You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

People who studiously avoid making eye contact after you've stopped for them at a zebra crossing. If there's a load of them that's different but if it's a lone pedestrian and you've stopped for them....

I'm not expecting them to nosh me off but a polite nod of the head in acknowledgement or wave of the hand would do. Rude fuckers. Thatchers legacy.

When you are driving down a road and there is cars parked down one side and two can't pass each other so one of you has to pull in.

I do all the time esp if it is the other persons right of way. All I ask is for a little acknowledgment a smile a wave a nod even eye contact will suffice. Cunts who just hurtle past and complete ignore you do my head in. Once again in a driving post worst culprits are ladies and old men. They should be dragged from their cars and forced to kneel before you so they don't do it again.

Same shit. People are ignorant fucks.

Some of the worst offenders are people with backpacks on at airports. Those little shops are a pain as it is but these idiots completely forget that they've got one on and it's at least the width of another person. Basically people that are bereft of any consideration for others. But then again 99% of people that travel by plane fit in that category.

I read a very interesting piece on flying where the writer (6'4" and therefore bemoaning the lack of comfort of aircraft seats) suggested that passengers should be required to be weighed on check in, economy for those checking in below a certain weight and another class with larger seat and more expensive for the self control challenged. Then economy should lose a row of seats in order to be made more comfortable. If you're thinking that this would result in a loss of some dignity when flying I'd ask you to tell me what dignity, compared to carrying your shoes, belt and half of your belongings out of security to try to get dressed with a small bench designed for six people.

I don't think it will happen any time soon but I'd like to see a shake up of the current class system on planes. How can a little old lady weighing just more than air be hit with excess baggage charges with a 25kg bag when some 20 stone slob with a 23kg case waddles through without extra charge? I'm not having a go at obese people, they should go ahead and do what they want, obviously they do. I'm just saying that with the incredible expansion of waistlines these days the old system and old chairs are not up to it.

Rather than simply move everything up a size to accommodate and therefore make everyone have to pay (less seats means they have to get the money from somewhere) how about we start making people responsible for their own irresponsibleness. crazy idea I know.

You could weigh the person and bags tigether and have an overall allowance.

When someone uses a serrated knife to butter their toast.  Not only are there the usual detritus of burnt breadcrumbs in there, but now also loads of lines that annoy me.

It's my wife.

I suffer from obsessive disorder.

But still.

*thinks*

But still.

• Upvote 2

Great idea. Let's embark on a costly refit of loads of planes in the hope of a customer saving a few quid on a no frills flight.Tories

Lets not. If you're as big as 2 seats you should pay for 2 seats.

I was just commenting that there is no logic behind these baggage allowances; if they're concerned about the weight of the plane shouldnt the weight of the passengers be counted as well?

I dont have much of an issue with leg room but I could see that some/many/most might like the option of being able to unbend their knees

Some of the worst offenders are people with backpacks on at airports.  Those little shops are a pain as it is but these idiots completely forget that they've got one on and it's at least the width of another person. Basically people that are bereft of any consideration for others. But then again 99% of people that travel by plane fit in that category. 

I read a very interesting piece on flying where the writer (6'4" and therefore bemoaning the lack of comfort of aircraft seats) suggested that passengers should be required to be weighed on check in, economy for those checking in below a certain weight and another class with larger seat and more expensive for the self control challenged. Then economy should lose a row of seats in order to be made more comfortable. If you're thinking that this would result in a loss of some dignity when flying I'd ask you to tell me what dignity, compared to carrying your shoes, belt and half of your belongings out of security to try to get dressed with a small bench designed for six people. 

I don't think it will happen any time soon but I'd like to see a shake up of the current class system on planes. How can a little old lady weighing just more than air be hit with excess baggage charges with a 25kg bag when some 20 stone slob with a 23kg case waddles through without extra charge? I'm not having a go at obese people, they should go ahead and do what they want, obviously they do. I'm just saying that with the incredible expansion of waistlines these days the old system and old chairs are not up to it. 

Rather than simply move everything up a size to accommodate and therefore make everyone have to pay (less seats means they have to get the money from somewhere) how about we start making people responsible for their own irresponsibleness. crazy idea I know.

it's me glands

• Upvote 1

When someone uses a serrated knife to butter their toast.  Not only are there the usual detritus of burnt breadcrumbs in there, but now also loads of lines that annoy me.

that is inordinately annoying.  I'm getting annoyed now just thinking about it.

• Upvote 1

"Alright, mate, do you have these trainers in an 8?"

"We don't, but we have them in a 7 and a 9, if you'd like to give them a try?"

"Nah, you're alright, mate."- a response which loosely translates as 'Not much point because neither will fit.'

Shrinkflation gonna shrinkflate.

Ate a snickers bar yesterday. I'm sure they're about half as wide as they used to be. And they were called Marathon which is a far better name than snickers.

When they first changed over, one of my mates stopped eating them as, according to him, the name looked like it was short for smelly knickers. True story.

Been working hard this week and took it out of me, the wife works long days herself and was shattered this morning so we were both made the decision to bed early for a good nights kip tonight.

Our one year old is still a-fucking -wake. Obviously we're paying our child minder to let our kid sleep all day and we sit up all night with her.

Surely a quick flash across their face with your glove before pointing the way to the nearest heath for a dawn meet is the way to settle such matters.

Impertinent twats.

This would never happen if you took the sensible option and dealt only in Pringles.  Uniformly-shaped crisps and casual woollens.  What a company.

