You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

'Merry Christmas' should be on 25th December & 'Happy New Year' on 1st January only.

Anyone texting, e-mailing or saying these phrases outside of the allotted times should be taken to the Tower of London & shot up the arse.

Happy Easter 2015 mate. 

• Upvote 1

Yer miserable lot

Meanwhile, I have just seen my neighbour, who I havent seen since Christmas. She wished me a Happy New Year and I was more than happy to return. Like I said to someone before Christmas, I like the extra goodwill people show to one another around this time *smiles*

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Going for a shit in a cubicle at work and just as you sit down, someone enters the cubicle next door, loudly of course, invading my quiet shitting bubble.

On that, the amount of time it can take sometimes to wipe clean. I had to flush 3 times today to avoid clogging the bastard up.

Hooch, on 07 Jan 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

Going for a shit in a cubicle at work and just as you sit down, someone enters the cubicle next door, loudly of course, invading my quiet shitting bubble.

On that, the amount of time it can take sometimes to wipe clean. I had to flush 3 times today to avoid clogging the bastard up.

Or when you need to dip the paper into the bowl water so you can get a good clean on the hoop. No? Just me then is it. Ok.

Also, Senior Managers/ Directors in the workplace who are "no good with Excel" so delegate all work related to it, unquestioned.

Why? How?

Because fucktards like you will happily do it and only mon about it on an internet forum instead of having the brass balls to say no and shit in a drawer.

Or when you need to dip the paper into the bowl water so you can get a good clean on the hoop. No? Just me then is it. Ok.

not_sure_if_serious_8.jpg

Also, Senior Managers/ Directors in the workplace who are "no good with Excel" so delegate all work related to it, unquestioned.

Why? How?

I've done this loads of times in places I've worked. If they don't know how to use Excel they also don't know how long things take! This can prove very useful. 

On the first day I worked as an Engineer I was told "If it will take you 4 hours tell it will take 8, give them it in 6" I have applied this ever since. Everyone thinks you've pulled out all of the stops and done everything you can to do it quicker. In reality you've pissed about on here for a while, fucked around looking at stuff on the internet and generally not working as hard as people think you have. 

• Upvote 5

not_sure_if_serious_8.jpg

I've done this loads of times in places I've worked. If they don't know how to use Excel they also don't know how long things take! This can prove very useful. 

On the first day I worked as an Engineer I was told "If it will take you 4 hours tell it will take 8, give them it in 6" I have applied this ever since. Everyone thinks you've pulled out all of the stops and done everything you can to do it quicker. In reality you've pissed about on here for a while, fucked around looking at stuff on the internet and generally not working as hard as people think you have. 

No better advice was ever given

I have applied this philosophy my entire working life. I think they call it "under promise and over deliver". I call it "taking the piss".

• Upvote 1

I have applied this philosophy my entire working life. I think they call it "under promise and over deliver". I call it "taking the piss".

I was fortunate, I was taught very well by some of the old hands when I started out.

I'm with Stanhope on working hard. The key point he gives being "did nobody tell you, you die at the end"

• Upvote 2