You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

37 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

You’re back on the bins.

In our house there’s a strong division between pink and blue jobs, the latter seemingly anything either involving dirt, dealing with builders or where you need to use a tool. Pink jobs seem to be researching holidays, discussing soft furnishings and covert attempts to turn up the central heating. 

That’s not far off my situation, except I’m the one that blasts the heating up. “Give it something to aim for”

We use the blue jobs and pink jobs saying too. But I do almost all the pink ones and then when there’s man stuff to do I ring her dad who lives over the road. 

• Upvote 1

We've had her niece and nephew this morning and they've been good as gold right up until the last 20 minutes. They knew they were going home at 3 so have absolutely battered each other, screamed the place down, pulled every toy out of the cupboard, started demanding drinks, goes on the phone, arguing over what to put on the tv despite being half way through a film. My ears are ringing. Now It's "I don't wanna go" at the top of their voices, crying and the lad point blank refusing to put his trainers on. 

Still love them but fuck me kids can be hard work. She wants to start trying for one... well we have been but honest I reckon I could go through life never having any. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

We've had her niece and nephew this morning and they've been good as gold right up until the last 20 minutes. They knew they were going home at 3 so have absolutely battered each other, screamed the place down, pulled every toy out of the cupboard, started demanding drinks, goes on the phone, arguing over what to put on the tv despite being half way through a film. My ears are ringing. Now It's "I don't wanna go" at the top of their voices, crying and the lad point blank refusing to put his trainers on. 

Still love them but fuck me kids can be hard work. She wants to start trying for one... well we have been but honest I reckon I could go through life never having any. 

Yeah you've had them for a morning. Factor in early morning, not being able to shit in peace, expensive kid orientated holidays that's just the surface. 

But yes the disclaimer that I wouldn't change them for the world or even 3 freddos

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Yeah you've had them for a morning. Factor in early morning, not being able to shit in peace, expensive kid orientated holidays that's just the surface. 

But yes the disclaimer that I wouldn't change them for the world or even 3 freddos

Haha! I imagine the kids cost less these days 

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

My boy is off to Uni this summer and the bins have been his job for ages. 

It’s pretty upsetting. He’s swanning off to make a better life for himself, when he could stay here and live on his £15 a week pocket money on top of his weekend job at a supermarket.  

Ambitious little bastard. 

Kids these days…they don’t know they’re born 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Kids are hard work, no doubt. 

Giving the wife her two boys is pretty much the only worthwhile thing I’ve done in my life. The only thing that really matters anyway. 

She was meant to be a mother and I at least helped with that. 

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

My eldest is 17 years and 4 months old on Monday!

I have been tired constantly for 17 years and 4 months on Monday!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Kids are hard work, no doubt. 

Giving the wife her two boys is pretty much the only worthwhile thing I’ve done in my life. The only thing that really matters anyway. 

She was meant to be a mother and I at least helped with that. 

And you posted that picture of the woman in the white dress. Give yourself credit where it’s due. Your brief time on the planet meant something for that post alone. 

• Upvote 2

On 04/03/2022 at 17:16, sir roger said:

The stretch of Dunnings Bridge Road between the golf course and the Park Hotel has about a dozen anti-vaxx idiots holding up placards at the side of the road and on the overpass. One saw me shaking my head while waiting at the lights and started chanting about sheeple towards the car. One placard was having a go at Klopp, and one I didn't understand said ' Flys are dropping like footballers these days '. Should have got out and changed it to Flies.

Look, I just have trouble with spelling when it comes to insects.  Nobody's perfect. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Stepson and daughter-in-law were round yesterday and her little brat started acting up before they went home. Has to be a delaying tactic as she must be pissed off with watching her mum sat constantly with her phone in her hand.

We had the last laugh, however, because the little cunt wouldn't stop jumping on the settee and then proceeded  to fall off and smack her head on the floor. Great fun.

