You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

It’s not annoying me but I can hear birds whistling outside. As in genuine birds. What the fuck 

Weird, I went to bed about 2:30 (sober) and could hear birds singing then too, haven't really heard them for a couple of months. Maybe they were talking about me, the two-faced fuckers.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

My microwave clock gains at least 2 minutes a week and puts it out of sync with the oven clock, well actually it puts it out of sync with the whole world.

It’s a Russell Hobbs which I thought was an alright make; it’s not like it’s a fucking Hinari. 

Pictures or I'm calling shenanigans. 

1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

My microwave clock gains at least 2 minutes a week and puts it out of sync with the oven clock, well actually it puts it out of sync with the whole world.

It’s a Russell Hobbs which I thought was an alright make; it’s not like it’s a fucking Hinari. 

Dont you dare knock Hinari.We had a black and white telly of theirs which lasted yonks.

Catering for adults and their ever changing diets. I’m trying to plan a family meal for next week. There’s likely to be 10 of us max but what with the non meat but eat fish vegetarians, the vegetarian and sometimes vegan I’m facing having to make about 4 different options here. Far better when they were just kids and you could just leave them to eat crisps and cake. Grrr

7 minutes ago, Champ said:

Catering for adults and their ever changing diets. I’m trying to plan a family meal for next week. There’s likely to be 10 of us max but what with the non meat but eat fish vegetarians, the vegetarian and sometimes vegan I’m facing having to make about 4 different options here. Far better when they were just kids and you could just leave them to eat crisps and cake. Grrr

Get a takeaway or go out to a restaurant.

That sounds hernia inducing.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mook said:

Get a takeaway or go out to a restaurant.

That sounds hernia inducing.

It’s that old what ‘seemed like a good idea’ ends up becoming far more involved than it should be. It’s the same with takeaways and restaurants are reserved for ‘big’ birthdays so I’m just having a moan and will have to work my way round it

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Champ said:

Just put a load of fruit out.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Finger buffet and cover all the options, easy. Plus you can prep/make a load of the stuff the night before/early morning then sit back and have a glass of Wine. You can even add warm food if you make a load of homemade chips, rice and peas etc...

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Champ said:

He asked for a Boxing Day tea and that’s what he will get. It’s just that the idea of making a one pot meal didn’t stand up to reality

They don't realise the work which goes into planning/preparing such meals. I'm lucky that in the immediate family things are pretty much straightforward. When the youngest lad has his mates over then it gets a bit more complicated as some of them are Muslims and one lad has a load of allergies. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

They don't realise the work which goes into planning/preparing such meals. I'm lucky that in the immediate family things are pretty much straightforward. When the youngest lad has his mates over then it gets a bit more complicated as some of them are Muslims and one lad has a load of allergies. 

Oh, he knows and I could easily have said no. I’m lucky to have the time to do it

• Upvote 1