You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

On 21/04/2022 at 07:39, littletedwest said:

Chemists. Every chemist you walk into has about fifty people in the back, they know you're there but non even the courtesy to say "not be a minute".After about an hour someone comes out and quizzes you as if your trying to buy opium when all you want is some Co codamol.

We get a repeat prescription for my daughter, yet every time we go to our chemist with it they've never got it in stock, look at me surprised and say they hardly have it in and have to order it to be delivered to them. The clue is in the word 'repeat'.

7 minutes ago, Furmedge said:

Yeah, no worries. Just log on when you can too, no pressure.

I wasn't actually taking the piss there.

I'm currently still self employed and studying full time as well, but as long as I can do the work from home I'm actually looking to try and get a job as I'm changing how I do my self employed side of things which means that would require a lot less effort and free me up to do something else. Plus I need a bit of a cash injection, because as the government saw fit to provide zero support to a lot of smaller businesses/self employed my savings have dropped considerably. 

7 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

I wasn't actually taking the piss there.

I'm currently still self employed and studying full time as well, but as long as I can do the work from home I'm actually looking to try and get a job as I'm changing how I do my self employed side of things which means that would require a lot less effort and free me up to do something else. Plus I need a bit of a cash injection, because as the government saw fit to provide zero support to a lot of smaller businesses/self employed my savings have dropped considerably. 

Ah, there is flexibility in working arrangements but you'd be expected to attend contract meetings on site a few days a week. I live around 15 minutes from the office so I stay home unless I'm needed, so a typical day would be logging on around 7am, heading into the office about 10am for one or two meetings, then shooting back home around 2pm to work until I finish. I may get to stay home all day maybe once a week, twice if I'm lucky.

2 minutes ago, Furmedge said:

Ah, there is flexibility in working arrangements but you'd be expected to attend contract meetings on site a few days a week. I live around 15 minutes from the office so I stay home unless I'm needed, so a typical day would be logging on around 7am, heading into the office about 10am for one or two meetings, then shooting back home around 2pm to work until I finish. I may get to stay home all day maybe once a week, twice if I'm lucky.

That doesn't sound too bad, but I really want to avoid moving from up here.

With all of the storage I have for the car stuff it really stuffs me for moving. As soon as you factor in parking that lot up it means moving anywhere becomes very uncomical. 

Where I live isn't all that nice, but I am mortgage/debt free, so although my life is a bit shit financially overall right now I don't need all that much to keep myself afloat. 

Fucking hell, woke up this morning feeling shit and Ive got the lurghy (no, not that one).

Dont know whether Ive caught it from my mate who'd given it to his wife and when she was talking to me before we went to L4 on Tuesday or, a bit of a chill after doing a near 25 mile bike ride on Wednesday. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking hell, woke up this morning feeling shit and Ive got the lurghy (no, not that one).

Dont know whether Ive caught it from my mate who'd given it to his wife and when she was talking to me before we went to L4 on Tuesday or, a bit of a chill after doing a near 25 mile bike ride on Wednesday. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

You might of got it from the toilet seat, it could of jumped and grabbed your meat, nothing a Beechams Powder won't sort out. 

• Upvote 1

Morons at shopping tills that act all suprised when they have to get their wallet, card or phone to pay. 

Stop holding the fucking queue up,you've been to a shop a million times before. You know the drill, you pay for the stuff you buy. It's nothing knew, so at least be some what prepared ffs 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, easytoslip said:

You might of got it from the toilet seat, it could of jumped and grabbed your meat, nothing a Beechams Powder won't sort out. 

Not sure Beechams Powder will do much for the toilet seat. Flash or Domestos, yes.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It doesn't annoy me but it's a thread isn't it, currently in Warrington lots of Subaru imprezas and fat willy surf shack t shirts.

Back to the Future was written after Robert Zemeckis visited Warrington. It’s 1999 there all the time. The only thing missing today is Mr Smiths. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It was always full of top birds Warrington, no idea what the explanation was, maybe the American air force gene pool, but they were usually both sound and fit.

I agree with this. Mr Smiths back in the day was great for pulling locals, I've worked with a couple of girls from Warrington who were stunning and both had American grandparents in their lineage.