You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

18 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

For some reason my mum wanted me to take them when I was about six or seven. I'd just lash them behind the fridge.

About two years later they found about 500 of them back there.

Fuck knows why I couldn't have just had some mackeral or something.

Did it never cross your mind to stick them in the bin rather than behind the fridge?

This has reminded me of one of my favourite quotes ever, David De Gea's wife saying that Manchester looked like 'the back of a fridge'. Absolutely superb stuff.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Mook said:

Did it never cross your mind to stick them in the bin rather than behind the fridge?

This has reminded me of one of my favourite quotes ever, David De Gea's wife saying that Manchester looked like 'the back of a fridge'. Absolutely superb stuff.

Nah, they went behind the fridge so no-one could see I wasn't taking the horrible little cunts.

People who absolutely piss themselves at their own remark/comment. 99% of the time it isn't remotely funny. They just burst out laughing when they speak. Her brother does it and it drives me mad. Ok I get it if you say something funny, we are all capable of making ourselves laugh from time to time but fucking fuck off. Rick from Pawn Stars is another one of these self-laughing cunt wizards "It's cool, but....It's gonna be hard for me to sell.. hehehaaaaahahahahahahagghhhhhhh" 

1*m-iCryc0NRbiEkXU6aqbtw.jpeg

7 minutes ago, redinblack said:

1. People talking during Popmaster on Ken Bruce on Radio 2

2. People talking about how they thought they had the last question right but didnt, while Ken Bruce is reading out the next question.

Shut.Up.

Never listen to popmaster around other people. I rang my dad during popmaster once, he didn't speak to me for a month 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, redinblack said:

1. People talking during Popmaster on Ken Bruce on Radio 2

2. People talking about how they thought they had the last question right but didnt, while Ken Bruce is reading out the next question.

Shut.Up.

I used to work for a family business in  town many years ago and would go out and make deliveries to one particular customer out somewhere between Burscoughand Southport, I would time my leaving the shop so that I could pull into the same country lane lay-by every day to listen to Popmaster.

Not listened to it for years now, perhaps I should whilst working from home, what time is it on these days, still about half ten?

21 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Passwords that are too complicated. This is the number of combinations for my BT broadband account. 

Just fucking ridiculous

Sure that’s not your bank balance?

23 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Not listened to it for years now, perhaps I should whilst working from home, what time is it on these days, still about half ten?

It is.

I don't know if there is a 'life's small pleasures' thread but listening to PopMaster when some tool gets 3 points (and that's only because Bruce rolls it across the six yard line at the end for a tap in) is one of them.

10 minutes ago, UnwelcomeinPeru said:

It is.

I don't know if there is a 'life's small pleasures' thread but listening to PopMaster when some tool gets 3 points (and that's only because Bruce rolls it across the six yard line at the end for a tap in) is one of them.

Starts just before 1030, I usually walk from my desk to the kitchen at 1025 which gives me time to make a cup of tea.

Today I scored 24 on both rounds. 

12 minutes ago, redinblack said:

Starts just before 1030, I usually walk from my desk to the kitchen at 1025 which gives me time to make a cup of tea.

Today I scored 24 on both rounds. 

Our very own @Tj hooker was on it about 6 weeks back. Hit the high 20's and won the 3 in 3 as well. 

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, UnwelcomeinPeru said:

It is.

My brother won it once- Im sure he only scored 3, might have been 6 at most.

Even Ken laughed that he'd managed to win after such a rubbish score 

He was on first- the 2nd guy was dreadful. Fairly sure he didnt get a question right

Annoying stuff-

When inflating something- paddling pool, bike tyre etc, you get it inflated, take the pump off and then seemingly lose the ability to use your fingers in a co-ordinated manner as all the air hisses in your face as you fumble with the cap/cover etc    

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Did he win a prize?

I think it's a DAB Radio and a signed photo. You don't win Popmaster for the prize though. You win it for bragging rights on the streets. I've never got above 24, I average around 15. 

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think it's a DAB Radio and a signed photo. You don't win Popmaster for the prize though. You win it for bragging rights on the streets. I've never got above 24, I average around 15. 

I used to be ace at it but these days anything after 2010 and I'm mostly clueless.

I'd back myself on most 80's and 90's stuff.

5 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I used to be ace at it but these days anything after 2010 and I'm mostly clueless.

I'd back myself on most 80's and 90's stuff.

I piss the 90's stuff, ok at 80's and surprisingly 60's but the 70's I'm absolute gash. He doesn't ask much post 2000 but I'm ok with it especially between 00 and 10. Seriously 70's stuff I just shout Boney M. 

48 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Its a wireless speaker if you win then the DAB Radio if you get 3 in 10.

I havent the cojones to go on, Id probably get 3. Or None.

They have a Champions League for daily winners who get near 39 at Whit and Christmas. The Whit one just gone was unreal the stuff these people know is incredible. I thought I was fairly knowledgeable but these people are miles out in front.

On 14/07/2021 at 18:27, Preston Red said:

If you open the "blank" end (i.e. no brand name etc) you'll get the instruction leaflet. Open the end with the brand name, you're straight to the tablets

Unfortunately that’s not correct. 

It depends on the manufacturer and some drugs are branded both ends. 

• Upvote 1