You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

12 hours ago, George Costanza said:

Its 2022 why isn't every fucking tv channel broadcast in HD.

Then you've got fuckers actually having the bollocks to charge extra for it still.  Maybe 10 years ago it would be OK not fucking now.

BT Sport do this. HD on the mobile app, but through their own box on your telly it's standard def, with the option to pay more for HD. Cheeky bastards. 1080i should be the bare minimum now, given you can get 4k streamed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

BT Sport do this. HD on the mobile app, but through their own box on your telly it's standard def, with the option to pay more for HD. Cheeky bastards. 1080i should be the bare minimum now, given you can get 4k streamed.

Sky still charge extra for HD according to my bills and UHD.

People sharing pictures on social media (and even here) with the caption "Those who know, know."

Well, yes. Obviously. That caption adds absolutely nothing for those who do know; and in the time it took you to write it, you could have added an explanation for those who don't yet know.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

People sharing pictures on social media (and even here) with the caption "Those who know, know."

Well, yes. Obviously. That caption adds absolutely nothing for those who do know; and in the time it took you to write it, you could have added an explanation for those who don't yet know.

Angry knows.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

These. Low level letterboxes.  The bane of every leafletter’s life.(explanatory note as requested by @AngryOfTuebrook). 

FB9225D8-5D0E-4BE4-B4B9-7900194EA9AD.jpeg

Yes - these were the bane of my existence as a thirteen year old paperboy (along with failing on numerous occasions to get a hand under the bra).

My £4.50 per week salary wasn’t enough to have to bend down to use these fuckers. 

Still had to mostly bend down as a milk delivery boy but I got £13 per week for that and Sunday off. 

If you want me to bend down and stick something through an orifice then pay a fair price. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Easter eggs used to come with their extra sweets inside. Now, they're just in the box next to the egg.

Not exactly up there with poverty and racism in the gripes stakes, but it annoys me nonetheless.

Aye. Makes the egg concept rather void. Eggs are meant to contain things whether that be little duckling, a vibrating battery or a handful of smarties.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Yes - these were the bane of my existence as a thirteen year old paperboy (along with failing on numerous occasions to get a hand under the bra).

My £4.50 per week salary wasn’t enough to have to bend down to use these fuckers. 

Still had to mostly bend down as a milk delivery boy but I got £13 per week for that and Sunday off. 

If you want me to bend down and stick something through an orifice then pay a fair price. 

Or those stupid fucking bits of fl uff or whatever it was in the letterbox hich meant trying to force through a 89 page Sunday observer became an ordeal from hell.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

These. Low level letterboxes.  The bane of every leafletter’s life.(explanatory note as requested by @AngryOfTuebrook). 

FB9225D8-5D0E-4BE4-B4B9-7900194EA9AD.jpeg

I’d take 100 terraced low level letter boxes over a single street where every house has a 100 metre driveway that’s on a steep incline. Usually gravel as well, so it dirties your trabs. Bastards. 

32 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’d take 100 terraced low level letter boxes over a single street where every house has a 100 metre driveway that’s on a steep incline. Usually gravel as well, so it dirties your trabs. Bastards. 

Or houses with no letterboxes at all ! There’s a few of them around here. Don’t know how they get their post, maybe it goes to their office.