You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Facebook has turned people mad

I know a girl who got a first in her degree and immediately phoned her mother. As you would do

As she was explaining the marks she received and how she was delighted to get a first. She could tell the recipient of the phone call was not really paying attention and this was confirmed when they asked them to repeat the degree and university name again

The mother was composing a Facebook post before the phone call had ended

It appears the parent hadn't bothered to ascertain the name of the child's course or even the university during the years they had studied there. However the moment Facebook likes were up for grabs they were all over it

3 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

I finished my degree this year.

Four people know my grade, and two of them only know by accident. 

Facebook generally just bugs the shit out of me, it seems like it's sole purpose is to rub other peoples face in your life being mint by lying through your teeth and trying to make the inane seem like "living my best life". 

Damn straight. I don’t post on there anymore. I change my profile pics every few months and that’s it. 

I have thousands and thousands of pics and videos of days out and holidays with the kids uploaded to Google Photos. I can and do look through them all the time. It’s one of Turdsette’s favourite things to do.

I don’t need the ‘likes’ anyway. I mean, look at my rep score. It’s obvious that I’m a hero to a lot of you that come on her to be fucked at. 

• Upvote 1

Came back from holiday in the early hours this morning and found that some ants are getting in the house. Can’t work out where they’re getting in and all I’ve got at hand is fly spray and bleach. Just gone mental near the front door with both. 

I need to go and buy ant killer powder tomorrow but she’s saying I can’t put it down because of the dog. I’d rather have the dog put down than have a load of ants in the hallway and running to the kitchen. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Came back from holiday in the early hours this morning and found that some ants are getting in the house. Can’t work out where they’re getting in and all I’ve got at hand is fly spray and bleach. Just gone mental near the front door with both. 

I need to go and buy ant killer powder tomorrow but she’s saying I can’t put it down because of the dog. I’d rather have the dog put down than have a load of ants in the hallway and running to the kitchen. 

Ant powder is shite. By an aerosol of Dethlac. If you can find the source spray it around there You can get it on Amazon for about a fiver. It works.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

50/50 mix of borax and icing sugar and make a thick paste with glycerine. Put it in old coke bottle lids or similar and they'll carry it back to the nest. The sugar attracts them, the borax kill them.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

There is that nippon stuff too. It works in a similar way to Evelyn's method,you put it on piece of paper/card or whatever and the ants are attracted to it and also take it back to their nest and kills them.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Liverpool lad said:

Facebook has turned people mad

I know a girl who got a first in her degree and immediately phoned her mother. As you would do

As she was explaining the marks she received and how she was delighted to get a first. She could tell the recipient of the phone call was not really paying attention and this was confirmed when they asked them to repeat the degree and university name again

The mother was composing a Facebook post before the phone call had ended

It appears the parent hadn't bothered to ascertain the name of the child's course or even the university during the years they had studied there. However the moment Facebook likes were up for grabs they were all over it

That's really fucked up.

47 minutes ago, Mook said:

Is there any greater pressure in the World than putting your shopping through the self service checkout as a queue forms behind you?

Or ignoring the murderous glares from the aforementioned queue as your flashing light waiting for your 4 Heineken to be accepted is ignored by the assistant who is on her phone.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

How did Mrs HL take the criticism on board ?

We're eating out mate, it's my Granddaughters birthday so we've all gone to the Fun Arena in Burscough.

It's the first time we've ever had a bad one to be fair.

Edit, they've replaced the breakfast and given me a £20 refund with an apology.

This one's much better.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Is there any greater pressure in the World than putting your shopping through the self service checkout as a queue forms behind you?

There's no need to be pressured providing you aren't some twat using every coupon you can find and then taking ages to dig out your change to pay.

26 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Or ignoring the murderous glares from the aforementioned queue as your flashing light waiting for your 4 Heineken to be accepted is ignored by the assistant who is on her phone.

You dont seem to get queues for the Asda scan & go terminals like you do for the self service or check out assistants. Weird that!

20 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Having to send your cooked breakfast back because your sausages aren't cooked properly and your egg is overdone as is your bacon.

Should have posted it on the breakfast thread. We've seen worse, far worse.

Back when I was a daily commuter in London, I basically hated everyone sharing a train carriage with me. The ones I hated the most were the cunts who would try to get on the train while I was leaving. That's the standard etiquette, you let people off the train first before trying to board. People violating that unwritten rule are the scum of humanity. And then there are the cocksuckers that get on a train with a big backpack or rucksack on their back, which they don't bother taking off. Totally oblivious to everyone while the giant piece of shit strapped to their back takes up all the room, and bumping into me. I used to fantasise about using the straps of their rucksack to choke the motherfucking life out of them while other passengers cheered.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

We're eating out mate, it's my Granddaughters birthday so we've all gone to the Fun Arena in Burscough.

It's the first time we've ever had a bad one to be fair.

Edit, they've replaced the breakfast and given me a £20 refund with an apology.

This one's much better.

I don't know what it is, I've never heard of it but the Fun Arena in Burscough sounds horrendous.