You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

My dad does stuff like that. Example, last week I text him at around 10 am asking if we could call to his house about lunch time. Never heard anything back so we went out after lunch. Get a text from him about 15 minutes later saying he's at my house, then loads of arsing about ensued trying to give him directions to where we were. He never got there. Ridiculous. 

He also has weird double standards with these things. If I did that, he'd be acting like I was mental - "why did you not text", etc. Also, he sometimes turns up up to an hour after the time he says, with no explanation, but if I turned up at his house even 10 minutes late, he'd be quick enough to point it out. 

Oddball. 

54 minutes ago, Mook said:

Why do they not put smoked sausage next to the sausages at the supermarket? I can never fucking find it, does my head in.

Because one is cooked and the other isn't and the two are kept separate in supermarkets? 

15 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Because one is cooked and the other isn't and the two are kept separate in supermarkets? 

They might as well be. I gave up the other night & bought Cumberland sausages instead. Our kids refused to eat their tea last night as a result.

The way some people on the telly, that Dan Snow for example don't say sixth properly.

They say sickth instead of sicksth. It's like a concerted effort to change the pronunciation.

I was watching a WW2 documentary once , and the presenter, might have been Dan Snow, called King George the sixth, King George the sick.

Irritating.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Why are all the couples on A Place in the Sun just always holding hands when on camera? 

I bet most don't do that in their day-to-day lives but they do on the show and then struggle to walk through doors or look at the condition of a bathroom. Fucking annoying.

Its the producers that "Hold hands, look in love, we want to create the idyllic couple in love moving to sunnier shores for the viewers" when you know full well as soon as the drinks start flowing that night without the cameras it will be "Well you're still a dirty old twat you were staring at her fucking tits all-day, remind you of Janet does she? Cunt" 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, skend04 said:

Why are all the couples on A Place in the Sun just always holding hands when on camera? 

I bet most don't do that in their day-to-day lives but they do on the show and then struggle to walk through doors or look at the condition of a bathroom. Fucking annoying.

They all whinge about how small the kitchens are. Why? At most they'll use the toaster or cook oven chips, other than that they'll eat out all the time.

3 hours ago, skend04 said:

I've not seen it much but the ones I have end up with them deciding stay in England. They just want a free holiday.

43 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've not seen it much but the ones I have end up with them deciding stay in England. They just want a free holiday.

Like that Wanted Down Under shite, I don't get how you can present yourself in such crap. I wonder how much it costs to ship these cunts out, do they get spending money, along with the presenter and camera crew etc it must cost a bomb. 

Don't know if this is one for the getting older thread, but what is going on with the eyelashes some women are sticking on these days? It's bad enough they've got lips like Janice from the Muppet show and look like they've been dipped in fucking creosote - without having a chimney sweep's brush hanging off their face as well.

Fuck, I do sound old.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Just been put to the local co-op, they were playing the song I wish it could be Christmas every day. It's the 13th of November you fucking twats.

Well there used to be a Co-Op there because I'm assuming you or some other decent citizen has burnt it to the fucking ground 

3 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I seen a house yesterday with Christmas lights in the window.

There's a few round our way.

I think they're just trying to cheer people up because everything's so bloody miserable.

I'm no fan of Christmas to be honest due to the fact the shops  and the media ram it down your throat as soon as August bank holiday is over, but I love to see kids happy on the day.

Usually I'd be calling people nobheads for putting lights and decorations up so early, but this year I'll be cutting them some slack.

It's been a twat of a year so maybe it'll raise some spirits.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Harry's Lad said:

There's a few round our way.

I think they're just trying to cheer people up because everything's so bloody miserable.

I'm no fan of Christmas to be honest due to the fact the shops  and the media ram it down your throat as soon as August bank holiday is over, but I love to see kids happy on the day.

Usually I'd be calling people nobheads for putting lights and decorations up so early, but this year I'll be cutting them some slack.

It's been a twat of a year so maybe it'll raise some spirits.

I grudgingly agree. Fuck it. I'm normally a 'December balls out Christmas but not before or after' guy but if it makes anyone smile then whatever