You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Bolton. I know its Greater Manchester but its not a Manchurian accent. 

Frasier is great and nothing needs changing about it ever

Apart from the English bird.

You must be off sick too much to have been such a fan, thats the only time I ever see it!

On 28/01/2020 at 15:21, Dave D said:

The English woman in Frasier.

Ive never watched a whole episode to be fair, could be wide of the mark. Just doesnt seem to fit. 

I then get annoyed at the ineptitude of casting directors and make a mental note to share it on an internet forum.     

Daphne is the only thing I like about Frasier, she gives my arse a wide-on.

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Seats/stools around a bar in a pub. Yeah let's clogg up the fucking place we all need to get served. I'll just stand waving behind this selection of fat fucks sticking my arm through the narrow gap to grab my drinks. 

Negged for using that horrible Americanism 'fucks' rather than the proper 'fuckers.'

People describing bars as pubs.

I'm as happy as the next man to go for a few drinks on a Friday night with friends, but, as a point of pedantry, I'd like it noted by whoever is choosing the drinking establishment that there is a difference. My local pub doesn't have doormen and a pretend DJ in the corner trying to make my ears bleed. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

People describing bars as pubs.

I'm as happy as the next man to go for a few drinks on a Friday night with friends, but, as a point of pedantry, I'd like it noted by whoever is choosing the drinking establishment that there is a difference. My local pub doesn't have doormen and a pretend DJ in the corner trying to make my ears bleed. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Whats better than the pub? An actual pub? Decent jukey, decent arl regulars and a pool table. Sit on my face. 

• Upvote 1

Oscar attendees get a goody bag with a 150 grand worth of shit in it. People spend over 25 years paying off a mortgage for those kind of sums. Nuts.

I watched that most expensive house in Britain the guy who created phones4U  owns, he bought it to attract more people to his charity ball. The wallpaper cost more than building a new hospital. The guy said he didn't have time for empathy but now he does but he just seemed so cold and shallow like his charitable work seemed more of a status thing. I suppose it doesn't matter as long as money is raised. Insane individuals can have so much. A billion is an almost unimaginable amount.

The super wealthy and those born into wealth are a separate species. The saying if a lion could speak perfect English you still wouldn't be able to understand each other  because your realities are so far removed could almost apply.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Oscar attendees get a goody bag with a 150 grand worth of shit in it. People spend over 25 years paying off a mortgage for those kind of sums. Nuts.

I watched that most expensive house in Britain the guy who created phones4U  owns, he bought it to attract more people to his charity ball. The wallpaper cost more than building a new hospital. The guy said he didn't have time for empathy but now he does but he just seemed so cold and shallow like his charitable work seemed more of a status thing. I suppose it doesn't matter as long as money is raised. Insane individuals can have so much. A billion is an almost unimaginable amount.

The super wealthy and those born into wealth are a separate species. The saying if a lion could speak perfect English you still wouldn't be able to understand each other  because your realities are so far removed could almost apply.

I've got no problem with self-made minted people until they become greedy bastards who look down their nose. I don't expect them to give half their wealth to charity or build homeless shelters with it. Its their money. Its their prerogative. If they want to spend 50k on wallpaper just so they can whack off to the butler to wiping his arse on it then so be it. 

Its when they start being snobs or expecting everything given to them they become cunts. Also see the tax situation. Pay your fucking dues you can afford it. Arseholes.