You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

People who wait until until they get to the till and have the cashier waiting on them to then go back around the shop to pick something else up

I seen some right fucking idiot in M&S on Sunday, picking up trousers and then going to get another pair holding others up. I was only picking some work gear up.

I can only assume with the lack of awareness he displayed, lack of logic and total disregard for the consequences of his actions that he was probably a Brexit voter

I'm actually the president of Hermes & have instructed my staff not to deliver anything to LF's address until such time as he refrains from calling trainers 'daps'.

I was actually wondering what he was on about, assumed he meant trainers but you can never be too sure. Bit like when I heard people calling them webs, I mean what the hell? Trainers. Simple.

Usually spoken by lads from Runcorn with their hands down their pants trying to be more scouse.

I was actually wondering what he was on about, assumed he meant trainers but you can never be too sure. Bit like when I heard people calling them webs, I mean what the hell? Trainers. Simple.

Usually spoken by lads from Runcorn with their hands down their pants trying to be more scouse.

Nah, trainees > trainers. I always assume people who call them daps or webs wear Londsdale.

• Upvote 2

Webs?

It’s daps.

That's a plimsoll apparently.

In the UK plimsolls are commonly worn for schools' indoor physical education lessons. Regional terms are common: in Northern Ireland and central Scotland they are sometimes known as gutties; "sannies" (from 'sand shoe') is also used in Scotland.[2] In parts of the West Country and Wales they are known as "daps" or "dappers". In London, the home counties, much of the West Midlands, the West Riding of Yorkshire and north west of England they are known as "pumps".[3]There is a widespread belief that "daps" is taken from a factory sign – "Dunlop Athletic Plimsoles" which was called "the DAP factory". However, this seems unlikely as the first citation in the Oxford English Dictionary of "dap" for a rubber soled shoe is a March 1924 use in the Western Daily Press newspaper; Dunlop did not acquire the Liverpool Rubber Company (as part of the merger with the Macintosh group of companies) until 1925. Plimsolls were issued to the British military (called 'road slappers' by the common soldiery) until replaced by trainers in the mid-80's. If white they required hours of application of shoe whitener, if black they were required to be polished until they gleamed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plimsoll_shoe

Pumps? PUMPS? Fucking hell.

Never had a pair of pumps? That's what I always knew as when at school , not sure if they where the ones with the elastic on the front or with laces or both. Never wore trainers/ trainees except cheap ones for 5 a side so don't know about them though trabs sound bad. Used to prefer basies as a kid mind.

Pumps are what girls wear when they're being girly and celebrating the fact that they definitely don't have a penis.

Haha ,I think it was 60s 70s term to be honest, though the elasticated ones where pretty shit , preference for tennis shoes. Basies and Fleming jeans with a Barcelona top it was for me early 70s, trendy or what?

During this recent nice weather I've noticed something about myself, that I'm never fucking happy.

I'll be sitting outside in the garden & I'll start thinking about work or something else that's bugging me, or playing with one of the kids & the other one will kick off, or listening to some music that I love & I find myself wondering what album I'll put on next rather than just enjoying it. I never seem to have a moment of complete contentment. I realise that this is very much a first world problem but does anyone else suffer from this?

I probably need to get into Zen philosophy or something. A shag would help like but there's a four month old baby in the bedroom with us.

• Upvote 1

During this recent nice weather I've noticed something about myself, that I'm never fucking happy.

I'll be sitting outside in the garden & I'll start thinking about work or something else that's bugging me, or playing with one of the kids & the other one will kick off, or listening to some music that I love & I find myself wondering what album I'll put on next rather than just enjoying it. I never seem to have a moment of complete contentment. I realise that this is very much a first world problem but does anyone else suffer from this?

I probably need to get into Zen philosophy or something. A shag would help like but there's a four month old baby in the bedroom with us.

It doesn't show on here, mate...

• Upvote 3

I'll be sitting outside in the garden & I'll start thinking about work or something else that's bugging me, or playing with one of the kids & the other one will kick off, or listening to some music that I love & I find myself wondering what album I'll put on next rather than just enjoying it. I never seem to have a moment of complete contentment. I realise that this is very much a first world problem but does anyone else suffer from this?

My wife says the same about me. I’ll be after something for ages and no sooner have I got it, I want something else. Doesn’t matter where I am or what I am doing, I want to be somewhere else, doing something different.

• Upvote 1

ITV and BBC pretending that the other one don't exist. We know that you've got joint rights to the competition, and you know that we know, so why go through the charade? BBC were saying earlier that the game will be on later on their radio station, how fucking ridiculous is that?

My wife says the same about me. I’ll be after something for ages and no sooner have I got it, I want something else. Doesn’t matter where I am or what I am doing, I want to be somewhere else, doing something different.

I had a feeling you might respond to that, Tony you miserable bastard.

I spend ages getting excited about a night in the boozer with my mates these days & I often find when I get there that I think it's shite & could do with going home. Drink helps with this specific problem though.

• Upvote 1

ITV and BBC pretending that the other one don't exist. We know that you've got joint rights to the competition, and you know that we know, so why go through the charade? BBC were saying earlier that the game will be on later on their radio station, how fucking ridiculous is that?

FIFA, UEFA and the FA should force them to acknowledge one another like the NBA forces TNT and ESPN to acknowledge one another.