard…the Mrs even takes stuff out that I’ve put in, and moves it to another bag.

I sort my shopping out into sub-groups when I take it out of the trolley to put on to the conveyor belt.  The household goods stuff first, then the heavy food, then the lighter food, finally the refrigerated stuff.  That way they all go easily into the correct bag at packing time. 

What can be a trifle annoying is when the checkout person does not process everything in a logical order - like they'll not take things off the front of the belt Generation Game style, but will instead occasionally reach down to the back for an item.  I'd already pre-sorted it into the correct sub-groups you idiot, respect my fucking system!!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jennings said:

I’ve done 2 now. Don’t be the smart arse who asks what they think are  difficult questions, the presenters have had years of experience of this so will make you look stupid in front of the class and it just adds to the length of the day so everyone else will hate you.  

12 hours ago, Jennings said:

I did one a few years back. Weirdly, the place the course was held at was about a mile from where I was clocked speeding- seems logical, however I was the only local person there- (it was in Bournemouth and the rest of "class" ranged from Nottingham to Brighton to London etc- some of which had actually booked to stay in Premier Inns as it was so far and it went on for so long)        

13 hours ago, Jennings said:

They're online now and can be done in about two hours, you just have to sit there for a couple of hours and nod at the right place and look remorseful apparently.

After years of never getting a speeding ticket I got two in a week, so the Mrs is taking one for me and i'll take the other, so it's a date at an online speed awareness course in October!

Who say's romance is dead?

• Upvote 1

Could be more for the World of a Woman thread, but the recent posts reminded me of the time I got a speeding fine through the post heading towards a spot where I often walk the dog. 

I remember cursing to the wife about the injustice of it all and how life is clearly out to get me. Unusually for her, she displayed a modicum of empathy as I vented against the Universe. This should have been a clue that something was amiss. 

Later, when I’d smashed a few things up, I went to pay the fucker. Checking the detail, I realised I hadn’t even been in the country at the time as I was away on a work trip. The wife had ‘borrowed’ my car and it was her that had been speeding. Something she was quite happy to keep hidden, until I rumbled the swine. 

• Upvote 2

The daughter's course was left for me to book, and the only available slot on any of them was on a Saturday afternoon.She went off her head and I was the worst dad who ever lived. Asked her how it went and her response was ' Full of old people like you, only one lad there my age '. 

She is marrying him next year, so be careful you guys, romance may strike.

• Upvote 1

On 21/07/2022 at 08:55, Bobby Hundreds said:

Just seen a news segment on Tamara Ecclestones house being burgled. A horrible thing for anybody and I do have huge sympathy for her. The house and what was in it was mind boggling excess, showing her racks and racks of diamond jewelery that's beside the point its a devastating thing to have somebody invade your home, your personal space and take your things. What I found odd was there was a huge investigation that led all the way to Italy where they captured a group of Italian men who were sentenced collectively to around 28 years. I know plenty of people who have been burgled and the response is usually contact your insurance not much we can do. A few years later you see a story of a man arrested for his 30th burglary. Burgle the super rich and christ you pay the price if caught. Rob 5 wealthy houses its an important criminal ring, Rob 100 council houses "shrugs shoulders". Is it entirely about the value of the things stolen.

Yes.

Or more accurately, the size of the insurance claim.

3 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Could be more for the World of a Woman thread, but the recent posts reminded me of the time I got a speeding fine through the post heading towards a spot where I often walk the dog. 

I remember cursing to the wife about the injustice of it all and how life is clearly out to get me. Unusually for her, she displayed a modicum of empathy as I vented against the Universe. This should have been a clue that something was amiss. 

Later, when I’d smashed a few things up, I went to pay the fucker. Checking the detail, I realised I hadn’t even been in the country at the time as I was away on a work trip. The wife had ‘borrowed’ my car and it was her that had been speeding. Something she was quite happy to keep hidden, until I rumbled the swine. 

I really wouldn’t admit to that in a public forum. In real life I’m fairly friendly with the ex politician Chris Huhne and he and his wife both went to prison for exactly the situation you describe. She told the press and it got picked up by his opponents.  The judiciary don’t like people who wrongly confess to crimes. Let her pay the fine, it’s not worth the risk and if you do pay it, don’t openly admit to it on the internet.  

2 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I really wouldn’t admit to that in a public forum. In real life I’m fairly friendly with the ex politician Chris Huhne and he and his wife both went to prison for exactly the situation you describe. She told the press and it got picked up by his opponents.  The judiciary don’t like people who wrongly confess to crimes. Let her pay the fine, it’s not worth the risk and if you do pay it, don’t openly admit to it on the internet.  

That’s the point. I rumbled her before I settled it. She paid for her dastardly crime. 

Although, now I know I could have got her sent to the pokey I’m regretting it. 

• Upvote 1