You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

28 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

It make me laugh as this guy has a similar role to me, been with the company about a year or two less than my but we are both over 10 years in and I think I'm on slightly more pay or if not we are on the same. 

I work my agreed hours unless something out of the ordinary pops up which I'm happy to do if it requires it, he's sending unimportant emails in early hours of the morning (copies in all and sundry as a 'look at me') and working weekends etc when it doesn't warrant it.

Even with all his 'effort' if senior members of the business have questions or require data or have an urgent project that needs looking at they usually come to me first.

Because everyone knows he's a prick except him 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bot said:

These fucking perspex cunt things that make it near impossible to get the chocolate out. 

Also "clubcard" price that's actually just the normal price elsewhere. Cunt behaviour from Tesco all around really. 

IMG_20220706_120038.jpg

No such perspex in these here parts- you must live in a town of miscreants

On 05/07/2022 at 23:57, MegadriveMan said:

Everywhere I look people are spelling mum the American way, mom.

No Idea why this has started and why it's annoying me but it's really annoying the shit out of me.

It’s always been mom to me. Used to piss me off that you could only buy cards with mum on them when I was a kid,

15 hours ago, Bot said:

These fucking perspex cunt things that make it near impossible to get the chocolate out. 

Also "clubcard" price that's actually just the normal price elsewhere. Cunt behaviour from Tesco all around really. 

IMG_20220706_120038.jpg

Nonce sense. Some of the Clubcard prices are absolute gold. 

18 hours ago, Dave D said:

No such perspex in these here parts- you must live in a town of miscreants

That's true. Chocolate is just for display purposes here in North Liverpool.

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Nonce sense. Some of the Clubcard prices are absolute gold. 

Wool behaviour. Bet you get Waitrose home deliveries too yer fucking ripe avocado.

1 hour ago, Bot said:

Wool behaviour. Bet you get Waitrose home deliveries too yer fucking ripe avocado.

Use the Clubcard and they send vouchers at Christmas usually worth about £100. Bam! There’s your turkey and Quality Street sorted. Wool behaviour pays off occasionally. 

I prefer the Asda but there simply isn’t one here for miles and miles around. 

Telegraph, Guardian and the BBC identifying her as “Carrie”.

Once she’s been probably introduced as the Prime Minister’s wife - in the opening paragraph - she should thereafter be referred to as Mrs. Johnson.

She’s not your fun, exciting mate; her standing in the country is based exclusively on her relationship with the Prime Minister, stop making her out to be what she is not.

• Upvote 2

Aircraft cancellations at air shows, in the week of the air show.

Granted operational circumstances are more important but the fact that they do it in the week of the air show is a bit of a bummer. For the last three to four weeks, they've been trumpeting the fact that there's a flypast by a B-52 bomber at RIAT. This week they've pulled out.

If the Austrian Typhoon display gets bin bagged, I'll be totally pissed off.

20 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Punctuality. Seems to be getting worse particularly amongst young people. As I get older I’m getting obsessed with punctuation and punctuality both of which are inexorably declining. It’s making my life hell. 

Avoid young people. Problem solved,and the end of that children's playground restraining order.

Fucking old girl having a go because the use by date on some meat slices she wanted me to get from Asda the other day is only 2 days ahead. 'Dont you look through the shelves and look for the later date or do you just grab the first packet you see?' she bawls!

Yes, I fucking did look through them all. I picked the ones up dated 16 July, the rest were the fucking 13th!

Food allergies getting more common. Now I know for some people these are terrible life affecting conditions but they definitely seem to be more common these days. We went out for a team lunch today and the poor waiter had to draw a diagram of the table as to who was gluten free, lactose intolerant, vegan, vegetarian but eats fish etc et. Then it was bottled versus sparkling versus tap water debates. In my day, the city was blue steak, chips and 3 bottles of claret. Not any more. 

18 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Other people on public transport get on my fuckin' wick, it's becoming a problem my zero intolerance. 

Especially tall or fat bastards or tall and fat bastards who fill more than a seat and squash you in. Fuck Off!!!