You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

On 25/05/2021 at 22:20, Harry's Lad said:

Online shopping substitutions at Asda.

My Mum ordered her shopping online with Asda. One of the items she ordered was a bag of frozen mixed peppers. They had none so substituted them for what. Well, the logical thing would be fresh or nothing, but no.

Frozen mixed cauliflower and broccoli florets.

Just how the fuck are they an appropriate substitution for mixed peppers?.

Dickheads.

We had one go at click and collect shopping. We buy the 20 pack of free range eggs they do, but they said they didn’t have any, so that was that. No attempt at a substitution cause none of the other boxes they do have can add up to 20, so that’s that. Fucking bellends.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, belarus said:

I quite like those “Yorkshire” chants at events across the county. It’s a friendly and happy thing in my experience of it, and more ritualistic than anything, but even if not - what’s wrong with a bit of pride in where you’re from? I’d love it for that level of unity across Merseyside and would defo join in with that chant. You gang of miseries

It used to happen at Cup Finals back in the 1980s but not any more since one half of the City is allergic to silver.

When you’re driving on a road with space for only one car to get through, someone is coming the other way, you pull in to let them go and ages after you’ve done so they then pull in and sit there motioning for you to go first instead. It irrationally annoys the fuck out of me for some reason. I know they’re only being polite, I know it’s daft, but the waste of time/effort to not just go when you’ve given them room always makes me think they’re a tit. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It used to happen at Cup Finals back in the 1980s but not any more since one half of the City is allergic to silver.

Yeah, I’ve heard those stories. Vehemently denied by some of our blue brothers now weirdly though.

The Yorkshire lot do it at anything that’s on in Yorkshire. I think it’s great

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The channel 4 adverts with the big silver number 4 blowing its fucking foghorn, playing footy, running or walking in the sea. It annoys me, how it looks how it sounds the fact someone pitched the idea and they were made. It grates fucking stupid cunting 4.

Yeah not sure what they're called but the little advert for 4 just before they put a programme on. Some of them have been going for years and years. The Mersk container ones etc it's all very grim. The big 4 plays footy in a Liverpool street which is a nice touch but it's very much doom and gloom otherwise. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah not sure what they're called but the little advert for 4 just before they put a programme on. Some of them have been going for years and years. The Mersk container ones etc it's all very grim. The big 4 plays footy in a Liverpool street which is a nice touch but it's very much doom and gloom otherwise. 

They’re called idents I think mate. BBC etc spend a fortune on them every few years.

• Upvote 1

At the Safari park before. Fucking chocker. Every ride and shop had a queue. I was waiting behind a fella and his 10 kids in a big queue. Probably waiting about 10 minutes. He gets to the front and says, "right, what does everyone want then?" 

It hadn't even crossed his mind until that moment, presented with a member of staff waiting to prepare his order.  Enter another 5 minutes or so of organising who wants what and then ordering one too few because someone swapped. Fucking nightmare. 

People just don't have even a smidgen of common enough sense to prepare their order to ensure a quick transaction transaction everyone.  

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

They’re called idents I think mate. BBC etc spend a fortune on them every few years.

Wankers. Whats up with the revolving globe and a narrator explaining whats on next? 

12 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

At the Safari park before. Fucking chocker. Every ride and shop had a queue. I was waiting behind a fella and his 10 kids in a big queue. Probably waiting about 10 minutes. He gets to the front and says, "right, what does everyone want then?" 

It hadn't even crossed his mind until that moment, presented with a member of staff waiting to prepare his order.  Enter another 5 minutes or so of organising who wants what and then ordering one too few because someone swapped. Fucking nightmare. 

People just don't have even a smidgen of common enough sense to prepare their order to ensure a quick transaction transaction everyone.  

I'm angry just reading that. You needed the Annihilator 2000 to hand 

NZVrMS.gif

24 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

We do it before every meal as well. 

Hahaha - that would be well funny. Or you and your mrs before sex. Jump up and face each other from opposite sides of the bed screaming that for 30 seconds. 

I wonder if Amy would participate in it with you as well? Or would that be a bit weird? What county is she from?

Just now, belarus said:

Or you and your mrs before sex. 

I’ll suggest this. We need something to spice things up. Once the ritual is complete, we’ll either have sex or wrestle. Either will be an improvement on recent times. 

2 minutes ago, belarus said:

I wonder if Amy would participate in it with you as well?

I think the lovely Amy is from Milton Keynes. I’m sure she’d be up for anything if I promised to adopt her thirty seven children. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’ll suggest this. We need something to spice things up. Once the ritual is complete, we’ll either have sex or wrestle. Either will be an improvement on recent times. 

I think the lovely Amy is from Milton Keynes. I’m sure she’d be up for anything if I promised to adopt her thirty seven children. 

Dylan will never call you “dad” mate

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Like the cunts in the supermarket who stand watching all the prices as they're rung up and are taken totally by surprise that they've got to fucking pay for them and spend the next 5 minutes rummaging around looking for their purse/wallet

• Upvote 2

Finding a recipe online and thinking 'You know what? That sounds kinda like the Nigel Slater thing you were thinking about, i'm sure it's fine'

Using said recipe and following it to the letter only to remember that a lot of American recipies are made by cloth mouth cows with absolutely no sense of balance so what you think will be a light(ish) meal turns in to a claggy disater with far too much flavour.

Waste of good gnocchi.

14 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Finding a recipe online and thinking 'You know what? That sounds kinda like the Nigel Slater thing you were thinking about, i'm sure it's fine'

Using said recipe and following it to the letter only to remember that a lot of American recipies are made by cloth mouth cows with absolutely no sense of balance so what you think will be a light(ish) meal turns in to a claggy disater with far too much flavour.

Waste of good gnocchi.

Nah this doesn't count. You're just a shit cook. Once you skip the life story it's pretty simple to just follow the instructions. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nah this doesn't count. You're just a shit cook. Once you skip the life story it's pretty simple to just follow the instructions. 

Not when the ingredients make something that's unpalatable it isn't.

Just international sensibilities being different.

The roux, for instance, had garlic in it, which overpowers it.

Add salt, but then add lots of parmesan, when one would do.

Just overkill.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Not when the ingredients make something that's unpalatable it isn't.

Just international sensibilities being different.

The roux, for instance, had garlick in it, which overpowers it.

Add salt, but then add lots of parmesan, when one would do.

Just overkill.

You aren't helping your argument here mate. If you look at the ingredients and don't fancy it then don't try and cook it. Oh and it's Garlic you fucking barge.