Nobheads in public pools doing front crawl like it is the fucking olympics. Went for a swim today and i go about 1/2 a mph doing breast stroke up and down up and down. Pool has mums with toddlers and a few handicapped lads with carers. Usually stuff so sometimes you have to dodge and weave a bit.

In comes this tosser starts doing from crawl full belt 1 length a a time. Splashing everyone like a fucking wave machine. Tit.

I do have sympathy with you there but I have the opposite problem.  I stopped going to the pool, despite the fact that I love swimming and need to exercise, because the two lanes that they rope off for people who just want to do lengths are full of people swimming so slowly that I literally have to just float behind them for about 4 of their strokes before I can do one.  I'm not on about crawl here either, this is breast stroke.  Crawl isn't possible.

I used to swim competitively as a kid (primarily breaststroke), I was training 5 days a week at one point then started doing lifesaving when I got bored with that, I was teaching people for the pool lifeguard exam at 16.  I'm 44 now, carrying weight and smoke Marlboro reds, but I can still swim like a fish because it's all about efficient technique and it's just ingrained after doing so much of it.  I'm not some sad cunt who thinks he's Michael Phelps when I go to the pool but I packed it in because as exercise it was completely worthless.  I was doing a mile (in over double the time it should have been taking me) and the only time my heart rate rose above resting was when I was fighting back the urge to drown someone in front of me.  There weren't even any milfs.

I can spend an hour not raising my heart rate by sitting on my arse in front of the telly and I don't have to walk a mile up a massive hill to the sports centre, get changed, risk having some baghead rob all my shit out of my locker, or walk around on a tiled floor that toddlers have been pissing on all day.  In fact the walk up that hill was way more exercise than I ever got in the pool, I'd have done better just walking there, turning round and fucking off - same exercise but much cheaper.

Point is if you want to get annoyed with somebody, don't get annoyed with the guy who is there for exactly the same reason you are, get annoyed with the fucking retard managers who insist on letting our public pools be filled up with people who are just there to twat about standing in the shallow end talking for 10 minutes and then swimming from the centre of the pool to the side thrashing their head around like they're having some kind of episode.

If they fucked all those clowns off into two lanes, which wouldn't affect them in the slightest (or better still just euthanised them) there would be room for actual swimmers of all ability levels to use the public sports facilities we pay for.

• Upvote 2

The state of men's public toilets.

Of course there is piss on the floor.

Of course the door doesn't lock.

Of course there aren't enough for everyone.

Of course there is no toilet roll.

Why would you complain about any of this, after being charged entry, ridiculous drink fees and knowing the female toilets are about 25X better? Are you a fanny?

I do have sympathy with you there but I have the opposite problem.  I stopped going to the pool, despite the fact that I love swimming and need to exercise, because the two lanes that they rope off for people who just want to do lengths are full of people swimming so slowly that I literally have to just float behind them for about 4 of their strokes before I can do one.  I'm not on about crawl here either, this is breast stroke.  Crawl isn't possible.

I used to swim competitively as a kid (primarily breaststroke), I was training 5 days a week at one point then started doing lifesaving when I got bored with that, I was teaching people for the pool lifeguard exam at 16.  I'm 44 now, carrying weight and smoke Marlboro reds, but I can still swim like a fish because it's all about efficient technique and it's just ingrained after doing so much of it.  I'm not some sad cunt who thinks he's Michael Phelps when I go to the pool but I packed it in because as exercise it was completely worthless.  I was doing a mile (in over double the time it should have been taking me) and the only time my heart rate rose above resting was when I was fighting back the urge to drown someone in front of me.  There weren't even any milfs.

I can spend an hour not raising my heart rate by sitting on my arse in front of the telly and I don't have to walk a mile up a massive hill to the sports centre, get changed, risk having some baghead rob all my shit out of my locker, or walk around on a tiled floor that toddlers have been pissing on all day.  In fact the walk up that hill was way more exercise than I ever got in the pool, I'd have done better just walking there, turning round and fucking off - same exercise but much cheaper.

Point is if you want to get annoyed with somebody, don't get annoyed with the guy who is there for exactly the same reason you are, get annoyed with the fucking retard managers who insist on letting our public pools be filled up with people who are just there to twat about standing in the shallow end talking for 10 minutes and then swimming from the centre of the pool to the side thrashing their head around like they're having some kind of episode.

If they fucked all those clowns off into two lanes, which wouldn't affect them in the slightest (or better still just euthanised them) there would be room for actual swimmers of all ability levels to use the public sports facilities we pay for.

Thats a very fair point and exactly the reason I won't swim in lanes. I do sympathise with you. Plus if you were in with us manatees I would get right out of your way if you were obviously a technically gifted swimmer. Problem with our pool is we are a tiny little town and v early morning and later evenings are reserved for the club members who not necessarily swim in the team but swim to a program and are good.

Does your local place not do that? You would fit right in by the sounds of it.

I went to Inverness Pool a few weeks ago and they have the fun pool with slides wave machine etc which is what I normally take the kids in plus through a corridor is this other competition pool, big thing in lanes. Ranging from fast medium slow and two lanes specifically for fast front crawl. It was brilliant.

I don't know were you live mate but surely there is one of these near you.

Major problem though as you say is fat slow people in lanes we have one in particular who lives in the place. She is that slow she would burn more calories walking around the fucking pool rather than assisted floating which is what she does.

• Upvote 1