17 minutes ago, Liverpool lad said:

Cheshire Oaks

Not a place to take dogs one would assume 

Loads of simple cunts do though

Standing in the middle of already crowded shops with the dog. Absolute dickheads 

They look at you like you are the problem as you step over their dog 

You haven't read the Cheshire Oaks handbook. 

1. Go alone

2. Park in the left hand side car park

3. Go to the Yo Sushi and have a scran and a hot sake. 

4. Leave 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 05/03/2022 at 22:37, Creator Supreme said:

My eldest is 17 years and 4 months old on Monday!

I have been tired constantly for 17 years and 4 months on Monday!

I've a similar quip with my elderly dog. 

He's 16 now, we got him when he was 4. 

We've two young children also, 6 and 3. 

I was picking up dog shite the other day and I said to my missus. When the dog goes, that's it for the foreseeable future. I've been picking up dog shit, every day for 12 years, and changing human shite for the past 6 years (the youngest isn't training well). I just don't want to do it anymore. 

Pack on topic. 

I fucking detest, but have those enjoying extendable curtain poles. I hate the way toy have th flick the curtain over the little tapered edge to close the curtains. I've learned my lesson and since bought one piecers for other rooms. But I've yet to upgrade the sitting room or my own bedroom. Very annoying though

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I've a similar quip with my elderly dog. 

He's 16 now, we got him when he was 4. 

We've two young children also, 6 and 3. 

I was picking up dog shite the other day and I said to my missus. When the dog goes, that's it for the foreseeable future. I've been picking up dog shit, every day for 12 years, and changing human shite for the past 6 years (the youngest isn't training well). I just don't want to do it anymore. 

Pack on topic. 

I fucking detest, but have those enjoying extendable curtain poles. I hate the way toy have th flick the curtain over the little tapered edge to close the curtains. I've learned my lesson and since bought one piecers for other rooms. But I've yet to upgrade the sitting room or my own bedroom. Very annoying though

I hear you loud and clear.

We've got 2 daughters 11 and 9 years old and life was pretty hectic   ......and then the Mrs decided getting a puppy was a great idea in September last year. 

Ive since been locked in an ongoing battle with the little scamp that has led to the re-introduction of stair gates, any clothes or shoes that you value in any way having to be locked out of harms reach, trips to Vets, lounge full of loud squeeky toys, having to fence off the grass in the garden as the dog has transformed it into a crater filled shit bath and early morning/evening walks that throw my carefully constructed routine out. Im currently working on a solution that will enable us to receive post/letters that havent been shredded......

4 hours ago, Dave D said:

I hear you loud and clear.

We've got 2 daughters 11 and 9 years old and life was pretty hectic   ......and then the Mrs decided getting a puppy was a great idea in September last year. 

Ive since been locked in an ongoing battle with the little scamp that has led to the re-introduction of stair gates, any clothes or shoes that you value in any way having to be locked out of harms reach, trips to Vets, lounge full of loud squeeky toys, having to fence off the grass in the garden as the dog has transformed it into a crater filled shit bath and early morning/evening walks that throw my carefully constructed routine out. Im currently working on a solution that will enable us to receive post/letters that havent been shredded......

dont get me wrong, i love dogs, ive had in the past 12 years. But between picking up shite from a stinky dog and changing a shitty arse, ive had enough. 

then there's the burden of finding someone to look after the dog when you go away. they really are a lot of work. 

I see where you're coming from. At stages in your childrens life you eventually get some resemblance of normality back, be it getting rid of the buggy, taking the stair gate down. But then you get a puppy and those things are back in  

4 hours ago, Dave D said:

12 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

dont get me wrong, i love dogs, ive had in the past 12 years. But between picking up shite from a stinky dog and changing a shitty arse, ive had enough. 

then there's the burden of finding someone to look after the dog when you go away. they really are a lot of work. 

I see where you're coming from. At stages in your childrens life you eventually get some resemblance of normality back, be it getting rid of the buggy, taking the stair gate down. But then you get a puppy and those things are back in  

I think it's taking the piss if I'm honest mate

giphy.gif