You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Cleaning glass, particularly French windows. It always seems like it should be easy, but just when you think you've got it done, you notice a massive smear. Maybe being a window cleaner is a skilled profession.

Get one of those Vax window vacuums. They are mint.

Upselling in food shops.

I've noticed it creeping in a bit more of late.

"Would you like any cookies or crisps with your sandwich?"

"No, just the sandwich please."

"Okay. And will you be wanting a drink with that?"

No. It's still just the sandwich. Like I told you just 5 seconds ago.

Subway is bad for it. I went to Greggs for the first time in ages the other day and it seems to be creeping in there too.

It's obviously being forced onto the serving staff and it's not their fault, but it makes you tempted to tell them to fuck off, that you knew what you wanted before you came in to their shop and if you wanted a drink with your chicken katsu bake then you'd have just picked one up and brought it to the counter with you.

It's actually becoming more common also that not only does the screen move, but sometimes when you click one button you are actually pressing another through the functionality of the website or app.

I have noticed it recently with a phone cleaning app I have been very happy with for the last couple of years. When you press the exit button you are presented with an invite to install an app or exit completely. Press exit and it records that you have selected to install the app. It has happened so many times that at first I thought I was pressing the wrong button but I can tell now that this is not the case.

It's quite off-putting and I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes more common.

Use DuckDuckGo it’s easy as sin to clear your history, they don’t keep logs, and it has a search engine built in.

Very good browser for testing purposes.

Upselling in food shops.

"Would you like any cookies or crisps with your sandwich?"

"No, just the sandwich please."

"Okay. And will you be wanting a drink with that?"

No. It's still just the sandwich. Like I told you just 5 seconds ago.

Subway is bad for it. I went to Greggs for the first time in ages the other day and it seems to be creeping in there too.

It's obviously being forced onto the serving staff and it's not their fault, but it makes you tempted to tell them to fuck off, that you knew what you wanted before you came in to their shop and if you wanted a drink with your chicken katsu bake then you'd have just picked one up and brought it to the counter with you.

When I ran a shop and we used to sell a particular product it was our biggest line. It had an associated product. Same brand but a different variety. We sold next to none.

I asked all the staff to ask the customers every time they sold one to ask had they tried the other and offer a sample. We trebled the sales of the weaker variety pretty much overnight.

When I ran a shop and we used to sell a particular product it was our biggest line. It had an associated product. Same brand but a different variety. We sold next to none.

I asked all the staff to ask the customers every time they sold one to ask had they tried the other and offer a sample. We trebled the sales of the weaker variety pretty much overnight.

What was the product?

Judging by your description, we can rule out- 

Jet Engines

Condoms

Virtual reality Head sets

Spanners

I dont doubt its worth doing, albeit a bit annoying at times.

Bit like Argos/Currys showing astonishing lack of faith in their own products by pushing additional warranties as if its the only logical thing to do as it WILL break down  

I remembering buying a laptop in Curry's years back - a decent Sony Vaio but not top of the line, maybe £750 - and the salesman started trying to sell the warranty at the usual extortionate prices.

Him: Blah blah blah insurance

Me: No thanks, just the laptop.

He placed a pen on the keyboard and motioned to close the lid, and said smugly 'guess how much a simple mistake like this would cost to fix?'

Me: About £80.

Him: What? No, about £500.

Me: Well I replaced a screen just like it last week for about £80, and half an hour's work.

Him: Well that's if you do it yourself.

Me: Exactly. Which is why I don't want to pay extortionate insurance. Can I have my laptop now please?

Fucking scare tactic cunt. £500 my arse. Anyone who charged that is a cunt conman of the highest order.

• Upvote 1

Upselling in food shops.

I was pleased to note that the bloke in WH Smiths in Euston last week didn’t try to foist a Torygraph on me when I bought a bottle of water. He just scanned the copy that he kept close to hand, so I'd get the water at the lower price, and then returned it under the counter where it belongs.

People who bite their nails constantly. I bite my nails, i'm not against nail biting what I am against is the lad sat in-front of me but slightly to the right in my peripheral constantly sat there looking at his screen gnawing on his fingers constantly and doing fuck all work. Stupid bald cunt. 

Splinters.

Had one in my finger last night. Only about 2mm but bloody annoying. Literally had to dig the little shite out  

Love splinters.

I can get a tiny little one and by the time i've finished with a knife and pin if is 10x worse than it would have been had it been a splinter made of aids.

• Upvote 2

Love splinters.

I can get a tiny little one and by the time i've finished with a knife and pin if is 10x worse than it would have been had it been a splinter made of aids.

Top splinter tip- place the sticky section of a plaster over it then rip it off. About 80% success rate in getting out. The other 20% just pushes it in more.    

• Upvote 2