You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

My new trainers have developed a squeak in the right shoe. Really annoys me, particularly when walking into a shop that's dead silent. End up doing a Douglas Bader impression to try stopping it.

I had that with a pair of work shoes a while back. We were in the back of one of those shite open plan offices and the walk to the kitchen or bog seemed to take hours with this stupid squeaking noise following me all the way.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bernard Diomede said:

Trying to get the plastic off a new bottle of mouth wash. Fucking bastards. A new bottle is always needed on the morning I am running late without fail. 

Is right, i nearly stabbed myself in the hand with the scissors trying to get the bastard plastic off. 

3 hours ago, Bernard Diomede said:

Trying to get the plastic off a new bottle of mouth wash. Fucking bastards. A new bottle is always needed on the morning I am running late without fail. 

It took 3 of us to get into a bottle of cooking oil the other day.

Here is an idea.

Let's create packaging where its virtually impossible to open the product. 

Why do women hate seeing you with nothing to do. Sit down looking chilled enjoying a cup of tea watching Liverpool content and I know the second she sees me she will insta summon something that needs doing and if its not done immediately its a case of "I'll do it myself" in the most clichéd act of passive aggression that exists in domestic situations. Just give it a fucking rest women its our day off, it's the morning and I was momentarily content and happy.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Why do women hate seeing you with nothing to do. Sit down looking chilled enjoying a cup of tea watching Liverpool content and I know the second she sees me she will insta summon something that needs doing and if its not done immediately its a case of "I'll do it myself" in the most clichéd act of passive aggression that exists in domestic situations. Just give it a fucking rest women its our day off, it's the morning and I was momentarily content and happy.

This has been the spark for many a row.

The wife is a ‘doer’. Can’t sit still, always on the go. I’m very much a reflector, I like to sit and think. I’m also a lazy bastard so she often does have a point.

Not always though, I run my own business so I’m often thinking about that. Strategising if you will. She always assumes I’m just sat doing nothing and feels the need to say something.

Pisses me right off whether she’s right or wrong. Sometimes a man just needs to sit.  

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Mike D said:

Had a Ring door bell fitted about 6 months ago yet people still knock with the letterbox.

Hell yes, people knocking on the door when I have a perfectly good doorbell is pretty near the top of the list of things that annoy me. It's a massive button right next to the door, completely unmissable you would think. But to delivery drivers it seems to possess magical powers of invisibility.

Sometimes when I answer the door I'll 'test' the doorbell right in front of them. "Oh, it does still work" I say.

• Upvote 1

My youngest plays in a football team. Last night we hosted an end of season barbecue, few awards, present for the coach etc. one of the dads came along, drank a lot of my beers, ate a load if food then told me “in confidence “ that his son was leaving us to play for our rivals next season. Wanker. 

9 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

My youngest plays in a football team. Last night we hosted an end of season barbecue, few awards, present for the coach etc. one of the dads came along, drank a lot of my beers, ate a load if food then told me “in confidence “ that his son was leaving us to play for our rivals next season. Wanker. 

Was he an Egyptian named Salah?

23 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

An absolute cunts trick that. I hope some of his barbecue was undercooked

On 14/05/2022 at 11:28, Bobby Hundreds said:

100%.

Spent ages over winter getting my room sorted for my hobbies.

God forbid I want to spend time in there...

Anyone, male or female in any service job; referring to groups of people as “guys” - regardless of the genders of said groups. Just. Fucking. Stop. Yet another American-ism creeping into and blighting our lives. So fucking irritating..

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

Anyone, male or female in any service job; referring to groups of people as “guys” - regardless of the genders of said groups. Just. Fucking. Stop. Yet another American-ism creeping into and blighting our lives. So fucking irritating..

Mrs RiB gets extremely testy over this, and isnt slow in telling them.

29 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

You get told to have a good day for just buying a pint of milk or a kitkat

3 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Getting told to park up at the Maccies drive through (notice the correct spelling) and either part of your order is missing/wrong or it's stone cold, or both.

That happened to me once and they gave me the fucking controller Al used in Quantum Leap. They also missed half the order. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Le Duan said:

In emails is ok though, isn't it? Isn't it?