You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

21 hours ago, Elite said:

When you pull out a junction when the nearest vehicle is a good distance away and then the fuckers speed up on purpose. 

Dozens and dozens of examples on this guy's channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfZwNd8i7spJmLr4qq1_Gyw

Most of the problems are caused by dashcammers accelerating at roundabouts and junctions to get a submission.

• Upvote 2

On 14/01/2022 at 19:27, Elite said:

When you pull out a junction when the nearest vehicle is a good distance away and then the fuckers speed up on purpose. 

Does my fucking head in that. Same as the cunts on the motorway doing 70. You're doing, cough, 80 and these blerts stamp on the loud pedal as they think they're Lewis Hamilton and no one should be overtaking them.

• Upvote 1

Call centres staffed by people who have about 10 minutes of training and can't cope with a move of script.

It's such a shit business choice "hey lets' employ a load of incompetents and pay them fuck all and let them piss off any customers who ever have a problem". 

From the same school as "your call is important to us" while leaving you in a queue for an hour. 

4 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I hate driving I hate everybody else on the road. I mostly hate short slip roads with poor visibility which seems to be every new slip road.. match the speed of the traffic.. how I'm literally gambling I'm not going to rocket into the side of a lorry.

I detest day to day driving now, it's horrendous. Sheer volume of traffic, people who don't give a flying fuck about other peoples cars in car parks etc. 

Other than driving in competition or on private land when we are testing and what have you I'd happily never drive again.

• Upvote 1

On 14/01/2022 at 19:27, Elite said:

You tend to get a lot of this in Preston.

A large percentage seem to be young lads of the Asian persuasion in high powered Mercs and BMWs either proving a point or just being twats. Mind you, young female drivers are getting more aggressive nowadays. It's almost as though a Fiat 500 is now made from the same material as a Panzer tank and will happily push you off the road.

Working at 6:30am until 6:50pm certainly has it's benefits as most cunts on the roads are either tucked up in bed or already bullied/dithered their way home.

On 13/01/2022 at 09:09, Rico1304 said:

I’ve started swimming as my knees are fucked.  I get to the pool at 7 for the lane swimming session and as I’m hopeless I go in the slow lane.  I’m not quick enough for the medium lane, but a bit quicker than the old duffers in the slow.  It’s 7am Doreen, we’ve all got jobs to go to.  Your 70 if you’re a day so go when we’re all at work! 

There's a reason those old cunts are out swimming in the morning and clogging up the gyms. It's so they can stay fit enough to get out and get in my fucking way in the supermarkets on my days off.

The fucking old bastards take up all the aisle with a carelessly discarded trolley (usually at 90 degrees to the fucking shelves) while either bending right over to look at the bottom shelf for three hours or gassing to the old twat who probably lives next door to them. These twats are everywhere! You go in the Morrisons in Leyland after 10am and it's like a scene from Cocoon!

Get the fuck outta my way Ethel and take the conversation about varicose veins to another place where I'm not, you old cunt!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chairman Meow said:

Also, the need to register for anything and everything. 

Nvidia want me to register to download a graphics card for fucks sake, I don't want any offer, I don't want notifications, I just want to be able to download my shit and move on.

Constant push notifications about nothing and emails for offers that save you 1p.

1 hour ago, Preston Red said:

Constant push notifications about nothing and emails for offers that save you 1p.

The whole push notification thing on my phone has, for me at least, actually had the opposite effect to the one they intended as I've uninstalled almost everything other than stuff I absolutely have to have for business/work. My current mobile has a damaged screen, I'm seriously thinking of getting a PAYG sim that I can use solely for 2FA and when it forces you to have a phone number to join something so my main number is left alone. 

In an ideal world I'd actually just like an old Nokia 3310 with the facility to use it as a modem to allow me to connect my laptop when I am working away.

I've switched to checking work and personal emails first thing in the morning, then work emails (I'm self employed) again when I eat at mid day and then work emails again when I eat my tea/dinner*. The main thing I noticed from doing that is that I would estimate that at most I only get about 2 or 3 emails per day that I actually have any interest in.

I fucking hate the modern world. 

*Delete as appropriate depending on whether you are a Southern shandy drinking nonce or not.

People who spend too long (more than two seconds) deciding what, if anything, they want from the supermarket shelf I need to get to. 

Obviously my two second rule doesn’t apply to me, I will take as long as I need despite your fidgeting and tutting.

A man needs time to make sure he correctly identifies the haddock fish fingers and isn’t rushed into accidentally picking up the cod. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

People who spend too long (more than two seconds) deciding what, if anything, they want from the supermarket shelf I need to get to. 

Obviously my two second rule doesn’t apply to me, I will take as long as I need despite your fidgeting and tutting.

A man needs time to make sure he correctly identifies the haddock fish fingers and isn’t rushed into accidentally picking up the cod. 

This is clearly a coded euphemism for something unspeakably depraved. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Preston Red said:

There's a reason those old cunts are out swimming in the morning and clogging up the gyms. It's so they can stay fit enough to get out and get in my fucking way in the supermarkets on my days off.

The fucking old bastards take up all the aisle with a carelessly discarded trolley (usually at 90 degrees to the fucking shelves) while either bending right over to look at the bottom shelf for three hours or gassing to the old twat who probably lives next door to them. These twats are everywhere! You go in the Morrisons in Leyland after 10am and it's like a scene from Cocoon!

Get the fuck outta my way Ethel and take the conversation about varicose veins to another place where I'm not, you old cunt!

How is the Chief Exec role at Age UK panning out for you , PR ?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Can we add the supermarket staff who do the picking for the online orders?  Not so much them, but the haul trucks they are lugging alongside them and then fancy a gab to their mates in the same aisle.  Trying to navigate around more than one of those is near impossible and it fucks up my OCD of moving around the supermarket in a certain order.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

TV shows that are historically inaccurate. Christmas trees in Tudor period costume  dramas that sort of thing. Here is a link to the Flintstones Christmas special. 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=flintstones+christmas+episode&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

Negged. Fred Flintstone is ace. If he wants a Christmas tree, he can have a Christmas tree. 

We have to stagger our lunch hours at work and the boy who I go after always says he'll go 12-1 and ends up going about 12:20 so I'm sitting starving until 1:20.

Does my head in. If you say you're going at 12, go at fucking 12.

• Upvote 1

Virgin media and their monopoly on quick broadband. £3.25 theyre upping my bill by, evey year I get a letter "look nobody likes a rising bill but we need to keep investing in our technology",  no you're opportunitistic twats who rinse as much as as you can.  They say inflation is 5.1 percent well my disposable income is around 20 percent worse off with all the increases across the board from food to petrol and everything in-between. They can shove their inflation basket up their arse!

9 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Virgin media and their monopoly on quick broadband. £3.25 theyre upping my bill by, evey year I get a letter "look nobody likes a rising bill but we need to keep investing in our technology",  no you're opportunitistic twats who rinse as much as as you can.  They say inflation is 5.1 percent well my disposable income is around 20 percent worse off with all the increases across the board from food to petrol and everything in-between. They can shove their inflation basket up their arse!

Our regular shop in Asda has gone up from around 85 - 90 quid a week to over 100. Today it was £102. That's an increase of 10 to 13 quid so well over 10% even by my dodgey maths.

Inflation only 5.7%, my arse! Oh and they ditched the pensions triple lock because they said 8% wasnt representative and 'unfair'!

Apps instead of websites like Facebook where if you decided to leave the thing your on to go on to something else to say copy and paste something in like a YouTube clip, when you go back to the app the thing you was on has refreshed and you have to scroll down ages to find it again.