You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Two tins of rice pudding and some own brand coffee. Proper tight bastards round here.

There was another time though that I swiped a bag that was chock full of ‘best of’ items and some household essentials. Great day, that was. 

The best thing is spending the savings on mind bending drugs. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Weirdo 

Not on about small items/amounts.

Using an example, say it I buy £60 worth of stuff in B&Q and I need to take some of it back in a weeks time how am I going to be able to prove I bought it there?

You need a receipt and it’s a daft thing that’s become the norm in recent times. 

13 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Not on about small items/amounts.

Using an example, say it I buy £60 worth of stuff in B&Q and I need to take some of it back in a weeks time how am I going to be able to prove I bought it there?

You need a receipt and it’s a daft thing that’s become the norm in recent times. 

Well things like that yes obviously but not a pint of milk, some cheese and a packet of jacobs crackers from the shop. 

Its a fair question you tree murdering bellend 

6 hours ago, neko said:

the little individual stickers on fresh fruit and vegetables.

is there really not a better way ?

and flies in the house - must destroy. two of our cats see to 90% of them.

You should get one of those light things which they have in restaurants and chippies over here that attract them and sizzle them as soon as they land on them.

I’m on a MS Teams meeting with a bunch of Americans.

It’s day two of a three day bore fest. All participants are at home but one of the guys has been wearing a mask for the whole time. He’s probably got a good reason as all the other participants know each other and none of them have mentioned it.

A small thing but it’s annoying me.

He’s also using what looks like an image of the Grand Canyon as background. This annoys me as well but less so than the mask. 

39 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’m on a MS Teams meeting with a bunch of Americans.

It’s day two of a three day bore fest. All participants are at home but one of the guys has been wearing a mask for the whole time. He’s probably got a good reason as all the other participants know each other and none of them have mentioned it.

A small thing but it’s annoying me.

He’s also using what looks like an image of the Grand Canyon as background. This annoys me as well but less so than the mask. 

You sure he hasn't offed the proper fella, and is wearing a mask because of the smell of decay as he sits there watching, waiting to see who'll be next, grinning insanely because he knows he can't be seen?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

You sure he hasn't offed the proper fella, and is wearing a mask because of the smell of decay as he sits there watching, waiting to see who'll be next, grinning insanely because he knows he can't be seen?

I am going to imagine that’s the case. Inventing a decent back story will stop me suffering death by boredom. Another three hours of this today and six more tomorrow. 

6 hours ago, Juniper said:

So you’ve never bought something you’ve later found you don’t need?

Maybe it's different in the UK, but the stores that usually ask you if you want a receipt are the places that you are 99.99% likely not to be returning items, like groceries or food. If you're buying a TV or building products, of course you'd want a receipt, and it would be given to you without asking.

That's the only reason I thought your annoyance with receipts seemed a bit weird. Who even wants people passing paper to you if you don't need it ?

Anyways, nobody seems offended by the little stickers on fruit, which makes me sad.

• Upvote 1

On 19/08/2020 at 02:59, neko said:

the little individual stickers on fresh fruit and vegetables.

is there really not a better way ?

and flies in the house - must destroy. two of our cats see to 90% of them.

If Simon hadn't chosen to To go chasing the Hollywood dream, he'd be all over this shit.