You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

On 18/12/2021 at 16:54, TheBitch said:

I’m getting seriously fucked off with my phone autocorrecting good to goof, when the fuck have I ever used the word goof, I’ve checked the autocorrect bollocks in settings and it’s all clear. 

I’m convinced the ghost of Steve Jobs is just fucking with me; I’m losing my mind with this now as the amount of times I’ve sent messages to people without checking my spelling and I’ve been made to look a fucking halfwit is ridiculous. 

My phone refuses to correct my most common typo, which is where my fat thumb enters “the” as “tye”.

I presume it’s because I’ve typed it wrong so many times it assumes it must be intentional, but it used to correct it and I never told it not to, because why would I? But now most of my texts or forum posts now have “tye” in them at least once.

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

Shared a house at University with a few lads I actually knew from home.

One of them was so clueless he asked me how to make a baked potato. I told him, but was in for a shock when he eventually put his perfectly cooked spud on his plate as it was caked in mud. 

His response when I politely called him a fucking idiot? He told me he hadn’t washed his potato because I didn’t tell him he needed to. He’d assumed the mud would dissolve in the oven. 

Nearly thirty years later, I still feel somewhat responsible for that baked potato ending up in the bin. I think of it often. 

When they were kids , the wife went with her mum and sisters for the whole summer holidays to her aunties in Kettering , and for the whole six weeks or so her dad would not eat anything other than toast for breakfast and sandwiches for dinner and tea.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

My phone refuses to correct my most common typo, which is where my fat thumb enters “the” as “tye”.

I presume it’s because I’ve typed it wrong so many times it assumes it must be intentional, but it used to correct it and I never told it not to, because why would I? But now most of my texts or forum posts now have “tye” in them at least once.

If you put a contact in your phone for fuck, cunt, wanker etc then it automatically enters the dictionary. Much quicker than going through the rigmarole of adding them manually.  

• Upvote 1

Shoppers in Asda, usually 40 something women, who either block the aisle with their trolley while gossiping with their next door neighbour they've just bumped into or, stand in front of the shelf taking an age to read the labels on two items they're considering putting in their shopping basket who dont move when you politely ask them to, so you can get to the shelf yourself!

Some bird on my Facebook feed who is anti vax posted a video of Matthew Le Tissier earlier talking about the alarming increase in athletes having heart problems since the introduction of covid vaccines. I have a policy of not interacting online with people like this. I even avoid it on here. But the combination of Le Tissier, who I’ve always disliked, plus the fucking comments. “Great man met him on the last march” “alpha energy right there” “ we need more non cowards like him”….. It took some restraint not to actually pull her up on posting such fucking shite. Since when is Matt Le Tissier a fucking authority figure on virology and immunology? Utter fucking cunts.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Alan Sex said:

“Happy Wife Happy Life”. 

It’s complete bullshit. 

It’s the toxic femininity version of “make me a sandwich, bitch”. 

Pisses me off that it’s seen as acceptable to plaster it all over mugs etc. 

Yeah, you hear people say things like “My wife is high maintenance”. It absolutely wrecks my head. For goodness’ sake, man, grow a pair of balls!*

*I’m the one who’s high maintenance in our house.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Alan Sex said:

“Happy Wife Happy Life”. 

It’s complete bullshit. 

It’s the toxic femininity version of “make me a sandwich, bitch”. 

Pisses me off that it’s seen as acceptable to plaster it all over mugs etc. 

Yeah but “life’s a bitch then you marry one” has been around all sorts for years.