You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

2 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Proper pisses me off that ITV+1 is further down the channel list than ITV2+1, it makes zero sense. 

BBC2 HD being Ch.102 on Sky, yet BBC1 HD being Ch.115, with BBC1 SD taking Ch.101.

Now I’m sure there’s a simple way to rectify this but that’s not the point. 

This shambles means regular fall outs with the wife who is unable to select the HD version of BBC1 no matter how many times I tell her we pay extra for it. 

• Upvote 3

On 28/11/2021 at 14:33, Carvalho Diablo said:

When it's pissing down and / or snowing a blizzard and people are wearing winter coats...but don't put their hoods up. What's the fucking point in that?

Today's f**tball, and it's wintery blizzard conditions; daft cunt Dyche out on the field in only his shirt sleeves, and that bald twat poser Fraudiola getting soaked because he's obviously too cool to put his hood up.

Wankers!

Add Dean Smith of Norwich to the list.

The wife and her uncanny ability to leave the room just before a feature on rising energy prices and things we should do to combat them.

I need to use these opportunities to highlight her non compliance using a combination of roles. Demented dictator, dismissive parent and penny pinching puritan were to be my chosen ones.

1 hour ago, Preston Red said:

"It's the Christmas Elf Time..."

giphy (17).gif

When did these Christmas elves become a thing? I'm going to blame social media for their rise in popularity.

We were talking about it yesterday, I really don't like it and don't want them when our daughter gets a little older but my wife (a teacher) says they're now so ubiquitous that you almost have to do it because otherwise she'll be upset to miss out. We'll have to invent another lie as to why they don't come to our house.

15 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

When did these Christmas elves become a thing? I'm going to blame social media for their rise in popularity.

We were talking about it yesterday, I really don't like it and don't want them when our daughter gets a little older but my wife (a teacher) says they're now so ubiquitous that you almost have to do it because otherwise she'll be upset to miss out. We'll have to invent another lie as to why they don't come to our house.

Never bothered with one here, even though all her friends do, and while I’m sure she wouldn’t liked it, she definitely hasn’t ended up feeling like she’s missed out on something important.

45 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Just buy a cheap one and then avoid all of the 'hiding the little bastard' thing by saying  it has covid and needs to isolate for a fortnight in a cupboard.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, John102 said:

Tiny radiators in large rooms annoy me. Especially under a large window. 

Nah the thick vintage ones are superb. 

When I say vintage I'm talking 1950's mental asylum chic, not Stringvest burn a body in the corner he might have the plague chic. 

2 hours ago, Karl_b said:

Same as the reindeer dust and all that shit on Christmas Eve.

What happened to the good old days of trying to sneak down at 11:30 to see if "he'd" been and being met with "Get back to bed you little cunt!".

No doubt it's some daft Americanism that has infiltrated these shores in another way of emptying our wallets.

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Never bothered with one here, even though all her friends do, and while I’m sure she wouldn’t liked it, she definitely hasn’t ended up feeling like she’s missed out on something important.

I often find children are spoilt little bastards who demand to be doing the same things as their friends. Nip that shit in the bud and you have the perfect child; as it would appear you have here Bob.

Kids should be allowed to enjoy Crimbo in whatever form they have in their house without parents following ridiculous trends that are purely for social media validation.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Just buy a cheap one and then avoid all of the 'hiding the little bastard' thing by saying  it has covid and needs to isolate for a fortnight in a cupboard.

Hahahahahaha

"Sorry kids, the little cunt didn't have a vaccine passport so I had to volley him over the fence".

• Upvote 2

Not a little thing Im afraid, a massive thing that gets me annoyed but cant find anywhere for this.

That poor little lad murdered by his 'parents.' Fuck me what a life he had, made to eat salt, made to stand in a hallway for 14 hours?! The poor lad screaming 'no one loves me'?

My heart breaks for him and any child mistreated. I hope he's in a lot happier place.

Those 2 cunts of parents, Id like to perform vivisection on them with a blunt and rusty hacksaw blade. Sorry for offending anyone's sensibilities but swinging is too quick for them.

RIP Arthur.

• Upvote 4