You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

People not using central filter lanes properly to make their right turn-veering across them rather than driving into them and thereby blocking traffic behind them while they wait for their gap...

As a self-recognised excellent driver I find this highly frustrating. Learn to drive or fuck off and die.

• Upvote 3

Smoke detectors. Or more specifically, when the batteries in them are dying. When this happens, they'll usually start to bleep intermittently. However, what's annoying is that they'll only do this in the middle of the night. You could be home all day in a quiet house and never hear any bleeps but at night...?

These bastards again. At 4:15 this morning it decides it'd rather me be awake than asleep. Not a peep between when I actually woke up and left the house and I'll bet that it's silent all day, only to start acting the cunt again in the early hours.

• Upvote 1

Them boring things on channel 4 before a programme starts. Its normally either some commercial docks with really deep depressing music or a taxi driving through New York. its been the same for years and it is shit and depressing.

Do the BBC still have them aquarobic hippo's and all? Twats.

• Upvote 1

Them boring things on channel 4 before a programme starts. Its normally either some commercial docks with really deep depressing music or a taxi driving through New York. its been the same for years and it is shit and depressing.

Do the BBC still have them aquarobic hippo's and all? Twats.

They're called idents and yes it seems the TV networks haven't updated them in years.

Had to have a Skype interview with a job agency for heavy duty job and gave the agency my new skype name which was the wrong name because I am a cunt. So then went to set up a new skype account in the name I had given them as I didn't want to look like the kind of twat who doesn't know his own skype name, but in the process ( what with having mammoth jobhunting session and it being about 2 in the morning ) managed to setup 3 similarly but again, all slightly differently named skype accounts to the one I had given her, and to make it worse, in a desperate attemtp to be liked by prospective employers I had uploaded a cheesey 'work smile' picture to all 3 wrongly name accounts, and somehow  (well, basically because I'm a huge douche and had created the accounts with a hotmail account as you must , but then changed it in the settings to be my gmail accounts  of which I had recently changed and subsequently forgottent the password)  and I  had no way of accessing them to get rid of the pics.

Complete and utter cuntery. Then the next day just as I'm having my big skype interview the girl from the agency says " oh is that your pic on those 3 other skype accounts ?". I could tell by her voice there was just no fucking way she was going to put me forward for the gig, in fact I could see by her horrible agency face she thought I was a just a total cunt who wouldn't even make it as her new skype and coffee gimp.

So don't worry Jose, you can just explain yours away as an attachment error.

• Upvote 5

Had to have a Skype interview with a job agency for heavy duty job and gave the agency my new skype name which was the wrong name because I am a cunt. So then went to set up a new skype account in the name I had given them as I didn't want to look like the kind of twat who doesn't know his own skype name, but in the process ( what with having mammoth jobhunting session and it being about 2 in the morning ) managed to setup 3 similarly but again, all slightly differently named skype accounts to the one I had given her, and to make it worse, in a desperate attemtp to be liked by prospective employers I had uploaded a cheesey 'work smile' picture to all 3 wrongly name accounts, and somehow (well, basically because I'm a huge douche and had created the accounts with a hotmail account as you must , but then changed it in the settings to be my gmail accounts of which I had recently changed and subsequently forgottent the password) and I had no way of accessing them to get rid of the pics.

Complete and utter cuntery. Then the next day just as I'm having my big skype interview the girl from the agency says " oh is that your pic on those 3 other skype accounts ?". I could tell by her voice there was just no fucking way she was going to put me forward for the gig, in fact I could see by her horrible agency face she thought I was a just a total cunt who wouldn't even make it as her new skype and coffee gimp.

So don't worry Jose, you can just explain yours away as an attachment error.

Oof. Yeah that does sound a bit worse.

Just sent an email application for a job.  Forgot to attach my CV.  What a fucking idiot.

I once sent my CV to the staff population of the building I was in at the time.  All 600 of them.  I'm not there anymore.  

The job I'm in now I sent the wrong CV (I needed to blag it up a bit) and I emailed them and asked them to disregard it.  Reapplied and got the  job.

• Upvote 1

On the subject of CV's, my cousins ex boyfriend was a proper mong and he once left his laptop at her house so I decided to make a few alterations to his CV. Instead of being able to refurb and repair white goods, he became a retard that repairs them. He also wanks well on his own or as part of a team. Asked him a while later if he'd had any joy finding a job. He said he'd applied for loads and strangely had no responses.

• Upvote 9