You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

On 27/04/2022 at 12:23, A Red said:

I'm quite pleased with the ones we're having put down, interestingly they

...drone....drone etc

20220415_190923.jpg

I'd have bought normal flags and spent the money on a tile roof if I'm honest.  Looks like that thing will blow right off in a breeze.

• Upvote 2

On 24/04/2022 at 14:45, Paulie Dangerously said:

Getting asked to give to charity every 5 minutes. Seems that whenever I purchase anything online there a request to donate to a charity. If I have to use a self check out at the supermarket it asks me if I want to donate to something or other. Every adverts seem to come with a charity ask. Walking round town there's the chuggers. 

Times are hard and people give what they can, if they can. It just seems to be a bombardment at the minute. 

“We don’t do charity in Germany. We pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments’ responsibilities."

- Henning Wehn.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Old people in coffee shops and eateries. I can't work out whether I admire it or hate it, but they have a habit of asking for things the place doesn't have.

If I go into a cafe and they don't have, say carrot cake displayed with the cakes, I'll assume they don't have it and ask for something else.

Not an old person though.

Have you got any carrot cake?

No.

Why not?

It's all gone.

Why? 

Someone ate it.

Sigh.

Do you want something else?

You sure you've got no carrot cake?

No.

Sigh.

Barbara, they've got no carrot cake. 

Why?

Someone had it apparently.

Well isn't there more?

Apparently not 

Sigh 

In Southsea there is a lovely cafe on the Seafront next to the pitch and putt. It's tucked away and in a really nice area so nearly always a nice quant breakfast experience. Not this fucking day it wasn't. Two women in their 30's and one of their kids in-front of me. They have a massive display with some of the finest, exciting looking homemade cakes you can imagine. Really lovely stuff that they are very proud of.

One of them had little marshmallows on however the kid wanted the honeycomb cake. However he wanted it with little marshmallows on it. The woman said they haven't got any in the back "well can you take some off that cake and put it on his" the mum says then rolls her eyes and carries on talking to her mate. "I'm sorry but I can't take them off that cake as it will ruin it but you can buy a slice of each and do what you want with the marshmallows" by this point the kid is full throttle kicking off, crying shouting pulling on his mum who has now lost her temper and instead of telling the spoilt little cunt chops to shut his fucking noise she shouts over to the woman at the till and asks her why she can't just have the marshmallows. By now everyone's quaint breakfast experience is in fucking tatters because the kid is screaming (not crying, screaming like a banshee clearly not used to being told no) the woman at the till says exactly the same as the poor cake girl which agitates the mum even more.

All this while I'm stood behind, hungover and now really fucking wound up. I caught my birds eye at our table and she's mouthing "don't please don't" because I was about to tell the fucking bitch to do one. They eventually shout forget it and spin round and head out of the place. You could still hear the kid shouting for about a minute as they marched off up the road. Poor old people just popped out for a cup of tea and a slice of cake with their friend and this group of cunts ruin it just because little fucking timmy can't get his own way. The levels of rage that built in me have almost come back just typing this and remembering the bratty little fucking prick. Hardfaced bastards. 

Whole Cakes | Southsea | The Tenth Hole Tearooms

39 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

In Southsea there is a lovely cafe on the Seafront next to the pitch and putt. It's tucked away and in a really nice area so nearly always a nice quant breakfast experience. Not this fucking day it wasn't. Two women in their 30's and one of their kids in-front of me. They have a massive display with some of the finest, exciting looking homemade cakes you can imagine. Really lovely stuff that they are very proud of.

One of them had little marshmallows on however the kid wanted the honeycomb cake. However he wanted it with little marshmallows on it. The woman said they haven't got any in the back "well can you take some off that cake and put it on his" the mum says then rolls her eyes and carries on talking to her mate. "I'm sorry but I can't take them off that cake as it will ruin it but you can buy a slice of each and do what you want with the marshmallows" by this point the kid is full throttle kicking off, crying shouting pulling on his mum who has now lost her temper and instead of telling the spoilt little cunt chops to shut his fucking noise she shouts over to the woman at the till and asks her why she can't just have the marshmallows. By now everyone's quaint breakfast experience is in fucking tatters because the kid is screaming (not crying, screaming like a banshee clearly not used to being told no) the woman at the till says exactly the same as the poor cake girl which agitates the mum even more.

