You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

4 hours ago, Elite said:

Milk going off before it's sell by date.

Been up since 6.30am with my youngest after having a few drinks last night. I thought a few coffees and I'll be sound, pour the milk in the cup and it's lumpy as fuck. 

Milk says 16th on the carton, wankers.

Drink it black, you fanny.

I just read an article on council tax how unfairly it is charged. Its annoying, my neighbour is in a different band to me and it alternates throughout the street, same houses. The article highlighted how houses worth millions pay less council tax than houses worth less than 100 grand.  My tax has gone up by the highest amount they can every year, all I get is letters telling me what they're cutting. I'm not even sure what local services there are anymore beyond bin collections every other week.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I just read an article on council tax how unfairly it is charged. Its annoying, my neighbour is in a different band to me and it alternates throughout the street, same houses. The article highlighted how houses worth millions pay less council tax than houses worth less than 100 grand.  My tax has gone up by the highest amount they can every year, all I get is letters telling me what they're cutting. I'm not even sure what local services there are anymore beyond bin collections every other week.

What we need is a local tax system based on how many people live in a house. Oh.

People who come out with utter fucking shite and hide behind the phrase 'just saying'. They always add that at the end as a get out

Add to that the same shit houses who get pulled on it and don't realise that adding 'just saying' to the end does not mean that their views were not heard and acted upon 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Liverpool lad said:

People who come out with utter fucking shite and hide behind the phrase 'just saying'. They always add that at the end as a get out

Add to that the same shit houses who get pulled on it and don't realise that adding 'just saying' to the end does not mean that their views were not heard and acted upon 

Lighten up, it's just a joke.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

You can appeal your banding. It does run the risk of being increased but they only do that from the date of inspection I think. If it’s banded down you’re owed a refund all the way back to when you moved in.

You can research it online, definitely worth doing if you’re confident it won’t go up.

The reason houses on your street may be different is that when someone has an extension etc, it only gets re-banded when someone else buys it.

They tried to put mine up because the last owner changed the garage into an office but I appealed and won. I imagine there are countless properties being overcharged.

• Upvote 1

The background dirge they have on programmes which isn't really background and certainly isn't necessary. 

All it does is overpower the dialogue ruining the programme especially if you're hard of hearing where it makes it virtually unwatchable.

It's mainly American shows such as Chicago Fire/P.D etc, but it is creeping in elsewhere.

I keep asking what the he'll was just said and she, more often than not says she couldn't hear it either so rewind and rewind again until you suss it. It just ruins your viewing.

Pain in the arse.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

You can appeal your banding. It does run the risk of being increased but they only do that from the date of inspection I think. If it’s banded down you’re owed a refund all the way back to when you moved in.

You can research it online, definitely worth doing if you’re confident it won’t go up.

The reason houses on your street may be different is that when someone has an extension etc, it only gets re-banded when someone else buys it.

They tried to put mine up because the last owner changed the garage into an office but I appealed and won. I imagine there are countless properties being overcharged.

I cant be arsed with it and run the risk of everybody else's being raised. I think the entire tax system in the country needs overhauling.  Year after years of changes, rules, new technology different society, like most of our systems needs a clean sweep. 

2 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

The background dirge they have on programmes which isn't really background and certainly isn't necessary. 

All it does is overpower the dialogue ruining the programme especially if you're hard of hearing where it makes it virtually unwatchable.

It's mainly American shows such as Chicago Fire/P.D etc, but it is creeping in elsewhere.

I keep asking what the he'll was just said and she, more often than not says she couldn't hear it either so rewind and rewind again until you suss it. It just ruins your viewing.

Pain in the arse.

I wear hearing aids and this is becoming a big problem for me along with the assumption that mumbling constitutes 'proper' acting these days. I have bought a sound bar that links to my hearing aids to help , but even that hasn't  eradicated it completely , yes Tom Hardy I'm looking at you. In relation to your main point I have had to give up with a couple of historical documentaries in the past month or so as the producers appear to feel that I can't imagine what a cannon sounds like without having my ears blasted out while trying to hear what is being said by the narrator.

