You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

He is one proper fucking turd, but the benefit of his US success is that I no longer see him, let alone expect to find his gross pilsbury doughboy face braying pretend laughter at me everytime I open the fridge, as was the case for a number of years at the height of his ubiquitousness over here.

• Upvote 1

Delaying booking/buying stuff and then going back to find the offer's expired or they've sold out.

I do this all the time. Drives me nuts

Or the manual version of this , my wife will like a top in a shop but not be fully sure & hide it at the back of the rack as it is the only one in that size and then moan when half an hour she decides she really wants it & it has gone. 

That unmistakable crunch when you suddenly realise that a fragment of shell managed to cling on to the egg as it entered the pan. 

In other egg related annoyances- why does egg yolk from a boiled egg transform into superglue when you come to wash up the breakfast dishes?   

• Upvote 1

Delaying booking/buying stuff and then going back to find the offer's expired or they've sold out.

I do this all the time. Drives me nuts

Saw a decent paddling pool in Aldi last week- there must have been about 100 boxes of them in the crate thingy.

So instead of buying it I just went home and told the Mrs how great it looked and what a good price it was.

Go back 2 days later, none left.

Ive convinced myself that it cannot be that the whole lot were sold individually and that some unscrupulous schemer has bought all of them to sell on at a profit.

Its the only logical explanation

Or the manual version of this , my wife will like a top in a shop but not be fully sure & hide it at the back of the rack as it is the only one in that size and then moan when half an hour she decides she really wants it & it has gone.

Or I do that see something in the passing, think, ‘I’ll have a look at that the next time I’m in’ and guess what, it’s disappeared.

In the past week alone I’ve missed out on a plant offer, a clothing offer and reasonable prices on a train ticket that have now gone up leaving me questioning whether I can actually go on my trip. I don’t seem to learn

Saw a decent paddling pool in Aldi last week- there must have been about 100 boxes of them in the crate thingy.

So instead of buying it I just went home and told the Mrs how great it looked and what a good price it was.

Go back 2 days later, none left.

Ive convinced myself that it cannot be that the whole lot were sold individually and that some unscrupulous schemer has bought all of them to sell on at a profit.

Its the only logical explanation

You where lucky there the stuff in Aldi is shite.

Paying for next day delivery and getting an email 3 days later to inform you your parcel has only just been picked up by the courier.

Cunts.

Fucking joke continues.

I ordered some new daps and a top from sports direct and paid for next day delivery.

Three fucking days later I get an email from Hermes saying they’d collected my order and it would be delivered that day.

Nothing all day and then I get two emails from Hermes, first saying my parcel has been delivered and then a second saying I hope I’m enjoying my delivery.

Of course not you cunts I haven’t got it!

I check the tracker on their website and it says it’s been left with a neighbour. Only it doesn’t say which neighbour and they’ve not put a card through the door.

Email sports direct to complain and basically get a fuck you from them saying I need to complain to Hermes first before they’ll do anything. I bought from YOU and gave YOU money, it’s your fucking job to provide me with the goods I paid for. Cunts.

I then contact Hermes to be told they left the order with my neighbour. I ask which one to be told 111, well thats interesting considering there are only 22 properties in the street! Wankers.

I’ve checked with No11 who doesn’t have it, the closest No111 is out of the street and half a mile down the road, like the fucking courier would have tried that many places before jumping back in the van and fucking off.

And now I have to wait for someone from the relevant team to contact me.