You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

On 02/01/2022 at 13:24, Chocoholic said:

While browsing YouTube, seeing interesting looking thumbnail images but when you click on it, the image from the thumbnail is not in the video. Fucking bastards! 

Having had this yesterday, I've now seen a very similar image on another thumbnail, which is basically a photoshopped version of the previous one, and this naturally makes me assume the other one was photoshopped as well. 

Yeah this tactic is lesson one for YouTube 'content creators' - make eye catching clickbait thumbnails. One of the guys I follow gives people massive/flipped over weird eyes:

IMG_20220103_163315.jpg

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

Inefficient people, especially ones who don't have the required bank card/cash/clubcard/etc ready when they reach the cashier and then fuck about digging into their handbag for their purse.

Where I work we get big corporations calling up about stuff, first question we ask is 'Can you give me the account number please?'. The amount of them who don't have it handy is absolutely fucking mental. 

I would shoot every last one of them 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

Where I work we get big corporations calling up about stuff, first question we ask is 'Can you give me the account number please?'. The amount of them who don't have it handy is absolutely fucking mental. 

I would shoot every last one of them 

"Sorry I don't have it, just type in Derrick from McDonalds, the system will know me. I was the brains behind the Festive Big Mac."

• Upvote 1

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Oh dear. Was it supposed to have been done by a mechanic?

Mechanics do not exist anymore, just a large supply of fitters who don't know how things work.

Modern cars are severely problematic for me, I hate working on them and don't want to do the work myself. But unfortunately I don't trust anyone else to do so. Mainly because actual mechanics are all dead or retired now and have been replaced by morons who think tightening something till the gun won't turn anymore is the correct torque setting and who can't fix a part, just replace whatever the computer says while having no actual diagnostic ability of their own. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

Mechanics do not exist anymore, just a large supply of fitters who don't know how things work.

Modern cars are severely problematic for me, I hate working on them and don't want to do the work myself. But unfortunately I don't trust anyone else to do so. Mainly because actual mechanics are all dead or retired now and have been replaced by morons who think tightening something till the gun won't turn anymore is the correct torque setting and who can't fix a part, just replace whatever the computer says while having no actual diagnostic ability of their own. 

Sounds about right. 

When I have car problems I know a mechanic who is in his 70s and he says more or less the same.

20 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

Yeah, my dad is 70, spent all his working life as car mechanic, production, dealership and motorsport along with years of work for family and friends. He's still fit and active but has no interest in working on cars anymore, unless on the odd exception it's an oldie. I miss the days of bringing my regular shit heaps to him for fixing, nights spent in the garage together working on stuff, now I try and do it myself if mechanical or if I can't it goes to the dealer/local garage.

4 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Yeah, my dad is 70, spent all his working life as car mechanic, production, dealership and motorsport along with years of work for family and friends. He's still fit and active but has no interest in working on cars anymore, unless on the odd exception it's an oldie. I miss the days of bringing my regular shit heaps to him for fixing, nights spent in the garage together working on stuff, now I try and do it myself if mechanical or if I can't it goes to the dealer/local garage.

I still enjoy doing work on my old stuff and I'm happy enough with building/working on the rally cars as I modify wherever I can to make stuff easier to work on or convert stuff to be quick release etc. But modern cars are just fucking awful, designed by people who've never held a spanner in their life and who became "engineers" because it's a "good job" rather than actually being even remotely interested in the subject. 

44 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

There's a strict rule at BAE whereby you aren't allowed to use tools unless you're skilled or have been trained to use them if you're semi skilled.