Jump to content
boots123

little things that annoy the shit out of you

Recommended Posts

On 21/04/2022 at 07:39, littletedwest said:

Chemists. Every chemist you walk into has about fifty people in the back, they know you're there but non even the courtesy to say "not be a minute".After about an hour someone comes out and quizzes you as if your trying to buy opium when all you want is some Co codamol.

We get a repeat prescription for my daughter, yet every time we go to our chemist with it they've never got it in stock, look at me surprised and say they hardly have it in and have to order it to be delivered to them. The clue is in the word 'repeat'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Furmedge said:

PS I've still got a vacancy if anyone's interested? Your new boss is an absolute fucking walkover it seems.

 

Can I work from home up here so I don't have to move?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

 

Can I work from home up here so I don't have to move?

Yeah, no worries. Just log on when you can too, no pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Furmedge said:

Yeah, no worries. Just log on when you can too, no pressure.

I wasn't actually taking the piss there.

 

I'm currently still self employed and studying full time as well, but as long as I can do the work from home I'm actually looking to try and get a job as I'm changing how I do my self employed side of things which means that would require a lot less effort and free me up to do something else. Plus I need a bit of a cash injection, because as the government saw fit to provide zero support to a lot of smaller businesses/self employed my savings have dropped considerably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

I wasn't actually taking the piss there.

 

I'm currently still self employed and studying full time as well, but as long as I can do the work from home I'm actually looking to try and get a job as I'm changing how I do my self employed side of things which means that would require a lot less effort and free me up to do something else. Plus I need a bit of a cash injection, because as the government saw fit to provide zero support to a lot of smaller businesses/self employed my savings have dropped considerably. 

Ah, there is flexibility in working arrangements but you'd be expected to attend contract meetings on site a few days a week. I live around 15 minutes from the office so I stay home unless I'm needed, so a typical day would be logging on around 7am, heading into the office about 10am for one or two meetings, then shooting back home around 2pm to work until I finish. I may get to stay home all day maybe once a week, twice if I'm lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Furmedge said:

Ah, there is flexibility in working arrangements but you'd be expected to attend contract meetings on site a few days a week. I live around 15 minutes from the office so I stay home unless I'm needed, so a typical day would be logging on around 7am, heading into the office about 10am for one or two meetings, then shooting back home around 2pm to work until I finish. I may get to stay home all day maybe once a week, twice if I'm lucky.

 

That doesn't sound too bad, but I really want to avoid moving from up here.

 

With all of the storage I have for the car stuff it really stuffs me for moving. As soon as you factor in parking that lot up it means moving anywhere becomes very uncomical. 

 

Where I live isn't all that nice, but I am mortgage/debt free, so although my life is a bit shit financially overall right now I don't need all that much to keep myself afloat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sir roger said:

I know he's a 'character' but Mr Motivators outfits and forced cheerfulness gives me a migraine if I don't get the tv switched over within 3 seconds.

Yep, I'm very much in agreeance with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sir roger said:

I know he's a 'character' but Mr Motivators outfits and forced cheerfulness gives me a migraine if I don't get the tv switched over within 3 seconds.

I hated that cunt.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucking hell, woke up this morning feeling shit and Ive got the lurghy (no, not that one).

 

Dont know whether Ive caught it from my mate who'd given it to his wife and when she was talking to me before we went to L4 on Tuesday or, a bit of a chill after doing a near 25 mile bike ride on Wednesday. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking hell, woke up this morning feeling shit and Ive got the lurghy (no, not that one).

 

Dont know whether Ive caught it from my mate who'd given it to his wife and when she was talking to me before we went to L4 on Tuesday or, a bit of a chill after doing a near 25 mile bike ride on Wednesday. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.

giphy.gif

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Haha I can't see it in either of them? 

Tuchel does look more like an Aids victim than Hanks there to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking hell, woke up this morning feeling shit and Ive got the lurghy (no, not that one).

 

Dont know whether Ive caught it from my mate who'd given it to his wife and when she was talking to me before we went to L4 on Tuesday or, a bit of a chill after doing a near 25 mile bike ride on Wednesday. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.

You might of got it from the toilet seat, it could of jumped and grabbed your meat, nothing a Beechams Powder won't sort out. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morons at shopping tills that act all suprised when they have to get their wallet, card or phone to pay. 

 

Stop holding the fucking queue up,you've been to a shop a million times before. You know the drill, you pay for the stuff you buy. It's nothing knew, so at least be some what prepared ffs 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, easytoslip said:

You might of got it from the toilet seat, it could of jumped and grabbed your meat, nothing a Beechams Powder won't sort out. 

 

Not sure Beechams Powder will do much for the toilet seat. Flash or Domestos, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It doesn't annoy me but it's a thread isn't it, currently in Warrington lots of Subaru imprezas and fat willy surf shack t shirts.

Back to the Future was written after Robert Zemeckis visited Warrington. It’s 1999 there all the time. The only thing missing today is Mr Smiths. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It doesn't annoy me but it's a thread isn't it, currently in Warrington lots of Subaru imprezas and fat willy surf shack t shirts.

Guaranteed that the first crack of sunshine after January you'll see loads of Warrington lads walking around with no tops on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It doesn't annoy me but it's a thread isn't it, currently in Warrington lots of Subaru imprezas and fat willy surf shack t shirts.

Fuckin' Subaru bellends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was always full of top birds Warrington, no idea what the explanation was, maybe the American air force gene pool, but they were usually both sound and fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It was always full of top birds Warrington, no idea what the explanation was, maybe the American air force gene pool, but they were usually both sound and fit.

I agree with this. Mr Smiths back in the day was great for pulling locals, I've worked with a couple of girls from Warrington who were stunning and both had American grandparents in their lineage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep plenty of top totty in Warrington but fashion wise still in 99 like the rest. Stockton Heath on a Saturday evening is heaving with top shelf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×