You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

People who pass off being habitually late as a quirky part of their personality.

And then dominate the conversation to tell everybody why they are so late. It's always some bullshit reason that's easily rectifiable if they had any sense of time management.

People who pass off being habitually late as a quirky part of their personality.

My mates like this. Is always 20-30 minutes later than he says. I just plan around it now.

Once he proceeded to tell me why he was late. He was leaving the house on time when he realised he hadn't put his footie bets on.

I don't understand some people. My mum used to chastise me to leave the house early for everything ever. As such, and as someone who is always early or on time, it fucking boils my piss when people are so nonchalant about making other people wait for them.

Me & the Mrs get along pretty well in general but the one big issue that we have is that she is late for everything & I am early for everything. The amount of times we are already arguing when the taxi arrives or whatever, I couldn't even begin to count.

I take my son swimming and a couple of parents regularly turn up 20 minutes late every week meaning their kids miss out on a full lesson. It's happened for the last two years but they just laugh it off as them being busy. Doesn't affect me but the way they laugh it off is annoying

Some lad I used to hang around with used to do so often that we nearly ending up scrapping. We were going to Glasgow and I had the train tickets. Told him to be at mine for a certain time but he decided that he'd just turn up when he felt like it so I just got a lift into town without him.

He then turns up with a massive cob on because he had to pay 15 quid for a taxi and asked why I wouldn't wait. I said he was over an hour late but then said "well you know me, I'm never on time for anything" which enraged me even more and I had to be held back by my other 2 mates.

Me & the Mrs get along pretty well in general but the one big issue that we have is that she is late for everything & I am early for everything. The amount of times we are already arguing when the taxi arrives or whatever, I couldn't even begin to count.

My missus takes ages getting ready, I've go it sussed now though, I get everything ready, have shower, shave etc and sit on the bed watching the telly. She gives me the 5 minutes sign and I get dressed.

• Upvote 1

I hoovered the house and cut the grass yesterday. The wife has just been out to the greenhouse and to check on the chickens and come back in without taking her shoes off, despite me asking.

Grass everywhere.

Grrr.

Yet I'm the one chastised for not noticing dust or wanting to clean the house as often as she does. I don't want to clean it as often because I'm much better at not making a mess 10 minutes after its been cleaned!

They just suit some people. I’ve been into them ever since I could first grow a proper one, long before the “hipster” thing. Sadly, in recent times, I’ve developed alopecia barbae. Absolutely gutting, as there doesn’t appear to be a cure.

So you look like an egg?

I would go further with this one and say people who are utter fucking idiots and pass it off as a quirk, and as a result people make excuses for them well into adulthood

You know the type, fucks up every job they have had, every simple task they are given, let people down repeatedly. They often have people making excuses for them which feeds their bad habits, excuses such as 'oh they clash with certain types of people'.

It is the failure to hold these people responsible that is actually cruel on them as they continue to be fucking useless and never learn, probably harming their own life chances. I know people who are never more than a few weeks between dramas and ones that are preventable for normal people, yet they never fucking learn

• Upvote 2

Lorry drivers pissing in the wind taking three of four lanes of the M25 uphill.

Two were Polish, which of course rattled my chain a little more....

That last sentence seems a bit xenophobic, explain yourself..

I would go further with this one and say people who are utter fucking idiots and pass it off as a quirk, and as a result people make excuses for them well into adulthood

You know the type, fucks up every job they have had, every simple task they are given, let people down repeatedly. They often have people making excuses for them which feeds their bad habits, excuses such as 'oh they clash with certain types of people'.

It is the failure to hold these people responsible that is actually cruel on them as they continue to be fucking useless and never learn, probably harming their own life chances. I know people who are never more than a few weeks between dramas and ones that are preventable for normal people, yet they never fucking learn

That is the most Mark post ever.  But you're right.

I nearly killed someone on a motorbike the other day. Entirely my fault I went to overtake a lorry and nearly swiped the fucker as I didn't see him over take me. I was literally furious with myself the rest of the night and all the next day.

never mind, just make sure you get him next time?

• Upvote 1