You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

One of my mates went for afternoon tea at the Radisson Blue.

Y'know, Afternoon Tea - that quaint traditional treat of sandwiches on a fine china plate and little cakes on a matching china cake stand?  Yeah, that.

36343322_2468763776470712_72896050080209

They look like chopped up supermarket  sandwiches

Not even. It's an old scrapped drawer on its end. Look at the handle on top. Farcical. Probably gets bonus points from twats for being "chabby-chic" or something.

Bloody Hell your right.

Where is this hotbed of madness?

Or single person walking slowly on the pavement if I know them, I don't want to catch up and end up having to make conversation, it seems rude to power walk past them because then it's obvious I'm swerving them, and I can't linger around following slightly behind them like a creepy stalker anymore since the court order came through.

• Upvote 3

Just been to a Poundworld in Speke on my lunch hour to get a few party bits for ToddleDs birthday.  There's up to 50% off everything there and fuck me it was like a feeding frenzy.  People stuffing baskets with Solar garden frogs, 20 packets of blag army men toys and industrial amounts of tena lady.   Arguing at the till "no that's meant to be 40% off not 30%, no wonder you're going fucking bust" it was an absolute cretin fest. 

I got to the till and as the girl* was scanning my stuff I asked her if she knew what was going on with the jobs there and how long left.  She said they didn't know and had just been told to come to work as usual until otherwise told but that she was dead worried.  I wished her all the best and said I hoped it all worked out for her and she told me I was the first customer who'd said that since the news broke they were in trouble.  

Just felt really sorry for the staff having to deal with that shit, people haggling over literal pennies when they have so much insecurity over their jobs.

*20s, fit before anyone asks. 

• Upvote 2

Just been to a Poundworld in Speke on my lunch hour to get a few party bits for ToddleDs birthday.  There's up to 50% off everything there and fuck me it was like a feeding frenzy.  People stuffing baskets with Solar garden frogs, 20 packets of blag army men toys and industrial amounts of tena lady.   Arguing at the till "no that's meant to be 40% off not 30%, no wonder you're going fucking bust" it was an absolute cretin fest. 

I got to the till and as the girl* was scanning my stuff I asked her if she knew what was going on with the jobs there and how long left.  She said they didn't know and had just been told to come to work as usual until otherwise told but that she was dead worried.  I wished her all the best and said I hoped it all worked out for her and she told me I was the first customer who'd said that since the news broke they were in trouble.  

Just felt really sorry for the staff having to deal with that shit, people haggling over literal pennies when they have so much insecurity over their jobs.

Pics or GTFO

Good on you mate. Nearly made me well up there thinking about them poor sods wondering what the fuck they are going to do. A bit of humanity costs fuck all but can mean the absolute world to people. I might come across like a cunt on here but I am always do my best to make people feel better. Even just saying thank you and have a good day means a lot. If only everyone could be nice and not be either too fucking aloof or so wrapped up in their own bubble that they could walk past someone dying and not even fucking notice. We are all human beings at the end of the day. 

Except train staff of course. And other commuters on trains. 

• Upvote 1

There's your problem right there. Should have gone in your dinner hour.

Is there a worse insect than a bluebottle ?

You wait all year for some decent weather so you can have all your windows open for a bit of cool air and every few seconds these big horrible fuckers fly in and what makes it worse you know they've probably been swanning around in a load of dog shit....

Horrible dirty fuckers.

Is there a worse insect than a bluebottle ?

You wait all year for some decent weather so you can have all your windows open for a bit of cool air and every few seconds these big horrible fuckers fly in and what makes it worse you know they've probably been swanning around in a load of dog shit....

Horrible dirty fuckers.

A wasp, to answer your question.