All this while I'm stood behind, hungover and now really fucking wound up. I caught my birds eye at our table and she's mouthing "don't please don't" because I was about to tell the fucking bitch to do one. They eventually shout forget it and spin round and head out of the place. You could still hear the kid shouting for about a minute as they marched off up the road. Poor old people just popped out for a cup of tea and a slice of cake with their friend and this group of cunts ruin it just because little fucking timmy can't get his own way. The levels of rage that built in me have almost come back just typing this and remembering the bratty little fucking prick. Hardfaced bastards. 

Should have got Miss Blennerhassett to call the police.

Withnail and I: Cult classic turns 30 - BBC News

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Furmedge said:

I'd have bought normal flags and spent the money on a tile roof if I'm honest.  Looks like that thing will blow right off in a breeze.

Yes it would have been nice to have a proper roof, windows and tiles covering the patio but we aint fucking made of money.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm glad you've picked an establishment that serves beans. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I could actually imagine your typing getting more high pitched the further you went into that story.

Just now, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I could actually imagine your typing getting more high pitched the further you went into that story.

Hahaha you're not wrong. I could picture him lying in the road after being flattened by a bus by the time I got to the end the little cunt 

On 24/04/2022 at 14:45, Paulie Dangerously said:

Getting asked to give to charity every 5 minutes. Seems that whenever I purchase anything online there a request to donate to a charity. If I have to use a self check out at the supermarket it asks me if I want to donate to something or other. Every adverts seem to come with a charity ask. Walking round town there's the chuggers. 

Times are hard and people give what they can, if they can. It just seems to be a bombardment at the minute. 

This annoyed me at Tesco over the weekend. The self checkout asked me if I wanted to round up my purchase to the nearest pound, with the 80p proceeds going to their Ukraine donation fund. You see the Yes and No options on the screen but it doesn't let you select No, and I couldn't see any other way of navigating away from that screen so I ended up going with Yes anyway. OK it isn't a massive amount but it's the lack of choice being forced upon people that isn't right about the whole process.

4 minutes ago, Trumo said:

This annoyed me at Tesco over the weekend. The self checkout asked me if I wanted to round up my purchase to the nearest pound, with the 80p proceeds going to their Ukraine donation fund. You see the Yes and No options on the screen but it doesn't let you select No, and I couldn't see any other way of navigating away from that screen so I ended up going with Yes anyway. OK it isn't a massive amount but it's the lack of choice being forced upon people that isn't right about the whole process.

Not seen this before but totally get you. It’s not a lot of money to many people but to a few they are trying to save every little bit they can. It happens in the petrol station by ours (think it’s a 25p donation) but there must have been that many people annoyed by this that the cashier automatically presses ‘no’ before giving you the machine.

I’ve posted this before but our kids will open a can of soft drink, take a few sips so they’ve drunk about 1/3rd and then leave the rest to go flat so a few hours later they open another one.  To thwart this, I took to buying smaller mini cans but they have subconsciously reacted by reducing their consumption so they still only drink 1/3rd of albeit a smaller amount. Drives me fucking insane. 

• Upvote 2

House insurance has gone up by a 1/3.  Asked why as we've never made a claim.

An increase at Renewal means our underwriters are rating higher on the variable information in your policy than they were last year.

They keep statistics relating to the full home postcode when calculating premiums, so we can rate on the entire area you live in and charge enough to cover forecast claims based on this.

So, because, "Fuck you!" basically then. People in my area? Getthefuckouttahere! Charge me what I should be charged you robbing motherfuckers. 

Young lovers who frolic in public.

I get that, due to years of Tory rule, you probably can’t afford your own place for frolicking but please take it up an alley, behind some bins, or clamber into some rhododendron bushes. 

You might only have been holding hands but we all know where that leads when you’re young, confident and attractive.

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

House insurance has gone up by a 1/3.  Asked why as we've never made a claim.

So, because, "Fuck you!" basically then. People in my area? Getthefuckouttahere! Charge me what I should be charged you robbing motherfuckers. 

We had that with Direct Line. We'd been with them for years and always got decent prices, then first the car insurance, and then their home insurance premiums went through the roof, pretty much tripling. Bizarre, so we fucked them off and got much better renewals elsewhere.

4 hours ago, redinblack said:

People sending me excel or word documents who dont synch up the font, so parts of it are Arial and other parts Calibri.

No jury would ever convict me.

Inconsistent formatting of any kind is unacceptable in anyway.

It's up there with thinking Comic Sans is acceptable.

3 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

Inconsistent formatting of any kind is unacceptable in anyway.

It's up there with thinking Comic Sans is acceptable.

Its lack of attention to detail and sloppy execution. It makes you doubt the content, they just threw it together.