You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

35 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Spent about 800 quid on a nectar mattress last year and it's the worst mattress I've ever had its definitely memory foam because it doesn't fucking forget where you've been lying so now it's permanently got dips in it. I'll never ever buy a memory foam mattress again.

We bought a sealy one 2 years ago. After 6 months it started to dip like fuck so we actually got another one on warranty, the second one is even worse. Total shite. The mattress cost 1500 alone, so hardly some mickey mouse change. When I change it, which won't be long, I'll be buying a respa or king coil. Irish brands which I've had before which where excellent 

As good my moan of the day, nothing new. People not turning lights off, or more specific, everyone in my house besides me not turning them off. 

The mother in law is up this weekend and staying with us, I was watching the boxing in the kitchen last night while they where watching some shite. I went in to get something and they had two lamps on, the main light and also two up lighters on the wall. So all in all, they had 5 different lights on in the one room. And the funny thing is, her mam used her bus pass to visit us instead of wasting petrol. Yeah, but no bother leaving every light in the fucking house on. Where do these dopes think energy comes from. 

And I've just had time edit this, she's just come down the stairs and announced there's a weird noise on the bathroom. I went up to check and she had left the shower on........

• Upvote 4

People who enjoy their own surprise party’s. I got dragged to the wife’s, nephew’s, wife’s fortieth last night.

I spend the whole afternoon telling the wife that surprise party’s are a terrible idea and the person being surprised always hates it, even though they pretend not to. I shared this with all the people waiting to surprise her as well.

She fucking loved it. I couldn’t detect even a trace of acting and I kept a close eye on her (yes I would) all night. 

I’m still annoyed now. 

56 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Spent about 800 quid on a nectar mattress last year and it's the worst mattress I've ever had its definitely memory foam because it doesn't fucking forget where you've been lying so now it's permanently got dips in it. I'll never ever buy a memory foam mattress again.

We've got a caspar mattress. Easily the best sleep I've had. About 2 years with it and no problems. Just need to turn it every month or so and it's still as good as new. 

22 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

We bought a sealy one 2 years ago. After 6 months it started to dip like fuck so we actually got another one on warranty, the second one is even worse. Total shite. The mattress cost 1500 alone, so hardly some mickey mouse change. When I change it, which won't be long, I'll be buying a respa or king coil. Irish brands which I've had before which where excellent 

As good my moan of the day, nothing new. People not turning lights off, or more specific, everyone in my house besides me not turning them off. 

The mother in law is up this weekend and staying with us, I was watching the boxing in the kitchen last night while they where watching some shite. I went in to get something and they had two lamps on, the main light and also two up lighters on the wall. So all in all, they had 5 different lights on in the one room. And the funny thing is, her mam used her bus pass to visit us instead of wasting petrol. Yeah, but no bother leaving every light in the fucking house on. Where do these dopes think energy comes from. 

And I've just had time edit this, she's just come down the stairs and announced there's a weird noise on the bathroom. I went up to check and she had left the shower on........

My house is rife for that. Upstairs lights constantly left on, lamps on in the middle of the day, bathroom light and extractor on after someone went for a piss 40 minutes ago etc

The heating is another one as well. It's on when we go to bed, why? We're under our warm duvets. It doesn't stop Mrs D needing a hot water bottle anyway and costing more money using the kettle. 

We paid for Hive to help us save money, but now she doesn't even have to walk to the kitchen to put the heating up I'm convinced it's doubled our usage. 

52 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

We've got a caspar mattress. Easily the best sleep I've had. About 2 years with it and no problems. Just need to turn it every month or so and it's still as good as new. 

My house is rife for that. Upstairs lights constantly left on, lamps on in the middle of the day, bathroom light and extractor on after someone went for a piss 40 minutes ago etc

The heating is another one as well. It's on when we go to bed, why? We're under our warm duvets. It doesn't stop Mrs D needing a hot water bottle anyway and costing more money using the kettle. 

We paid for Hive to help us save money, but now she doesn't even have to walk to the kitchen to put the heating up I'm convinced it's doubled our usage. 

I'll admit I'm turning into a grumpy middle aged fuck, but regardless of my grumpiness, why the fuck would you leave a light on in a room you're not in..... Even as a kid I wouldnt leave lights on. 

It's not rocket science, one walks into room, one turns light on. One then leaves room, one turns lights off. 

And I've had my missus being all smart this week. "oh, can you mooch some wood in work and we'll stock up on free wood over the summer", but yurt next minute she's racking up an energy bill aiken to new York City..... 

8 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Film lids on ready meals that don’t peel off at all or just disintegrate and take about 15 minutes to pick all the bits off. 
I can grudgingly understand it with a proper cheapy one but when I’m paying 4 quid for a ‘finest’ one, it’s beyond the pale.

There's some helpful advice on the packaging: "remove film lid". 

20 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

There's some helpful advice on the packaging: "remove film lid". 

That never occurred to me actually, I normally use a steak knife to saw through the bottom of the package but I’ll try the lid.

I’m meaning the film lid, you strapon - my gripe is with the quality of the film lids and how they don’t peel off cleanly. 

3 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

That never occurred to me actually, I normally use a steak knife to saw through the bottom of the package but I’ll try the lid.

I’m meaning the film lid, you strapon - my gripe is with the quality of the film lids and how they don’t peel off cleanly. 

Remove film lid. 

9 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

My mates got a Purple 4. You sleep as soon as you touch it. 

Why is the word 'yacht' spelt that way when it's pronounced yot!? Yacht doesnt even look like it would sound like 'yot' anyway. Fucking stupid grammar!

And while Im at it, Sky Planner. What the fuck's going on? Set it to record Illegal Alien at 9pm on Thursdays and the fucking thing is recording any episode at 2am, 7pm on other days as well as the time I want!

On 13/03/2022 at 11:04, Geoff Woade said:

Film lids on ready meals that don’t peel off at all or just disintegrate and take about 15 minutes to pick all the bits off. 
I can grudgingly understand it with a proper cheapy one but when I’m paying 4 quid for a ‘finest’ one, it’s beyond the pale.

Removing those bastards is like taking the cap off the Chernobyl reactor. Bubbling hot food and steam ready to remove the skin from your fingers, and you can't really wear gloves because it would make an awkward job even worse.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Removing those bastards is like taking the cap off the Chernobyl reactor. Bubbling hot food and steam ready to remove the skin from your fingers, and you can't really wear gloves because it would make an awkward job even worse.

It does say leave for one minute after cooking which might help but only serial killers wait. 

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Why is the word 'yacht' spelt that way when it's pronounced yot!? Yacht doesnt even look like it would sound like 'yot' anyway. Fucking stupid grammar!

And while Im at it, Sky Planner. What the fuck's going on? Set it to record Illegal Alien at 9pm on Thursdays and the fucking thing is recording any episode at 2am, 7pm on other days as well as the time I want!

Serves you right for recording Illegal Alien in the first place.

Just seen that telly advert where the family supposedly has air traffic control set up in their living room to land a jumbo jet.

"Hi, I'm Kevin Bacon..."

Fucking fuck the fucking fuck right off. Do I look like a cunt or what?

EE should have their licence taken off them and Kevin fucking Bacon should have his assets seized and his bollocks battered black and blue with a cricket bat.

• Upvote 3

Avatars on FaceAIDS and the stupid fucking picture tiles that people use when posting their mundane shite.

"Anyone know or recommend a good mechanic or someone with a tow truck? My car has broken down and I need to take my dying relative to hospital" *cartoon of said twat holding a birthday cake and balloons*

• Upvote 2