You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

How can my office be empty yet everytime I go to the toilet, someone is in there taking a shite?

I can't stand being in the same room as someone who is shitting so end up running to another floor to take my piss. Does my head in.

• Upvote 2

I went the dentist this morning to have prep work done for a crown on one of my back teeth. 

I had to have a cast done so they can make the crown and when the dentist tried to remove it it was stuck fast.

It took what seemed like ages to get it out of my gob, it's a wonder I've still got any fillings and it feels like I've been smacked in the jaw.

Talking about fillings, the dentist fitted a temporary one to protect the tooth until the crown comes next Thursday.

Temporary is right. The bloody thing came out a couple of hours later and they can't fit me in to replace it until tomorrow.

I've been bombarding it with Orajel to try and settle it down. Dental pain is a nightmare. Pissed off that I have to put up with it until tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I went the dentist this morning to have prep work done for a crown on one of my back teeth. 

I had to have a cast done so they can make the crown and when the dentist tried to remove it it was stuck fast.

It took what seemed like ages to get it out of my gob, it's a wonder I've still got any fillings and it feels like I've been smacked in the jaw.

Talking about fillings, the dentist fitted a temporary one to protect the tooth until the crown comes next Thursday.

Temporary is right. The bloody thing came out a couple of hours later and they can't fit me in to replace it until tomorrow.

I've been bombarding it with Orajel to try and settle it down. Dental pain is a nightmare. Pissed off that I have to put up with it until tomorrow.

Ha, I went the dentist this morning and all. Chipped my tooth weeks ago and her mate is a dentist so she put a filling in for me. She's done a cracking job and all. 

But yes, dental pain is the worst. Good luck

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

I swear by oil of cloves

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

We usually use Anbesol which I think is basically oil of cloves. Good stuff, but they didn't have any in the chemists. 

This Orajel is ok, but doesn't seem to last very long.

Thought you said anusol there 

Dont tend to watch much tennis but watched a bit the other night-

2 annoying things-

1.Why do the ball boys/girls try and run at 100mph and then stand to attention like a robot when retrieving the ball- which is completely at odds with the player who just struts about bouncing a ball looking cool   

2. Why do Tennis nets sag in the middle? Cant be that hard, they look like they havent been tightened properly  

18 minutes ago, Dave D said:

2 annoying things-

1.Why do the ball boys/girls try and run at 100mph and then stand to attention like a robot when retrieving the ball- which is completely at odds with the player who just struts about bouncing a ball looking cool   

2. Why do Tennis nets sag in the middle? Cant be that hard, they look like they havent been tightened properly  

The official rules of tennis state that the middle of a tennis net must be three feet tall, which is slightly lower than the poles that hold it up. The reason for a slight sag in the center is for gameplay. Ultimately, a lower-middle makes it the easiest part of the net to get over, while the sides are considered harder since the net is taller there. This invites strategy and development of skill into the game

I know nothing about tennis but remember some commentators talking about the different net height 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

2 annoying things-

Not enough net spend.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The official rules of tennis state that the middle of a tennis net must be three feet tall, which is slightly lower than the poles that hold it up. The reason for a slight sag in the center is for gameplay. Ultimately, a lower-middle makes it the easiest part of the net to get over, while the sides are considered harder since the net is taller there. This invites strategy and development of skill into the game

I know nothing about tennis but remember some commentators talking about the different net height 

Sound like a dodgy tennis net supplier used that as a rubbish excuse once and it stuck!  

Ummmm...yes......its meant to be like that....because...umm...it makes it harder to play on the sides.....

....get the gear in the van sharpish, we're off!  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dave D said:

Sound like a dodgy tennis net supplier used that as a rubbish excuse once and it stuck!  

Ummmm...yes......its meant to be like that....because...umm...it makes it harder to play on the sides.....

....get the gear in the van sharpish, we're off!  

No sag on a table tennis net. Just saying.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dave D said:

2 annoying things-

3, Why do they have to do a slo mo of the players clenching their fist and opening their gobs in celebration.

4, Why does the crowd have to do that stupid fucking clap while a call is being checked whether a shot is in or out.

• Upvote 2

On 29/06/2022 at 18:33, Clem H Fandango said:

Partner: I've forgot to get a birthday card for you.

Me: it's ok, they are a rip-off anyway.

Also me: cries inside "bitch".

Never got one birthday day card yesterday for the first time but i got a few bevvies bought for me so all was not lost  just when i was beginning to think that my gravestone might as well say nobody knows ive gone.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Never got one birthday day card yesterday for the first time but i got a few bevvies bought for me so all was not lost  just when i was beginning to think that my gravestone might as well say nobody knows ive gone.

Happy birthday for yesterday, mate.

4 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Happy belated birthday. 

4 hours ago, easytoslip said:

A belated Happy Birthday mate.

5 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Aw, shit. Well happy birthday for yesterday anyway, hope you had a good time.

16 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

3, Why do they have to do a slo mo of the players clenching their fist and opening their gobs in celebration.

4, Why does the crowd have to do that stupid fucking clap while a call is being checked whether a shot is in or out.

'Because they're cunts' seems to answer both of those questions.