You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

People prefacing words with 'super'

They were super excited 

I was super tired

Get right to fuck with that shit.

My missus said someone was 'super grumpy' and I pulled her up on it & we fell out. I think she knows I'm right but can't back down on principle.

I keep seeing people use “super stoked” and “super pumped” for excited. It winds me up something rotten.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Mook said:

They were super excited 

I was super tired

My missus said someone was 'super grumpy' and I pulled her up on it & we fell out. I think she knows I'm right but can't back down on principle.

You see this a lot on the hellhole that is LinkedIn.

I’m super excited to announce that I’m a total cunt.

I’m super boring and vacuous and should be shot.

I’m more super than you at being super.

Stuff like that anyway..

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Mook said:

They were super excited 

I was super tired

I’ve mentioned this before. 

Super cunts. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

You see this a lot on the hellhole that is LinkedIn.

I’m super excited to announce that I’m a total cunt.

I’m super boring and vacuous and should be shot.

I’m more super than you at being super.

Stuff like that anyway..

All a bit superficial. 

• Upvote 4

On 23/07/2021 at 16:13, Colonel Kurtz said:

I've tried ignoring it when I've been on conference calls with important clients and they just bang louder on the door accompanied by shouting my name through the letterbox. Lazy fuckers all of them. 

Is this a house share with strangers or are they actual mates? Either way tell them to take their fucking key or they won’t get in until someone arrives who has got a key to let them in.

Thats pissed me off massively that. Inconsiderate and assumptive cunts. I hope it’s not yours family after that rant. If so, apologies, but the point stands. Selfish

2 minutes ago, belarus said:

Is this a house share with strangers or are they actual mates? Either way tell them to take their fucking key or they won’t get in until someone arrives who has got a key to let them in.

Thats pissed me off massively that. Inconsiderate and assumptive cunts. I hope it’s not yours family after that rant. If so, apologies, but the point stands. Selfish

It's his family mate. 

Wait until they all go out one day (preferably a cold rainy day) then follow them out,  leaving your mobile somewhere close to the door so the ringing would be audible outside. Have a nice day out and give them time to have all arrived, then return. Forgot my mobile, should've taken your keys, hope you're not cold etc.

Either that or take out a mortgage on the Porsche and get one of those fingerprint locks

• Upvote 2

On 30/07/2021 at 13:00, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

When you're in the passenger seat and the driver's parking, you take your seat belt off and they feel the need to say 'just hang on a minute', oh ok I was going to get out whilst the car is moving like I always do, but on this occasion I'll wait.

Maybe they just know that they're so shit at parking that there's still a good chance of a crash.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Ha ha, its mainly Mrs kurtz or little kids but they are still annoying. 

Does change things a bit to be fair. I don’t think I’d be that annoyed at my wife or my lad knocking to get in. Still fuming at those non-existent, selfish cunts that you house share with though if I’m honest. Can’t let it go.

• Upvote 1

When you're in the passenger seat and the driver's parking, you take your seat belt off and they feel the need to say 'just hang on a minute', oh ok I was going to get out whilst the car is moving like I always do, but on this occasion I'll wait.

To caveat that, my wife does this, and I’m not telling her to wait as she’s about to leap out, it’s more that she decides that this is the perfect time to get her shit together and manoeuvre herself in front of every mirror I am using to park, creating blind spots and even throwing in obstacles as she leans over, across and behind me to get to something 

4 minutes ago, belarus said:

To caveat that, my wife does this, and I’m not telling her to wait as she’s about to leap out, it’s more that she decides that this is the perfect time to get her shit together and manoeuvre herself in front of every mirror I am using to park, creating blind spots and even throwing in obstacles as she leans over, across and behind me to get to something 

Ha-ha, well, I can't say much about that.

To be fair my wife picked a few of us up after a boozy leaving do and for no apparent reason one of my workmates decided to open the back passenger door and try to get out as she was going around the roundabout at Broadway. I was in the passenger seat and ended up grabbing him by the back of his collar to stop him skidding up Scarisbrick Road at speed. She ripped him to fucking pieces with a rant for the ages.

• Upvote 2

Got a £30 fine through the post for allegedly entering a bus lane in Cambridge a week or two ago. They’ve changed the road layout for dropping off/picking up at the train station. I missed the turn and did a u-turn about 3 seconds later but they’re sneakily claiming I was in a bus lane. 

Knobheads have even mocked up pictures of me driving my car on a road that has ‘BUS LANE’ painted on it in bright yellow. It’s fucking outrageous. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, sir roger said:

To be fair my wife picked a few of us up after a boozy leaving do and for no apparent reason one of my workmates decided to open the back passenger door and try to get out as she was going around the roundabout at Broadway. I was in the passenger seat and ended up grabbing him by the back of his collar to stop him skidding up Scarisbrick Road at speed. She ripped him to fucking pieces with a rant for the ages.

I bet he enjoyed that hangover.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, sir roger said:

Old fella in Norris Green use to regularly turn his Reliant Rover upside down turning from Broadway/Broad Lane by St Christopher’s Church onto the roundabout. 

21 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Got a £30 fine through the post for allegedly entering a bus lane in Cambridge a week or two ago. They’ve changed the road layout for dropping off/picking up at the train station. I missed the turn and did a u-turn about 3 seconds later but they’re sneakily claiming I was in a bus lane. 

Knobheads have even mocked up pictures of me driving my car on a road that has ‘BUS LANE’ painted on it in bright yellow. It’s fucking outrageous. 

Send them a photo of your face and then might let you off.