You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

This one’s been said before but people who just call round without warning.

Some fucker friend of the wife, who she hasn’t seen or had any contact with in about five years, has turned up at the door with two of her ugly and morose teenagers. 

I was just about to make my kids tea, then think about ours, but I’ll have to wait until they fuck off now. They’ve gone in the garden, I’ve said hello but then gone back inside. I’ll get a bollocking for this later, even though I barely know the cunts. My youngest has been forced to engage as well, he hates this kind of shit even more than me.

I’m anxious and livid at the same time. 

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Some fucker friend of the wife, who she hasn’t seen or had any contact with in about five years, has turned up at the door with two of her ugly and morose teenagers. 

I was just about to make my kids tea, then think about ours, but I’ll have to wait until they fuck off now. They’ve gone in the garden, I’ve said hello but then gone back inside. I’ll get a bollocking for this later, even though I barely know the cunts. My youngest has been forced to engage as well, he hates this kind of shit even more than me.

I hate people just popping in. 

If they really liked me they wouldn't bother. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Nightmare scenario that. I'd completely ignore the cunts, they wouldn't show up again.

• Upvote 2

On 03/08/2022 at 19:52, John102 said:

On the back of this young lad Archie Batersbee, I'm reminded that it annoys me when people feel they can ignore various doctors and years of medical training because 'a mother knows'.

Alfies army

I had a family member say I didn't understand as I don't have children 

I had to explain that fertilising a woman does not mean you can go against the advice of countless medical professionals. It just doesn't equate 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, redinblack said:

Never happens with me. Not sure why.

My Mother in Law used to do this, call in at anytime, sometimes 3 or 4 times a week she even has a key and just let's herself and her dog in and walks straight in the kitchen and knock the kettle on. The dog thing annoys me as we have cats who get distressed and she let's the dog climb up on the settee.

I just used to not talk to her, either go out or go to another room, she definitely got the message as she asked the wife if she'd done anything to upset me.

Covid was a blessing in disguise and since then her visits are far less frequent, maybe once a month.

3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

My Mother in Law used to do this, call in at anytime, sometimes 3 or 4 times a week she even has a key and just let's herself and her dog in and walks straight in the kitchen and knock the kettle on. The dog thing annoys me as we have cats who get distressed and she let's the dog climb up on the settee.

I just used to not talk to her, either go out or go to another room, she definitely got the message as she asked the wife if she'd done anything to upset me.

Covid was a blessing in disguise and since then her visits are far less frequent, maybe once a month.

My MiL does this as well. I think it’s a her side of the family thing. They all do it from time to time. Most annoyingly they seem to schedule these unannounced visits for when the wife isn’t home leaving me to make small talk (which I’m appalling at) until they get bored and leave. 

I wouldn’t mind so much but none of them like me anyway. They find my lack of DIY interest and ability vomit inducing. I’m basically sub human in their eyes because I don’t know how to put a shelf up.  

I live within a ten minute drive of two of my three sisters, one brother, my mother, and the majority of my closest friends. In the seven years we’ve lived in this house, not one of them has ever dropped by unannounced. I should really get round to showing my appreciation for this. 

• Upvote 1

Her brother does it. Most of the times it's with his two boys, just turns up unannounced and the kids come in and get every toy out of the cupboard my missus has got for her nieces and nephews. He stands there talking about himself for half an hour then they just get off leaving the place a state, jigsaw and lego pieces everywhere. 

A while back he turned up on a sunday without warning, no kids just him. My missus told him she'd just ran herself a bath and he basically ignored her and sat down, stayed for 40 minutes then left bang on 3pm. Her mum lives in the next street, turns out she'd told him she would cook him a roast but had to nip out and will be back for 3 but he'd already left his so just came and sat in ours. We hardly have anything in common (him being a blue) so it's hard work for 5 minutes with the fucker let alone anything longer. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

833BA7D9-9E5F-4F88-A3B1-45A5F452DA79.jpeg

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Her brother does it. Most of the times it's with his two boys, just turns up unannounced and the kids come in and get every toy out of the cupboard my missus has got for her nieces and nephews. He stands there talking about himself for half an hour then they just get off leaving the place a state, jigsaw and lego pieces everywhere. 

A while back he turned up on a sunday without warning, no kids just him. My missus told him she'd just ran herself a bath and he basically ignored her and sat down, stayed for 40 minutes then left bang on 3pm. Her mum lives in the next street, turns out she'd told him she would cook him a roast but had to nip out and will be back for 3 but he'd already left his so just came and sat in ours. We hardly have anything in common (him being a blue) so it's hard work for 5 minutes with the fucker let alone anything longer. 

Ca93LJdWIAMCNr9.jpg

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Get it bummed!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Liverpool lad said:

Alfies army

I had a family member say I didn't understand as I don't have children 

I had to explain that fertilising a woman does not mean you can go against the advice of countless medical professionals. It just doesn't equate 

I understand her fighting for her sons life, that's just a parent being a parent.

I don't understand dragging the lads case through every court in the land due to religious beliefs and / or the belief that 'a mother knows'!

I also don't understand her now (I believe) trying to sue the hospital, she's looking like a right cunt.

Go home, mourn your boy, never forget him.

They should have let her move him to a hospice (at her own risk) though IMHO.

The stepson, his leech of a wife who's a massive hypochondriac, her insufferably fucking rude daughter and the germ infested little cunt of a grandson often give us a ten second warning when they appear at ours. Usually just as I'm about to start work on a model plane or go on my decks, thus negating the fun activity I had planned in order to sit there and listen to brats have a screaming contest and the latest illness the daughter in law has acquired for usually around two hours.

7 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

My MiL does this as well. I think it’s a her side of the family thing. They all do it from time to time. Most annoyingly they seem to schedule these unannounced visits for when the wife isn’t home leaving me to make small talk (which I’m appalling at) until they get bored and leave. 

I wouldn’t mind so much but none of them like me anyway. They find my lack of DIY interest and ability vomit inducing. I’m basically sub human in their eyes because I don’t know how to put a shelf up.  

I live within a ten minute drive of two of my three sisters, one brother, my mother, and the majority of my closest friends. In the seven years we’ve lived in this house, not one of them has ever dropped by unannounced. I should really get round to showing my appreciation for this. 

SparseEnviousDotterel-max-1mb.gif

• Upvote 2

On 09/08/2022 at 10:39, manwiththestick said:

OMG! (Is that acceptable on here?) I can feel my anxiety levels rising just reading that

Fucking led bulbs or rather the luminosity from them. Before leds, you knew what you were getting, a 40 watt bulb was for minimal lighting, 60 watt did most rooms and 100 watt was like extra bright.

Although the leds have a comparision chart, 60 watt equals about 800 lumins etc. Ive just had to swap out two 60 watt R80 bathroom bulbs for the 800 lumin led equivalents. It's now like taking a shower under floodlights the fuckers are so bright!

On 09/08/2022 at 12:08, Preston Red said:

The stepson, his leech of a wife who's a massive hypochondriac, her insufferably fucking rude daughter and the germ infested little cunt of a grandson often give us a ten second warning when they appear at ours. Usually just as I'm about to start work on a model plane or go on my decks, thus negating the fun activity I had planned in order to sit there and listen to brats have a screaming contest and the latest illness the daughter in law has acquired for usually around two hours.

Quite the contrast in hobbies that.

18 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Books with.

And they all lived happily ever after..type endings.

Part of me thinks the world needs more of this. Place is fucking grim right now. Everyone watching serial killer stuff on netflix etc. I'm glad I haven't got long to go. There is no happy ever after it seems. 

• Upvote 1