You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

The pointlessly overwhelming range of toothpastes from the same manufacturers. There are about 20 Colgates and Sensodynes in my local supermarket, and they can't all be different. I stood there for about five minutes like I was playing a strange game of spot the difference. Repair, repair +, repair for sensitive teeth, sensitive whitening etc.

• Upvote 1

The pointlessly overwhelming range of toothpastes from the same manufacturers. There are about 20 Colgates and Sensodynes in my local supermarket, and they can't all be different. I stood there for about five minutes like I was playing a strange game of spot the difference. Repair, repair +, repair for sensitive teeth, sensitive whitening etc.

True, the price ranges are mad too.

Colgate - a quid

Colgate max white - £2.50

Colgate max white expert - £5

Colgate max white expert complete £10

Who the fuck is paying a tenner for toothpaste?

True, the price ranges are mad too.

Colgate - a quid

Colgate max white - £2.50

Colgate max white expert - £5

Colgate max white expert complete £10

Who the fuck is paying a tenner for toothpaste?

http://luxurylaunches.com/other_stuff/theodent-300-most-expensive-toothpaste.php

When you think of luxury personal care products, you might think of creams and soaps, perfumes or shampoo; but have you ever thought of an ultra exclusive toothpaste? You can start now, because Theodent 300 is the last word in luxury oral care. Despite being formulated without the commonly used ingredient Fluoride, Theodent 300 promises to strengthen and re-mineralize the protective enamel layer of your teeth through its unique ingredient Rennou™. The patented ingredient was discovered by Dr. Tetsu Nakamoto and is a derivative of the cocoa bean. That’s almost like having chocolate in your toothpaste!

While all Theodent products contain Rennou, the 300 Whitening Crystal Mint is packed with an extra strength dose of the special ingredient. Priced at $100, the dental care product is for those who want to have the most enviable smiles around! In fact, it was also one of only 9 items handpicked to be in the in the International Emmy Gala gift bags in 2012. The minty toothpaste comes in exquisite white and gold packaging. Clearly you wont be using an Oral B from the nearest Walgreens, may we suggest something opulent like the most expensive toothbrush that is made from Titanium?

I'm annoyed by my lack of navigation skills but mostly by my sat nav sending me down mad country lanes where you have to back up 20 miles to let some fucker past. I went Southport and was on a narrow road with a 2 foot drop either side for miles it was a ball ache. Just send me the fucking long way on a proper road rather than shortest fastest or economical.

I'm annoyed by my lack of navigation skills but mostly by my sat nav sending me down mad country lanes where you have to back up 20 miles to let some fucker past. I went Southport and was on a narrow road with a 2 foot drop either side for miles it was a ball ache. Just send me the fucking long way on a proper road rather than shortest fastest or economical.

Chnage the settings and it won’t do that.

Where were you travelling from mate? This does my head in too - you’ll trust it sometimes, but think “whys it going this way?” and it takes you a fucking scenic route to a point in the journey you knew a better way to get to.

That said they are fucking life savers generally.

Ants. The industrious little bastards. The amount of sand they're bringing up from under the garden path is fucking unreal.

Sure it's annoying but you've got to admire the unrelenting work ethic and fight for the cause.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this should be in here or the getting older thread.

Fucking FaceTime.

Not the usual looking at people but other people using it constantly. My fucking kids in particular.

Earlier I shouted ‘are you there’ to my youngest out the kitchen window to the trampoline to hear ‘yes’ back. It’s only 10ft away but couldn’t be arsed going out. I’m not Gerry MaCann, if only he had a FaceTime excuse they’d be laughing.

5 mins later while I’m still in the kitchen, cooking dinner no less, (fuck you Gerry no tapas for me) the 10 year old passes me from the stairs direction coming down.

Turns out I’d been having a chat with her pal down the road. On Facebook.

Fuck me.

Not the first time. I was giving my other kid Gymnastic tips the other day in my capacity as gold medalists forward role practitioner only to be chastised by 3 or4 other voices which I thought were the usual in my head but alarmingly turned out to be actual gymnastics coaches on the fucking iPad.

I now have 15 kids they are everywhere.

I can’t tell my wife she is devastatingly lovely and I want to bum her they may hear.(edit result)

I can’t tell the dog to fuck off in case Zara up the road hears it and tells her mum.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this should be in here or the getting older thread.

Fucking FaceTime.

Not the usual looking at people but other people using it constantly. My fucking kids in particular.

Earlier I shouted ‘are you there’ to my youngest out the kitchen window to the trampoline to hear ‘yes’ back. It’s only 10ft away but couldn’t be arsed going out. I’m not Gerry MaCann, if only he had a FaceTime excuse they’d be laughing.

5 mins later while I’m still in the kitchen, cooking dinner no less, (fuck you Gerry no tapas for me) the 10 year old passes me from the stairs direction coming down.

Turns out I’d been having a chat with her pal down the road. On Facebook.

Fuck me.

Not the first time. I was giving my other kid Gymnastic tips the other day in my capacity as gold medalists forward role practitioner only to be chastised by 3 or4 other voices which I thought were the usual in my head but alarming turned out to be actual gymnastics coaches on the fucking iPad.

I now have 15 kids they are everywhere.

I can’t tell my wife she is devastatingly lovely and I want to bum her they may hear.(edit result)

I can’t tell the dog to fuck off in case Zara up the road hears it and tells her mum.

My 8 year daughter has recently begun chatting to her friends using Apples version and yes it's annoying as fuck. You have watch everything you say and even what your wearing, don't want to be walking around the house with my undies on whilst her 8 year old friends can see me.

I've started singing old songs randomly as I wander the house somebody says a word or a sentence and I'll hum or sing a song or sentence that features a key word or phrase from said song. They are always songs that go back yonks and not like 80s or newer stuff. Have to be careful Sinatra,Andy Williams or the old crooner's lawyers aren't listening. 'I hear footsteps and there's no one there...'

Probably for the getting older thread more than this,but forgetfullness is another trait.