You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Shit WiFi in prison. 

I’ve watched a lot of prison dramas and one thing I’ve learnt there is invariably a man sized sewage pipe somewhere in the basement that goes unimpeded directly under the walls to a nearby stream. Find that and you’ll be free within days. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’ve watched a lot of prison dramas and one thing I’ve learnt there is invariably a man sized sewage pipe somewhere in the basement that goes unimpeded directly under the walls to a nearby stream. Find that and you’ll be free within days. 

It's not a sewage pipe in the dramas I watch, it tends to be a well-lit, well-ventilated pipe with at worst a trickle of clean water, but big enough to have a place in a hydroelectric facility. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Or catacombs 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

Or a big thing with fire and wheels that Sean Connery can easily master.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John102 said:

On the back of this young lad Archie Batersbee, I'm reminded that it annoys me when people feel they can ignore various doctors and years of medical training because 'a mother knows'.

I see where you're coming from but what an awful position for a childs parents to find themselves in. 

A parent's job is to look after their child's best interests until all possibilities have been exhausted and tragically that's where they have been for a while from what I have read.

I think these people in Japan and Turkey are giving them false hope because there is no possible recovery from brain stem death, and with that in mind it's time to let the lad go in peace and dignity. 

Far easier said than done though for what must be a living  nightmare for them with all sense of reasoning lost. Poor sods.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I see where you're coming from but what an awful position for a childs parents to find themselves in. 

A parent's job is to look after their child's best interests until all possibilities have been exhausted and tragically that's where they have been for a while from what I have read.

I think these people in Japan and Turkey are giving them false hope because there is no possible recovery from brain stem death, and with that in mind it's time to let the lad go in peace and dignity. 

Far easier said than done though for what must be a living  nightmare for them with all sense of reasoning lost. Poor sods.

Oh aye, I cant really fault the parents or those involved, particularly when they are getting encouragement from others with an agenda, as you say. It's more people on twitter and the like who say it.

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Yes, shady religious groups pushing these cases in the main. The Alder Hey one a few years back was ridiculous with doctors getting death threats.

BBQs and bouncy castles in the fucking street outside. That got out of hand. Parents should always fight for their kids mind. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Hate them, you'd need a degree in engineering to get ours to work over wifi. Thank god for generic ink cartridges though, the price gouging twats.

Alan Turing would struggle to work out some of the errors that you get on them. 

I never used to mind food shopping, bit annoying at times, but kind of satisfying to get everything out the way in 45 minutes. Now though, it's just an absolute shitshow. Prices are ridiculous, loads of things are either out of stock or have really short dates, people seem a lot arsier than before and there's never enough staff on so there's big queues stretching down the aisles- using the shit automated tills isn't an option as they constantly seem to error. It's a microcosm of the depressingly shit state of this broken, fucked-up country.

• Upvote 2

On 03/08/2022 at 19:43, Bjornebye said:

Fuckers in these. Especially the even bigger fuckers who slide there feet across the floor as they walk acting all lazy and shit fucking scruffy twats wake up 

amazon-sliders-z.jpg

You can fuck off. They're like walking on clouds you fucking nonce. 

On 03/08/2022 at 19:43, Bjornebye said:

Fuckers in these. Especially the even bigger fuckers who slide there feet across the floor as they walk acting all lazy and shit fucking scruffy twats wake up 

amazon-sliders-z.jpg

32 minutes ago, Bot said:

You can fuck off. They're like walking on clouds you fucking nonce. 

They're actual footwear? They're like something off a fucking Barbie doll.

I'd have to be in my box for someone to put them on me and even then I'd come back and haunt them.