You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

53 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Signing into an xbox needed passwords, pass codes QR codes, links to websites  download an app I was a fucking Knight templar by the time I'd passed every fucking obstacle. Whatever happened to just switching a fucking thing on. Fuck off.

sega.gif

Having had a VPN running via Denmark for some time now, it was very noticeable that the ads for the evil yellow and red clown and his shit 'food' do not have that horrible insidious whistle at the end. It really does grate, and it would appear that it's aimed as an effective trigger point on a more willing and accepting audience in the UK.

2 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

Having had a VPN running via Denmark for some time now, it was very noticeable that the ads for the evil yellow and red clown and his shit 'food' do not have that horrible insidious whistle at the end. It really does grate, and it would appear that it's aimed as an effective trigger point on a more willing and accepting audience in the UK.

How come you have a VPN but no adblocker?

Digital electronics which is pretty much everything nowadays where it’ll decide to suddenly not work, but the thing to make it work is to switch it off and back on again and the fact we’ve never gotten away from this, it happens with the humble phone to racing cars and computers on space craft and we just accept it.

I always begrudge doing it.

This sort of bollocks- https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/dec/26/healing-myself-the-pagan-way-how-witchcraft-cast-a-spell-on-me

A delusional woman gets stressed out, quits her job and reconnects with her 'spirituality'. As a fucking witch.

Let me guess- as ever with these idealistic yarns of people downshifting away from the shite of modern life, she's from an upper middle class family and in one way or another doesn't have to worry about the financial hit of jacking a job in. Actually, the very fact that she's got an article in the Guardian's lifestyle section would confirm that.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Mudface said:

This sort of bollocks- https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/dec/26/healing-myself-the-pagan-way-how-witchcraft-cast-a-spell-on-me

A delusional woman gets stressed out, quits her job and reconnects with her 'spirituality'. As a fucking witch.

Let me guess- as ever with these idealistic yarns of people downshifting away from the shite of modern life, she's from an upper middle class family and in one way or another doesn't have to worry about the financial hit of jacking a job in. Actually, the very fact that she's got an article in the Guardian's lifestyle section would confirm that.

That article is so bad it’s almost a spoof. She’ll be driving a diesel van delivering plastic shit for Amazon once the redundancy money runs out. 

14 hours ago, Mudface said:

These cunts have the gall to beg people to pay for this at the end of every article.

"Oh hi there, could you spare £6 a month so 23 year old Poppy can continue writing articles about how farting in the bath is helping to balance her chakras?"

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

These cunts have the gall to beg people to pay for this at the end of every article.

"Oh hi there, could you spare £6 a month so 23 year old Poppy can continue writing articles about how farting in the bath is helping to balance her chakras?"

Any pics of Poppy's chakras ? Asking for a friend.

Might be controversial this but seeing new housing estates being built on places like farmers fields and school playing grounds. I realise people need houses but there’s something I always find a bit depressing about it all.

Must be getting old worrying about traffic congestion etc or just living in the past seeing them going up on areas I grew up and played on as a kid.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mike D said:

Might be controversial this but seeing new housing estates being built on places like farmers fields and school playing grounds. I realise people need houses but there’s something I always find a bit depressing about it all.

Must be getting old worrying about traffic congestion etc or just living in the past seeing them going up on areas I grew up and played on as a kid.

Yep. They are building a new estate next to whittakers garden centre in Prescot. It’s going to absolutely ruin that area and also the traffic etc that comes with it.  I think they are putting a new one in whist on as well near the village hotel which again will ruin that area. 

7 minutes ago, Mike D said:

I know what you mean. Our estate used to be on the outskirts, not any more though.

They're building more and more, some of which are 'affordable housing' (yeah right), but there's nowhere near enough school places or Dr's, dentists etc. The infrastructure just isn't there.

I agree that there is nowhere near enough housing, but the vast majority of the houses being built are private. 

There's no balance.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Mike D said:

Not that I'm a fan of new build estates with their ridiculously narrow streets and houses with garages that you can only fit a 1960s Mini in, but it's pretty likely that the area you lived in as a kid was once a farm or a school field or somewhere where people grew up and played in as kids themselves.

59 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Not that I'm a fan of new build estates with their ridiculously narrow streets and houses with garages that you can only fit a 1960s Mini in, but it's pretty likely that the area you lived in as a kid was once a farm or a school field or somewhere where people grew up and played in as kids themselves.

True and where I live now in Melling, they’re about to build a load more on a farm. But my house was built in 1959 and the pensioners who’ve lived here since then remember the area that our houses are built on when that was fields. So I don’t want to be hypocritical.

I grew up around Aintree and the old railway yards on the Cowie was my playground. Then it became an area of local history for me exploring it and that hurt seeing that being built on recently although it makes more sense there being brownfield site, but still.

These new estates why can’t they build all the houses the same and with straight roads? They just seem to design a squiggle of roads and go with that.

24 minutes ago, Mike D said:

True and where I live now in Melling, they’re about to build a load more on a farm. But my house was built in 1959 and the pensioners who’ve lived here since then remember the area that our houses are built on when that was fields. So I don’t want to be hypocritical.

I grew up around Aintree and the old railway yards on the Cowie was my playground. Then it became an area of local history for me exploring it and that hurt seeing that being built on recently although it makes more sense there being brownfield site, but still.

These new estates why can’t they build all the houses the same and with straight roads? They just seem to design a squiggle of roads and go with that.

I dont know about the Cowie but we always walked up the ralla from Orrell rd Litherland and get into Aintree on Fazakerley sidings, there was old railway sheds on the way but i think that was by Dodge. 

Off track a bit for the thread. 

There were once plans to rebuild on brownfield(derelict city and town dwellings) to quell the housing needs,but then city centres became desirable places to live and property owners forced 'affordable' places to build outside of towns and cities. Green belts and green land is now the only place left for ordinary buyers to buy from developers. This is before even touching on the political side of the debate.