You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

On 14/03/2022 at 12:25, Bjornebye said:

Safer sticking your hand in The Wood Beast 

That reminds me, those new card things that four packs of lager come in with the hole in the middle for you to stick your finger into, but only if you want to remove all the skin on said finger down to the bone when you try and pull it out.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

That reminds me, those new card things that four packs of lager come in with the hole in the middle for you to stick your finger into, but only if you want to remove all the skin on said finger down to the bone when you try and pull it out.

A bit like this..

• Upvote 1

Bloke (Roy) who just bought my car over the phone for a knockdown price after bidding on e bay gave me a long spiel about how he was an enthusiast, wanted to restore it with his son then go on days out etc. Anyway the actual driver who came to collect it says it’s all bollocks and the blokes actually a car dealer based in Grimsby.

17 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Bloke (Roy) who just bought my car over the phone for a knockdown price after bidding on e bay gave me a long spiel about how he was an enthusiast, wanted to restore it with his son then go on days out etc. Anyway the actual driver who came to collect it says it’s all bollocks and the blokes actually a car dealer based in Grimsby.

Just so I’m clear. Is the little thing in this that annoys the shit out of you:

Roy?

Enthusiasts in general? (that would annoy me, not much worse than enthusiasm about stuff).

Days Out? (certainly possible).

Grimsby? (they do like to sing while they’re fishing which won’t be everyone’s cup of tea).

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

Roy?

Enthusiasts in general? (that would annoy me, not much worse than enthusiasm about stuff).

Grimsby? (they do like to sing while they’re fishing).

Roy's bollocks I suspect although Roy didn't just bullshit about his plans, he also blagged a lower price so Kurtz needs to get used to Roy's bollocks seeing as they're balanced smugly on his fucking chin. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Roy?

Grimsby? (they do like to sing while they’re fishing).

No it was that he lied to me. He isn’t called Roy, he’s not an enthusiast, he probably hasn’t got a son and he made all that up just to knock a few hundred of the price. Anyway the central locking computer control unit was fucked and the part alone is £1k even if you can find one anywhere for sale so he’s welcome to the car. I did mention this over the phone but maybe didn’t elaborate  how hard it is to find the parts for old cars. 

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

No it was that he lied to me. He isn’t called Roy, he’s not an enthusiast, he probably hasn’t got a son and he made all that up just to knock a few hundred of the price. Anyway the central locking computer control unit was fucked and the part alone is £1k even if you can find one anywhere for sale so he’s welcome to the car. I did mention this over the phone but maybe didn’t elaborate  how hard it is to find the parts for old cars. 

He’s probably on his forum for enthusiastic, car owners, with sons, based in Grimsby, slagging you off right now.

11 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

He’s probably on his forum for enthusiastic, car owners, with sons, based in Grimsby, slagging you off right now.

Once he realises the soft top has an annoying habit of unexpectedly going down in the middle of the night even with the car locked (and often in the rain) , he will  be spending the next few weeks on e bay trying to buy a replace ECU for the central locking. No trips out for little Roy for the foreseeable future. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Nasal hair. You young pups havent experienced anything yet, but you will!

As you get older, more of the fucking stuff grows out of your nose and pulling them out can make even a strong man cry.

Dont get me started on ear hair!

I noticed a long ‘un coming out of my nostril this morning and managed to pluck it out with my finger and thumb on the first attempt. Boom. 

On 17/03/2022 at 12:55, Mook said:

When you right click on an e-mail address to copy it & a new e-mail to that address opens up in Outlook.

Drives me fucking mental.

This.

My works laptop has that habit. The annoying thing when this happens is that it asks me to sign into outlook even though I am using outlook? I then have 2 Windows 2 close down before I can do anything else. If I wasn't working from home I would have launched it by now. 

MS Teams can fuck right off too.

• Upvote 1

On 17/03/2022 at 12:55, Mook said:

When you right click on an e-mail address to copy it & a new e-mail to that address opens up in Outlook.

Drives me fucking mental.

29 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

This.

My works laptop has that habit. The annoying thing when this happens is that it asks me to sign into outlook even though I am using outlook? I then have 2 Windows 2 close down before I can do anything else. If I wasn't working from home I would have launched it by now. 

MS Teams can fuck right off too.

Is anyone else wet? 

10 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I noticed a long ‘un coming out of my nostril this morning and managed to pluck it out with my finger and thumb on the first attempt. Boom. 

I get my nostris and ears waxed at the barbers, hardly feel a thing and you have nostrils and ear holes completely hair free for weeks.