Overbearing scouse women who need to let the whole fucking shop know they are there. And that stupid "thank yyyyeeeuuuuooowwww" they all seem to be using these days. Fuck off talk quietly, go about your business like a normal human being and stop putting on a fake accent you fucking wham bar 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, belarus said:

I thought that was massively cunty. Belittled any opinion of anyone of savage and below in playing ability.

”I’ll take it off my mates”. Then all the press cunts screaming laughing at it. 

What a whining bitch.

Here's a thought: if you want to be loved, don't be a racist cunt and don't be a shit manager. I hope Robbie Savage phoned him up the day after he got sacked, to say that he should have listened to the criticism. 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Overbearing scouse women who need to let the whole fucking shop know they are there. And that stupid "thank yyyyeeeuuuuooowwww" they all seem to be using these days. Fuck off talk quietly, go about your business like a normal human being and stop putting on a fake accent you fucking wham bar 

I think I have mentioned it previously but the last time I went to winter wonderland in Hyde Park, me and my wife were stuck in front of 2 young scouse couples. For the forty min walk to the nearest open tube, I wanted to kill myself. Never come across anyone who wanted everyone to know they were there as much as these. 

It was as if Cilla had a cameo in bread, where she started reading dave kirby poems.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I wear hearing aids and this is becoming a big problem for me along with the assumption that mumbling constitutes 'proper' acting these days. I have bought a sound bar that links to my hearing aids to help , but even that hasn't  eradicated it completely , yes Tom Hardy I'm looking at you. In relation to your main point I have had to give up with a couple of historical documentaries in the past month or so as the producers appear to feel that I can't imagine what a cannon sounds like without having my ears blasted out while trying to hear what is being said by the narrator.

I've worn hearing aids for the last 12 months and I hate them.

I can hear bass and treble, but it's the mid range that's the problem added to the fact that everything sounds distorted, like listening through a blown speaker.

All hearing aids do is amplify this, they don't make it any better and it's driving me mad. 

My hearing has been deteriorating for years, factory work, gigs, dj-ing years ago and loud music have seen to that, but this distortion is a relatively new thing which makes watching these shows all the harder.

I've loved music all my life, but I haven't listened to an album in over a year because when I do, it sounds nothing like it should do and bits are missing, little things that add so much to the overall piece are gone.

It's like I'm in mourning.

I've only got myself to blame, I'll be 58 in May and I've abused my hearing for more than two thirds of those years.

So to anyone reading this, look after your ears because hearing loss is a bastard.

• Upvote 8

30 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I can hear bass and treble, but it's the mid range that's the problem added to the fact that everything sounds distorted, like listening through a blown speaker.

All hearing aids do is amplify this, they don't make it any better and it's driving me mad. 

My hearing has been deteriorating for years, factory work, gigs, dj-ing years ago and loud music have seen to that, but this distortion is a relatively new thing which makes watching these shows all the harder.

I've loved music all my life, but I haven't listened to an album in over a year because when I do, it sounds nothing like it should do and bits are missing, little things that add so much to the overall piece are gone.

I've only got myself to blame, I'll be 58 in May and I've abused my hearing for more than two thirds of those years.

So to anyone reading this, look after your ears because hearing loss is a bastard.

I have the opposite problem, my hearing is oversensitive. 

When the dog barks I'm like this..

tenor (4).gif

18 minutes ago, Elite said:

I have the opposite problem, my hearing is oversensitive. 

When the dog barks I'm like this..

tenor (4).gif

Loud noises like the dogs barking are very uncomfortable, so yeah, I know exactly what you mean. 

Many's the time I've had to rip my hearing aids out especially when they won't shut up.

Little sods.

2 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

If anyone replies to this post with a "what?" or similar they are getting negged to oblivion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When I cook and serve food on the table, about 75% of the time my wife finds 300 fucking things to do before sitting down and eating it (5+ minutes) while it gets cold, then when finally sat down asks me for a drink. Had the mother in law staying over who is otherwise brilliant but found out where she gets it from. 

• Upvote 5